PDA

View Full Version : Paint - Timeless Black

JAEN
01-14-2015, 03:15 PM
Hi All . I just painted my wifes 2010 RTS (Timeless Black) frunk lid and grill (rock chips) . I went to my automotive paint supplier with the lid for a camera shot to get the formula . I sprayed it - (perfect match) The formula is the same for a 2007 Lamborghini and a new Smart Car . Which car do you think I told her the color came from ? ;)

Cruzr Joe
01-14-2015, 03:23 PM
Hi All . I just painted my wifes 2010 RTS (Timeless Black) frunk lid and grill (rock chips) . I went to my automotive paint supplier with the lid for a camera shot to get the formula . I sprayed it - (perfect match) The formula is the same for a 2007 Lamborghini and a new Smart Car . Which car do you think I told her the color came from ? ;)

If you were SMART, you told her Lamborghini.

Cruzr joe

finless
01-15-2015, 08:46 PM

Good to know! This is my exact Spyder.... Bookmarked this for the future.

Can I ask if you just did touch up with a small brush or did you break out the spray gun?

Bob

JAEN
01-17-2015, 12:58 PM
Bob - Yes I sprayed the whole panels because if you just dab in paint (base/clear) then a dab of clear - you'll end up with pimples that will have to be cut and polished.