PDA

View Full Version : Extended warranty "update"

petegtsv10
01-15-2015, 01:09 PM
(note the quotation marks around "update"........)
We received a call from our dealer this AM saying that no one has a clue about the first F3 deliveries. (we will be the first one at our very large dealership) My concern remains about the 4-year warranty offered that expires on Jan. 31. We have a deposit on the F3, but have been told that w/o a specific VIN it isn't considered a purchase!
So, I called BRP directly. Talk about clueless!! I relayed all of my concerns to them and they'll get back to me asap. I also asked for an F3 ETA. I'll post any info I get.

dguisinger
01-15-2015, 04:44 PM
We received a call from our dealer this AM saying that no one has a clue about the first F3 deliveries. (we will be the first one at our very large dealership) My concern remains about the 4-year warranty offered that expires on Jan. 31. We have a deposit on the F3, but have been told that w/o a specific VIN it isn't considered a purchase!
So, I called BRP directly. Talk about clueless!! I relayed all of my concerns to them and they'll get back to me asap. I also asked for an F3 ETA. I'll post any info I get.

BRP is always clueless

My dealer says you can't get the extended warranty because they won't be out on time, however BRP has told them to expect a similar promo at the time... but I was told similar could really mean anything, just their changing monthly promotions.

SpyderAnn01
01-15-2015, 04:54 PM
From the other threads posted today it looks like they have started shipping them so maybe this will not be an issue after all. Good luck.

dguisinger
01-15-2015, 04:55 PM
From the other threads posted today it looks like they have started shipping them so maybe this will not be an issue after all. Good luck.

Where are those threads? I don't see any that state they have shipped... there was one from a week ago where they thought they were shipping but were mistaken.

SpyderAnn01
01-15-2015, 05:00 PM
Where are those threads? I don't see any that state they have shipped... there was one from a week ago where they thought they were shipping but were mistaken.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?76564-F3-s-are-shipping!!!! and also another thread titled On its way

MMMII
01-15-2015, 05:00 PM
Well my dealer..........

....said that when a deposit is placed under this promo BRP debits their account (whatever that means) which secures the promo. As long as the documentation is in place there should be no problems. Since the F3 is specifically pictured on the BRP promo page I'm sure that it will all work out.

As with all things.. Document. Document. Document.

dguisinger
01-15-2015, 05:01 PM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?76564-F3-s-are-shipping!!!! and also another thread titled On its way

Oh, okay... guess they posted it in general instead of the F3 forum :P

Chupaca
01-15-2015, 05:46 PM
one was Florida and the other Illinois. One was being delivered tuesday the other just said it was on the truck...
Seems to me if was part of the purchase and you go through with it some one dealer/brp will have to honor it...:dontknow:

Dan_Ashley
01-15-2015, 06:24 PM
That is not true. There is a lot of case law that says a deposit defines the terms of a purchase. Just make sure you have the terms, including the warranty in writing. If you don't have it in writing go back to your dealer, and get it in writing. Even a salesman's signature on toilet paper will do, as long as the terms are in writing. If your dealer won't put it in writing, demand the deposit back and go to a different dealer.

Purple Guy
01-15-2015, 06:46 PM
As long as you have ordered one / put down a deposit you will get the extended warranty.
The promo is to get you to order one now.

Case in point, I order my 2014 RT-L last January with the same promo being offered, took delivery in April and got the 4 year warranty...

MidTNDawg
01-17-2015, 08:13 PM
in your first thread on this subject

petegtsv10
01-18-2015, 11:59 PM
Just got this email response from BRP:

Thank you for taking the time to contact BRP.

In response to your request, we were advised that if the dealer can't deliver the unit prior to Jan 31st, he needs to create a certificate to reserve the promotion for his customer. Dealers have until April 30th to deliver the unit.

If the dealer is unsure, then he can contact the service desk to create a certificate.

ARtraveler
01-19-2015, 04:52 PM
Both good legal and practical advice offered above.

They would not dare cut you out of the warranty if you placed a deposit on a :spyder2: within the specified period and then they were not delivered timely.

Clueless dealers, clueless BRP--clueless schmooless. :roflblack::roflblack:

We are talking customer satisfaction here. BRP and specific dealers do not want unfavorable free advertising. I think they get the message, and would be very surprised otherwise. The SL site is a pretty powerful machine. :yes:

SPYD3R
01-19-2015, 04:55 PM
the agreement i have, after putting down GOOD MONEY, states that it comes with a 4 YEAR WARRANTY....
if you have such an agreement, see if this isn't stated on it... if not, get them to re-write it with the warranty on it....
dp

Diamondback
01-20-2015, 02:33 PM
As long as you have ordered one / put down a deposit you will get the extended warranty.
The promo is to get you to order one now.

Case in point, I order my 2014 RT-L last January with the same promo being offered, took delivery in April and got the 4 year warranty...

Purple Guy is correct. The program is to give dealer deposit, dealer generates certificate on Bossweb before January 31 and 4 year warranty promotion is in place provided machine is warranty registered and picked up before April 30. Provided your dealer did the certificate you are set. For peace of mind get a copy of the certificate from your dealer if you dont already have one. Normally you would get a copy because there is a part to sign at the bottom accepting the terms of pickup by Apr 30 and the non refundable deposit.