PDA

View Full Version : No luck Selling Spyder - should I part it out?

rider2554
01-13-2015, 07:36 AM
I have a question for all you out there. I've been trying to sell my Spyder for about the last 6 months now and advertised it in my local Wheels Deals, craiglist, newspaper classifieds, and on here with no luck. I've had more offers to sell it in pieces and am starting to consider it. I hate to have to do this, because it's such a nice bike, but it's starting to sound like something I have to do to sell what I can off it and take the rest to the scrap yard. Has anyone out there considered doing this or am I starting to lose my marbles. If you think I'm crazy, that's ok, because I'm starting to lose my sanity over this. I've never had any trouble selling any other bike I've ever sold, guess because they were all Harley's. Any suggestions from anyone?

blacklightning
01-13-2015, 09:39 AM
Never sold a spyder (just purchased mine new in September of 2014), but have sold a lot of other 2 wheeled bikes. In my experience, if you have a lot of costume work done, it my be easier to get closer to your asking price by taking the bike back to stock and selling it a fair price. Then sell the extra items separately. I have done this to 2 M109's that I had, and it worked out great. On each one, I offered the extras, along with the bike for about 40% of the cost. After they didn't want to meet me on the price, I removed them and got a fair price for the bike, and about 60% of the cost on the extras. Hope it helps.

Lamonster
01-13-2015, 09:46 AM
Might consider pulling the wrap off and putting a smaller windshield on it. I know the chances of someone liking that wrap as much as you do is slim. How many miles and what are you asking for it? What year?

billybovine
01-13-2015, 09:53 AM
You have done a lot of mods to your ride. The problem with that is that it limits the number buyers. The closer it is to stock the easier it is to sell. When I buy anything used, I automatically assume that mods are going to give me trouble. So when figure out a value I assign no value or more likely reduce it for every change from stock. There may be mods that I personally may like that adds value, but in past experience that is rare.

Bob Denman
01-13-2015, 09:55 AM
:agree: Those modifications are keeping folks from digging in their pockets... :shocked:

Pirate looks at --
01-13-2015, 09:59 AM
Agree with Lamont, that wrap (and hopefully it is not a paint job) limits your potential buyer market to the "Skeleton Crew" and they don't have the money to pay you what the bike is worth!

daveinva
01-13-2015, 10:13 AM
Agree with the above-- the more you can make the Spyder look stock in the photos, the better chance you'll have to sell it. Just throw in the mods as extras, or part it out.

Other advice, YMMV:

-- If you haven't yet, try eBay and CycleTrader as well, you'll get national exposure.

-- Is the bike paid off? Title in hand sells a bike FAR faster than assuming a loan.

-- A great price moves a lot of used bikes, but confidence moves many more. I know that when I'm shopping used bikes, the more detailed the ad, the more likely I am to read it. Details that include a service history, photos of any and all instances of wear & tear (*every* bike has its scratches, honesty demonstrates integrity), even a personal testimonial or two. Anything that lets a potential buyer know exactly what they're getting into. I'll pay a premium for either a perfectly-maintained garaged bike OR a cursed bike that has all its demons known from day one-- either way, just need to know what I'm getting into before I hand over the money. :thumbup:

-- Worse comes to worse, you can always trade it in towards an F3! ;)

Pennyrick
01-13-2015, 10:18 AM
I have a question for all you out there. I've been trying to sell my Spyder for about the last 6 months now and advertised it in my local Wheels Deals, craiglist, newspaper classifieds, and on here with no luck. I've had more offers to sell it in pieces and am starting to consider it. I hate to have to do this, because it's such a nice bike, but it's starting to sound like something I have to do to sell what I can off it and take the rest to the scrap yard. Has anyone out there considered doing this or am I starting to lose my marbles. If you think I'm crazy, that's ok, because I'm starting to lose my sanity over this. I've never had any trouble selling any other bike I've ever sold, guess because they were all Harley's. Any suggestions from anyone?

My guess is the skull would turn off about 3/4 of anyone in the market. Remove or cover some of that stuff and you may get more action.

The Spyder market is small... by adding that decor, you have made the market minuscule.

Chupaca
01-13-2015, 10:21 AM
many mods/farkels/add on's are not always a great selling point. One would like to get their moneies worth but I have found it hard to do. I always keep the stock parts and if no one wants it my way I return it to stock and sell them seperately. If you have the stock parts you can offer them in the deal..good luck..:thumbup:

Big F
01-13-2015, 10:32 AM

Questions: why are you selling?? is there anything wrong with the bike?? are you asking more than it's value??? what model and year??? have you thought about carrying back some of the selling price? just wondering.
THE BIG F

ARtraveler
01-13-2015, 03:40 PM
I am also going to chime in. The bike looks nice--but--the subject matter of the wrap is going to turn off a lot of people.

Bringing the :ani29: back to as close to OEM is going to get you more inquiries.

You need to do some serious price checking. People buying used are looking for a genuine bargain. If not priced accordingly it will not sell fast. We need to know more about the specifics of yours, year, miles, condition, asking price, etc.

This site is even a good indicator. Ads that get 400 plus looks and no replies or takers, indicate the price is to high. Those that are priced fair, get sold quickly.

SPYD3R
01-13-2015, 03:58 PM
MODS tend to be the choice of the current owner, and many people would not chose what they did... especially when it comes to paint jobs....
this is why i leave mine 99% OEM.... ALL mods that i do, are bolt-on, and can be removed withing minutes...
GOOD LUCK, and post more info...
Dan P
Easley, SC
SPYD3R

robmorg
01-13-2015, 04:34 PM
:agree: with all of the above, unfortunately. You might find an osteologist or a forensic anthropologist who is in the market for a Spyder and loves the graphics. But then they may not like the raised handlebars. :sour: Returning it to stock as much as possible may find you a buyer more quickly. Your bike really is sharp looking, but that's just the reality of it.

OTOH, if that's not possible, then selling it in pieces just may turn out to be more lucrative. You may want to investigate that option more.

ulflyer
01-13-2015, 04:37 PM
If its not selling, then you're asking too much. Simple as that.

Parting it out may gain you more money, but are you willing to
deal with the aggravation of pic taking, tons of emails and phone calls, boxing, mailing, running back and forth to UPS, etc, etc. Would drive me crazy.

coz
01-13-2015, 04:49 PM
Plus, it's the off season for a large portion of the country. Worst possible time to sell a bike.
the more stock it is , the better. No offense, but I would never buy a spyder with that wrap on it unless it was dirt cheap. Just giving you my honest opinion. Good luck with it.:thumbup: I could not imagine parting out my bike as a way of selling it. I would just keep it forever.

Tazzel
01-13-2015, 04:55 PM
Spyders are hard to sell. I purchased mine new in 2012 for 17,900 out the door but within 4 months I had I financial emergency. Had my stock RS SE5 up for sell for 6 months as well with not even a bite. I had it on Craigslist from Feb to July had to keep lowering the price and in July I had it as low as 11k. It was very shocking to say the least. My Financial situation turned around and I was able to keep the spyder and it gives my great enjoyment so I am glad things worked out.

Another option is to take it to a dealership that will take it on consignment.

Seadog1
01-13-2015, 09:40 PM
I have a thread just on this issue. I find most sellers are unrealistic as to their asking prices compared to new. Not suggested manufactures price but what an actual 2014 brings.

rider2554
01-13-2015, 10:51 PM
Questions: why are you selling?? is there anything wrong with the bike?? are you asking more than it's value??? what model and year??? have you thought about carrying back some of the selling price? just wondering.
THE BIG F

Yeah, figured I would get some reaction from some of the conservative crowd out there on the wrap job. That can be removed in a matter of minutes for those that don't know that. The reason I'm selling it is to help finance a new business venture. I have way too many toys and this is the one I originally bought on an impulse buy because I wanted to try something different. There's nothing wrong with the bike, in fact, it runs better than when it was new. I bought it with 587 miles on it and has just over 12,000 on it now. In my opinion, I think that's low mileage for a 2008 SE5. And some say I'm asking too much. I'm only asking $7500.00 for it. I think that is almost giving it away. I do have to agree with one person about the hassle of parting it out and dealing with the shipping crap and such. Guess I'll just wait till spring and dump it for what I can get for it. I'm going to stick with my Harley's. And by the way, I do have a clear title on it in hand. I feel if you have to finance a loan for your toys, then you can't afford them.

flaggerphil
01-14-2015, 02:12 AM
I think it's 90% the wrap, pure and simple. Take that off and I think your chances will jump on getting it sold. To the vast majority of people out there I'd bet it's a huge turnoff.

Spyda98
01-14-2015, 09:55 AM
Never sold a spyder (just purchased mine new in September of 2014), but have sold a lot of other 2 wheeled bikes. In my experience, if you have a lot of costume work done, it my be easier to get closer to your asking price by taking the bike back to stock and selling it a fair price. Then sell the extra items separately. I have done this to 2 M109's that I had, and it worked out great. On each one, I offered the extras, along with the bike for about 40% of the cost. After they didn't want to meet me on the price, I removed them and got a fair price for the bike, and about 60% of the cost on the extras. Hope it helps.

Definitely agreed. I recently purchased a RSS I and was looking for it to be as much stock as possible. The only visual mod on my bike was some daylight running LEDs and I was going to do that myself.

You have to remember that the prospective buyer wants to start from a blank canvas to do their own mods. Also as daveinva stated be very detailed is your ad...state if the title is clean, maintenance records, etc.

Good Luck on the sale!

ARtraveler
01-14-2015, 02:53 PM
Yeah, figured I would get some reaction from some of the conservative crowd out there on the wrap job. That can be removed in a matter of minutes for those that don't know that. The reason I'm selling it is to help finance a new business venture. I have way too many toys and this is the one I originally bought on an impulse buy because I wanted to try something different. There's nothing wrong with the bike, in fact, it runs better than when it was new. I bought it with 587 miles on it and has just over 12,000 on it now. In my opinion, I think that's low mileage for a 2008 SE5. And some say I'm asking too much. I'm only asking $7500.00 for it. I think that is almost giving it away. I do have to agree with one person about the hassle of parting it out and dealing with the shipping crap and such. Guess I'll just wait till spring and dump it for what I can get for it. I'm going to stick with my Harley's. And by the way, I do have a clear title on it in hand. I feel if you have to finance a loan for your toys, then you can't afford them.

Your price is right on and the mileage is low. Both should aid you in the selling of the :ani29:. I think it might be the wrap that is holding it back.

rider2554
01-15-2015, 01:27 AM
Your price is right on and the mileage is low. Both should aid you in the selling of the :ani29:. I think it might be the wrap that is holding it back.

For all the replies I've had on my thread, there has been a lot of negative reaction to the skull and bones wrap. That's ok, I respect other peoples thoughts about it. What's so odd about it though, is that where ever I go, that is the one thing about the bike that other people like the most. I've had many comments on how they like how the wrap has a theme about it and not just a bunch of colors like most wraps have. Are the demographics of where we live here in the U.S. make that much of a difference on how we think or could it be more of an age factor of the persons likes and dislikes? Yes, I've has some of the very older generation not like it. Hope I never think like that when I get that old, but then again, I'm still riding Harley's for over 45 yrs.

mike5511
01-15-2015, 03:45 AM
I don't own a Spyder, but I'm looking. In all the research I've done and reviews I've read, the fact that the Spyder doesn't have very good resale value keeps popping up. I don't have a answer for that, just noticed it and then when I read this thread I thought it tied in good.

PrairieSpyder
01-15-2015, 08:37 AM
For all the replies I've had on my thread, there has been a lot of negative reaction to the skull and bones wrap. That's ok, I respect other peoples thoughts about it. What's so odd about it though, is that where ever I go, that is the one thing about the bike that other people like the most. I've had many comments on how they like how the wrap has a theme about it and not just a bunch of colors like most wraps have. Are the demographics of where we live here in the U.S. make that much of a difference on how we think or could it be more of an age factor of the persons likes and dislikes? Yes, I've has some of the very older generation not like it. Hope I never think like that when I get that old, but then again, I'm still riding Harley's for over 45 yrs.

I don't think the comments about the wrap are "negative reaction". You asked for comments on why it's not selling. I don't doubt you get a lot of positive comments on the graphics. Yet you can't sell it! Would you rather be right or sell your Spyder?

MikeinGA
01-15-2015, 10:19 AM
Yea, It's a poor market for used Spyders. I herd on different websites when people bought a used Spyder that warranty had run out and they had to put out thousands of dollars in repairs and maintenance that were not done. I kept the farkles to a minimal investment and in 2016 when my warranty runs out, I'll run it till it breaks sell the parts or as a parts bike. This why there called fun toys. The Spyder is about $ 25,000 investment, so if you have it for 5 years that's $5,000 a year. A real nice vacation cost that much and now you have a lawn ornament. That's IMHO.

Mike

daveinva
01-15-2015, 01:41 PM
Yeah, the resale value is :cus: on Spyders for a number of reasons, some to be expected, others not so much:

1. New product without much of a sales history. This is an unavoidable drag, and it will be for many years to come-- Spyders ain't Harleys or Beemers. Just ask Hyundai how long it took them to even be discussed in the same conversation as other car manufacturers-- reputations take a long, LONG time to build.

2. Lack of a robust dealer network, inability to get service outside of BRP-approved facilities, and often expensive service to boot. Gearheads can wrench most bikes

3. Fairly or not, a reputation for being technologically finicky, if not outright unreliable (and for the older models, fiery :shocked:)

4. A manufacturer that does everything it can to move new Spyders, including cutting prices so deeply that it just kills the used marketplace. After all, if you've got the cash to spend, why buy used when for a few dollars more you can have the peace of mind that comes with a new, fully-warrantied Spyder that *you* picked out yourself?

Anyway, I admit that I never even thought of re-sale value when I bought my RS, I knew that I was paying for the joy of ownership, not making any kind of equity investment; I've amortized my fun over the years I've owned the bike. :thumbup:

Still, I too think of the day when I will sell it in order to buy something next, and given the experiences of many Spyderlovers, I can't escape the thought that it will be just way too much of a hassle to list and sell it on my own, and even then, most likely at a significant loss to what the book thinks I should get. If I'm going to lose a lot of money on it either way, might as well go the convenience route and trade it in for a new bike.

One thing I am resolved to do with my next Spyder, however, is to leave it as bone stock OEM as possible, or at least make no modification I can't VERY easily swap out. Gone are my days of cutting bars, removing airboxes, installing fuel controllers, etc. It was all fun for my RS, but the payoff wasn't worth the hassle, especially now that there are OEM solutions for nearly all the mods I made.

So, while the guy or gal who buys my RS one day in the far-flung future is going to get an AWESOMELY FUN AND RELIABLE machine, they sure as heck aren't getting anything close to stock-- and for that reason, I know I ain't getting anything close to the best price. :mad:

JerryB
01-15-2015, 02:06 PM
Hi rider2554,

Re: I think that's low mileage for a 2008 SE5. And some say I'm asking too much. I'm only asking $7500.00 for it.

In March of last year I bought a '08 SE5 with 4k miles, virtually perfect condition, all updates, all records, for $9600. IMO your pricing is OK.

1. I would not have even come to look at your Spyder with those graphics on it.

2. The windshield is not a deal breaker; I would need to see it in person.

3. The h-bar risers are a plus.

Just some personal thoughts to, hopefully, help in getting it sold.

The guy I bought mine from sent out an email with photos & price to all of the Spyder chapters on the west coast. The local chapter pres. knew I was looking for one & sent the email onto me. It worked.

Jerry Baumchen

bronzeflex42
01-15-2015, 02:16 PM
Yea, It's a poor market for used Spyders. I head on different websites when people bought a used Spyder that warranty had run out and they had to put out thousands of dollars in repairs and maintenance that were not done. I kept the farkles to a minimal investment and in 2016 when my warranty runs out, I'll run it till it breaks sell the parts or as a parts bike. This why there called fun toys. The Spyder is about $ 25,000 investment, so if you have it for 5 years that's $5,000 a year. A real nice vacation cost that much and now you have a lawn ornament. That's IMHO.

Mike
Yeah you do invest a lot of money in these bikes. I didn't invest $25,000 in mine, to high a price for me. I bought mine used, but got a warranty until 2017 and i'm like mike i'll run it til it falls apart hopefully it will last a long long time. I don't care to much for the wraps, but to each is on. I buy a bike for fun, and longevity, especially when you spend that kind of money for these toys. It took me a long time to sell my Honda and you know they have a good reputation for dependability. I didn't go to far with farkling it but just a couple of things, but someone finally came along and wanted it. I hope my bike don't become a lawn ornament. :hun:

rider2554
01-16-2015, 12:24 AM
I don't own a Spyder, but I'm looking. In all the research I've done and reviews I've read, the fact that the Spyder doesn't have very good resale value keeps popping up. I don't have a answer for that, just noticed it and then when I read this thread I thought it tied in good.

Yes, when I first bought my Spyder, I thought the bike might have a decent resale value when I decided to sell it. I did buy it right though, I only paid $10,000 cash for it with 587 miles on it in 2010, and rode it home from Las Vegas to Spokane, Wa. in the middle of February. Did get a little cold esp. when I got into the high desert of Utah and Idaho. What I can't understand is that Nada has the average retail listed at $11,235 and low retail at $8536. They don't live in the real world, do they? After owning the Spyder for awhile and reading thread after thread of all the electrical issues some have been having, I think I actually have one of the good ones that the factory and dealer put together. I've never had any issues, limp modes, or anything with mine. Even my tires look brand new after 12,000 miles. Have done all my own oil changes (Royal Purple), filters at 3000 miles like clock work. Custom built my own back rest and luggage rack because of what some people have gone thru with the factory one. Got rid of the lousy air box and designed my own air filter sytem with a oil catch can for the blow by. I see someone on here has somewhat copied my design for resale. Only don't buy the Napa filter for it. Use the Onan filter (is the same dimensions as the Napa), It's one third the cost and is a better filter. If you need more info on that, get back with me. Added a juice box using Lamont's settings(which are dead on), Installed an air fuel ratio gauge with wide band O2 sensor that's showing around 14.0-14.4. Perfect for this motor because ideal is around 14.7. At these settings, I'm still able to get around 35 mpg. I'm happy with the Spyder, it's just if I keep getting more toys, I'll need to start buying more acreage to store it all.

mike5511
01-22-2015, 02:32 PM
Yes, when I first bought my Spyder, I thought the bike might have a decent resale value when I decided to sell it. I did buy it right though, I only paid $10,000 cash for it with 587 miles on it in 2010, and rode it home from Las Vegas to Spokane, Wa. in the middle of February. Did get a little cold esp. when I got into the high desert of Utah and Idaho. What I can't understand is that Nada has the average retail listed at $11,235 and low retail at $8536. They don't live in the real world, do they? After owning the Spyder for awhile and reading thread after thread of all the electrical issues some have been having, I think I actually have one of the good ones that the factory and dealer put together. I've never had any issues, limp modes, or anything with mine. Even my tires look brand new after 12,000 miles. Have done all my own oil changes (Royal Purple), filters at 3000 miles like clock work. Custom built my own back rest and luggage rack because of what some people have gone thru with the factory one. Got rid of the lousy air box and designed my own air filter sytem with a oil catch can for the blow by. I see someone on here has somewhat copied my design for resale. Only don't buy the Napa filter for it. Use the Onan filter (is the same dimensions as the Napa), It's one third the cost and is a better filter. If you need more info on that, get back with me. Added a juice box using Lamont's settings(which are dead on), Installed an air fuel ratio gauge with wide band O2 sensor that's showing around 14.0-14.4. Perfect for this motor because ideal is around 14.7. At these settings, I'm still able to get around 35 mpg. I'm happy with the Spyder, it's just if I keep getting more toys, I'll need to start buying more acreage to store it all.

By "juice box" you mean some kind of piggyback device for the ECM that richens things up a bit? What brand? I would assume spyders come with a narrow band O2 sensor and you replaced that with the wide band?

JMT
01-22-2015, 04:00 PM

Mike,
I also live in NW Arkansas and have a beautiful, low mileage, completely stock 2012 RT-SE5 for sale. If you're interested, reach me at johnmterrell@gmail.com

Dragonrider
01-22-2015, 04:13 PM
I sold my RS is less than a day. I stopped by the local Hardley dealer, and talked to a couple looking at a Triglide - we were just chatting, and they asked where they could buy one = hmmm, I tossed out a price, and they bought it the next day.

Right place & right time. However, while I had a ton of farkles on the bike, it had no graphics.

latony007
01-22-2015, 04:32 PM
i agree with everyone, the price is not bad, i just paid 7000 even for an 08 premier with 17k and think that was a good deal (at least here in so cal) definitely pull the graphics off asap. Repost with new pictures, id do something with the windsheild too. Also defintely use cycletrader i sold my last bike off there and am selling one on there now (suzuki C50)
Spring/Summer will also greatly increase your chances of selling, we sell all year here but most of the country is drowning in snow and not insterested in bikes right now. Forget about parting it out IMO

Spyder Tony
01-22-2015, 05:17 PM

From one '08 GS owner with skulls to another '08 GS owner with skulls...I get nothing but compliments on my paint job. It is a bit dark for some (windshield painted with grim reaper beheading an angel), but it is exactly why I bought it. I find your asking price fair and lhe miles way low for an '08 (I have over 50k on mine), but the style of your wrap WILL appeal to the right person. Funny thing is I hear others saying the wrap is scaring off prospective owners...but anyone who has seen a wrap on anything knows it will come off real easy, so I personally don't think it's the wrap. I bought my Spyder out of Missouri (because the price was right) and had it shipped to me in Cali. I paid just under a Grand for shipping...but it was still cheaper than the prices of the Spyders here on the west coast. I believe that is because the riding season is so much longer here on the West Coast. In any case, the previous owner threw in a TON of gear (Full Can Am jackets helmets and gloves for 3...man woman & child) as well as farkles galore on the bike. I generally buy my vehicles to keep, so resale is not of consequence...but I have noticed that many Spyder owners have a disconnect with what THEY think their Spyder is worth and what the general public does. I have seen several Spyders priced within a thousand or 2 of a brand new Spyder. I always find myself asking why I would buy a used one priced so high when I could but a few more thousand together and get a brand new one with a full warranty. This is all just in my humblest of opinions, of course.

Here is the Skull paint job on my Spyder:

http://youtu.be/sgIboHAavAU

Ben Burped
01-22-2015, 05:32 PM
While the graphics made the bike "yours" , consider that now that you want it to be someone else's, that they not have the same taste in art that you do. Also consider that many of us have conservative wives (or husbands) that would use the graphics as a "reason" for them to say "no". The price seems fair. Don't loose heart.

NorCalBud
01-22-2015, 05:57 PM
Unfortunately custom is just that... Customized to the owner's taste... I think most people want to add their own flavor to make it theirs. This one is complete. The grafix on your Spyder is Wicked Awesome!!! But you might be limiting your audience.

Rockwall
01-22-2015, 07:32 PM
I think your wrap and mods look great! Unfortunately selling any vehicle with a lot of mods is very tough. I tried to sell a truck with a lift, over sized tires, bull bar, etc. and the dealer told me if would take a major hit. It couldn't cost that much to remove the wrap, windshield, sissy bar, etc. I kept all of my old parts in case I need to bring it back to stock someday. Good luck!:doorag:

Marker
01-22-2015, 07:48 PM
I would take the wrap off. Put all the OEM parts back on. You can sell off the farkles to help you offset any negotiations on the price of the spyder.

latony007
01-22-2015, 08:10 PM
From one '08 GS owner with skulls to another '08 GS owner with skulls...I get nothing but compliments on my paint job. It is a bit dark for some (windshield painted with grim reaper beheading an angel), but it is exactly why I bought it. I find your asking price fair and lhe miles way low for an '08 (I have over 50k on mine), but the style of your wrap WILL appeal to the right person. Funny thing is I hear others saying the wrap is scaring off prospective owners...but anyone who has seen a wrap on anything knows it will come off real easy, so I personally don't think it's the wrap. I bought my Spyder out of Missouri (because the price was right) and had it shipped to me in Cali. I paid just under a Grand for shipping...but it was still cheaper than the prices of the Spyders here on the west coast. I believe that is because the riding season is so much longer here on the West Coast. In any case, the previous owner threw in a TON of gear (Full Can Am jackets helmets and gloves for 3...man woman & child) as well as farkles galore on the bike. I generally buy my vehicles to keep, so resale is not of consequence...but I have noticed that many Spyder owners have a disconnect with what THEY think their Spyder is worth and what the general public does. I have seen several Spyders priced within a thousand or 2 of a brand new Spyder. I always find myself asking why I would buy a used one priced so high when I could but a few more thousand together and get a brand new one with a full warranty. This is all just in my humblest of opinions, of course.

Here is the Skull paint job on my Spyder:

http://youtu.be/sgIboHAavAU

This man speaks the truth in regards to prices and is also named Tony so must be right lol. I do not get the prices of used spyders i see and is why it took me so long to find one. 11 to 13 for a used one with 20k miles on it etc? Thats crazy, my brother got almost 5 off his new RT so i think getting 3 off a new RS would not be that hard, and if its within a grand or two at this price it makes no sense to get a used one. He is also right they cost more here it seems like, plus we have to pay the fricken tax on it even though its already been taxed when it was bought new.

However i think he is biased on the skull comments lol, a lot of people would probably think its airbrushed or not removable. Maybe he included that in his listing i dont know but if not he certainly should.

109spyder
07-28-2015, 04:58 AM
What if the owner wants skulls? I say leave it on there and just specify in your advert it is easy to remove if you dont like it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wyliec
07-28-2015, 05:58 AM
What if the owner wants skulls? I say leave it on there and just specify in your advert it is easy to remove if you dont like it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The last post on here before yours was 6 months ago. He removed the wrap, and nothing from him/her since.

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?77400-08-GS-SE5-for-sale&p=934419&viewfull=1#post934419

nightshift357
07-29-2015, 08:43 AM
I sold my 2014 can am sts to cycle max.did not try to make any money,just to help off set the price of my new 2015 rt.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk