PDA

View Full Version : Sena SPH10H Discontinued...

lyonsden
01-15-2015, 02:16 PM
Well I'm not very happy about this. I purchased 2 of the SPH10H units about 2 years ago and yesterday I looked on the Sena website to see if there were any updates. This model has been removed from the site. The documentation is even gone. I sent a ticket to Sena's support and ask them about it and below is the response I received. Just thought I would let others know that have the same units.

"Wahyit Cheung, Jan 15 10:46 AM: That model has been discontinued and replaced with SPH10H-FM and Snowtalk.
I can provide you the last update and manual if you need but there won't be any more updates for the futures.
Regards,
Wahyit Cheung
"

SpyderAnn01
01-15-2015, 05:36 PM
You will just have to hope that your unit continues to function properly. It isn't unusual for software makers to stop supporting a version when it is outdated but 2 years seems a little quick to dump a product completely.

JayBros
01-15-2015, 06:57 PM
You will just have to hope that your unit continues to function properly. It isn't unusual for software makers to stop supporting a version when it is outdated but 2 years seems a little quick to dump a product completely.

Could have been a sales volume issue too. A niche of a niche of a niche!

lyonsden
01-15-2015, 10:36 PM
You will just have to hope that your unit continues to function properly. It isn't unusual for software makers to stop supporting a version when it is outdated but 2 years seems a little quick to dump a product completely.I think it had to do with they created the same model that included FM radio. The early ones didn't. I guess what bothers me is they have older models than the SPH10H that they are making updates for still.