PDA

View Full Version : Bought the Demo Model

MyEleanor
01-17-2015, 09:39 AM
In an earlier post I was wondering about buying a 2014 RT-S demo with a little over 300 miles on it (322 actually). The price was way less than a 2015 equivalent. After some back and forth with my dealer I finally pulled the trigger. They had to go up to Phoenix to pick her up and I took delivery yesterday afternoon. From there I took a 50 mile familiarization ride over some windy roads nearby to get the feel of her. Later I went and picked up my youngest daughter from school. After 60 miles or so all I can say is Wow!!!! I have had a grin on my face from the get go and can't see it going away anytime soon. I love the power and am getting used to the handling. She is black and has been tagged with the name Black Betty (for those of you who remember the song). Right now I am reading the manual and have gone over the do's and don't's a couple of times. Thanks for answering questions and providing advice when I asked for it. I have heard some people complain about this forum but I have found it nothing but valuable so far. Since I know this post is worthless without a pic, I will attempt to attach one.

Bob Denman
01-17-2015, 09:50 AM
:clap: :congrats: :2thumbs: Don't forget to brush your teeth after each ride... 100908

greatrides
01-17-2015, 09:58 AM
Great looking ride!:2thumbs:

NovaSpyder
01-17-2015, 10:02 AM
:congrats: I think you made a very good decision! Hope your daughter enjoys it too!

Chupaca
01-17-2015, 10:44 AM
congratulations on a fine looking ryde. The grin becomes permanent...:roflblack: you and your will enjoy it no end..!! :2thumbs:

Purple Guy
01-17-2015, 10:55 AM
Whoa Black Betty (Bam-A-Lam)!
:congrats: on your new ryde, she's a beauty!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZbjyuDYtAtk

can-am sam
01-17-2015, 11:08 AM
Congrats on your new machine!:ohyea:

Highwayman2013
01-17-2015, 11:12 AM
Very nice enjoy!100912

murphybrown
01-17-2015, 11:34 AM
Yep the PERMA GRIN is now a fixed item in your life AND it will only get better, better and better. IMHO the folks on Spyderlovers are totally awesome and helpful. So again you are making some grand and wonderful lifetime choices. And my 2 cents worth (and gollly geeee you didn't even ask). Spyderlovers is a place for all things Spyder and meeting some of the finest folks around. Now will you see/hear negatives...of course the beauty of forums....lots of opinions, belief systems and comments. Cool thing is I can accept, reject or just say hmmmmm. I am a person who sees my life and my associations as awesome people. Are there jerks and those who wouldn't say a NICE thing if it bit them in the butt or their life depended on it. So personally I think wow it must be miserable to be that negative. Treat the person with respect but odds are we won't be having to many fireside chats. Life happens and it ain't always pretty...but that is the part that tests my skill of loving my life at this very moment. So all that said to say Spyderlovers, a people, are :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: and they have the side benefit of also loving a machine I love to own and ryde.
Sure glad you are here...and the '14 is a sweeeet ryde. Are you coming to Spyderfest 2015? :clap:

MyEleanor
01-17-2015, 11:39 AM
MurphyBrown, thanks for the kind words and $0.02 worth (even tho I didn't ask :)). I heartily agree about the forum and choosing those I want to read and comment on and those I don't. I won't make Spyderfest this year. Other plans in the works. Although I do plan on taking Black Betty on a long ride this summer (June timeframe) into New Mexico, Colorado and Utah.

cognaccruiser
01-17-2015, 11:44 AM
Good decision. Congrats and enjoy! :thumbup:

Gary

robmorg
01-17-2015, 01:10 PM
:congrats:
I got my "new demo" 16 months ago now, and been grinnin' ever since. You are in for some fun. :2thumbs:

As for the forum, there are indeed those few who like to complain if some folks make a post or two they don't like. As for me... It's ALL been good! I've learned SO MUCH here, and made some friends along the way. So will you!

Oh, and that new RT of your's,,, It looks mighty fine, but it's still pretty "generic". It needs some FARKLES!:yes: And when you ad 'em, write 'em up and post pix.

Questions
01-17-2015, 01:26 PM
In an earlier post I was wondering about buying a 2014 RT-S demo with a little over 300 miles on it (322 actually). The price was way less than a 2015 equivalent. After some back and forth with my dealer I finally pulled the trigger. They had to go up to Phoenix to pick her up and I took delivery yesterday afternoon. From there I took a 50 mile familiarization ride over some windy roads nearby to get the feel of her. Later I went and picked up my youngest daughter from school. After 60 miles or so all I can say is Wow!!!! I have had a grin on my face from the get go and can't see it going away anytime soon. I love the power and am getting used to the handling. She is black and has been tagged with the name Black Betty (for those of you who remember the song). Right now I am reading the manual and have gone over the do's and don't's a couple of times. Thanks for answering questions and providing advice when I asked for it. I have heard some people complain about this forum but I have found it nothing but valuable so far. Since I know this post is worthless without a pic, I will attempt to attach one.

I think you made a Great choice and hope you and, your daughter have as much fun as my girlfriend and I !!!!!! Welcome to Spyderlovers, you will find the greatest people in the world right here !!!!! ENJOY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PW2013STL
01-17-2015, 02:26 PM
:congrats: Looking good looking very very good:yes:

:cheers: To your many adventures.

Big Arm
01-17-2015, 03:21 PM
:congrats: On your new ride. Hope we can meet up soon. I ride up your way quite often. If your coming down this way, get in touch.

GloryRyders
01-17-2015, 03:24 PM
:congrats: on your new :spyder:..............time to start the "farkle" process and there is no better place to do that then at Spyderfest 2015!:yes:

ARtraveler
01-17-2015, 03:46 PM
:congrats: on your new ride. IMO--the 2014 RT is currently the best of the best. I am biased though. :yes::yes:

The advice about the good, the bad, and the ugly is also right on. :thumbup:

Cruzr Joe
01-17-2015, 05:19 PM
That was exactly what mine looked like before the Farkle Fairie hit it.

Enjoy it, it is a beautiful ride.

Cruzr Joe

MyEleanor
01-17-2015, 05:33 PM
Not sure about the Farkles yet. I have the driver backrest on order and it should be here next week. I've got my iPod working so that's good. Beyond that I will wait awhile until I get used to her and how she handles. My first item will likely be a cover of some sort. And a GPS mount. I saw a few threads about both on SL so I will go look for them. The seat may be next but I want to get used to it first to see if I can live with it. I'm a tall guy (36" inseam) so I'm not sure if I will want a bit more legroom. We shall see.

samewok
01-17-2015, 05:53 PM
Welcome and enjoy.

Deanna777
01-17-2015, 06:52 PM
:congrats:on your new 14RT-S, and welcome to the 1330ACE CLUB, you made an excellent choice. Enjoy it!
Mine was plane looking until I started to do some farkling.

I first spyder was a 2012RTS-SE5, then I upgraded to a 2014RTS-SE6. I am having fun with it.

Deanna

scottnkansas
01-17-2015, 08:38 PM
I got my 2014 three weeks ago. It's been cold so I've only put around 200 miles in it but I love it. I had a 2012 before and this is a far better ride. Glad you are enjoying your Spyder.

Scott

robmorg
01-17-2015, 09:06 PM
Not sure about the Farkles yet. I have the driver backrest on order and it should be here next week. I've got my iPod working so that's good. Beyond that I will wait awhile until I get used to her and how she handles. My first item will likely be a cover of some sort. And a GPS mount. I saw a few threads about both on SL so I will go look for them. The seat may be next but I want to get used to it first to see if I can live with it. I'm a tall guy (36" inseam) so I'm not sure if I will want a bit more legroom. We shall see.
The ComfortSeat on the 2014 really IS more comfortable, and it will give you 2 inches more leg room. If you are thinking about the ComfortSeat, make sure the backrest that you ordered will fit it before you install it on the stock seat. (I don't know if they are interchangeable or not.)

LEEB
01-17-2015, 09:31 PM
Black Betty is a perfect name for your new ride. I'm only a few months ahead of you in Spyder ownership (2014 RT-S), and I remember the first couple of days on mine, and the smile she produced. As everyone here has said, you will love the Spyder even more and more as you ride it. We're still smiling even after the first 6 months.

MyEleanor
01-17-2015, 09:34 PM
Rob, I had my girlfriend sit on the RT with the stock seat and then figured two inches less for the passenger. When you add the backrest, it looked like the passenger would be pretty squeezed. I want her to be comfortable as well. If anyone has experience with a passenger and is using the comfort seatm(or Ultimate Tall Boy with a backrest), I would be interested in hearing your thoughts. For my legroom I would consider highway pegs. A cheaper alternative to the seat replacement for sure.

scottnkansas
01-18-2015, 09:38 AM
Rob, I had my girlfriend sit on the RT with the stock seat and then figured two inches less for the passenger. When you add the backrest, it looked like the passenger would be pretty squeezed. I want her to be comfortable as well. If anyone has experience with a passenger and is using the comfort seatm(or Ultimate Tall Boy with a backrest), I would be interested in hearing your thoughts. For my legroom I would consider highway pegs. A cheaper alternative to the seat replacement for sure.

I have the tall boy with the back rest. Wife is 5'2 and. 115lbs and she has plenty of room. The back rest made a huge difference for me for longer rides and just around town.

Scott

hdlongrod
01-18-2015, 07:26 PM
Nice ride!