PDA

View Full Version : rt mirror glass

scarecrow
01-15-2015, 01:41 PM
I added the arrow turn signals to my 14rts last week. I did break one of the mirrors in the process. I was able to get another mirror cut and did replace it. I would like to know is there any mirrors glass that is a factory replacement.

finless
01-15-2015, 10:48 PM
Did you see my video and post about this subject?

No.. BRP does not offer the glass as a part so no.... you cannot get a factory glass unless you buy the complete mirror assembly which is like $400+

But if you use my video and get it done, why would you want to get an "original"?

Bob

scarecrow
01-16-2015, 10:26 AM
Yes I did use your video. I purchased the mirror from my local parts house. The problem I had was finding a glass house that would cut it. I finally found one a had to teach them how to reverse the image to cut the mirror correct. The one time cut was $40. It made it into the frame ok, but it was a little smaller than the original. Somewhere out there is a mirror the same size as the spyder. There is no way this mirror is a one off. The cost would be to high to manufacture it. Lol

Ellcott
03-09-2015, 04:13 PM
I'm having the same problem getting someone to cut the curved glass. They are worried that when they put it in the machine the downward pressure will break the glass as it's pushed into the table. Is there a trick or special equipment that can be used when cutting it?

johnwinslow
03-19-2015, 05:47 PM
Did you see my video and post about this subject?

No.. BRP does not offer the glass as a part so no.... you cannot get a factory glass unless you buy the complete mirror assembly which is like $400+

But if you use my video and get it done, why would you want to get an "original"?

Bob

you have over 2500 posts which one for the mirror

BLUEKNIGHT911
03-19-2015, 07:53 PM
If you can get a mirror at a junk yard that is close in size .................you can actually sand it down to the shape you want......I have a table sander and used a very course belt and it took awhile but it will sand down.......You can use a regular belt sander if you turn it upside down and hold the glass.........................PLEASE USE LEATHER GLOVES....AND GO SLOW ........Mike :thumbup:

finless
03-20-2015, 12:14 PM
Here is the video about replacing the mirror glass.

When I took it to the glass shop, he traced out the template with a felt pen and then cut the mirror by hand with a glass cutter tool.

Here is a link to the template if you need it:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9BFwCzfMWZ8MDJKTDVqUlp3dkU/view?usp=sharing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvAG88E8ioM