PDA

View Full Version : Spyder Dealer

Jim's_Spyder
01-12-2015, 01:38 PM
I live in Ohio and bought a used 2013 RT Spyder in September 2014 from an individual seller. My wife and I looked at new Spyders at several dealers in the Dayton area and none of them would work with us on price on a new one. All of them were at full list price and all of them low balled me on my trade in. My wife and I are both USAF and are from the Southern Illinois area. Anyway we were back in IL last month and I bought a local newspaper called the Southern Illinois Trader.
They had an add for Holzhauer ProMotorsports all of their bikes were listed for $3-5K under what the local dealers are asking for the same Spyders.
I can't attest to buying from them or how they conduct business, but they had a huge ad with every bike in the ad thousands of dollars cheaper than the 3 dealers we went to here in Ohio. I took the ad from the paper and showed it to the salesman at the dealership I deal with and the salesman couldn't believe the difference in price.
The online sight doesn't reflect the prices on their hard copy adds in the printed paper. On their website they have the exact same price as the local dealers on the same bikes.
So I called them today and he said that Can-Am requires them to show MSRP on the website, but all their Spyders are always on sale for less than MSRP. If you are willing to drive or fly in to pick up a bike they may be worth looking into. The salesman quoted me $3249 off the websites price on a Spyder RT. The dealership is 25 or so miles from Saint Louis, Mo.
I don't have any friends or relatives working there, I just hate paying list price on anything.
http://www.holzhauerpromotorsports.com/showcaseproductslist.htm?Brand=98&Type=4098
http://www.holzhauers.com/
http://www.sitraders.com/classifieds/

Bigtow
01-12-2015, 01:50 PM
Did you try Pitbull.....?

DLewis
01-12-2015, 01:54 PM
Thanks Jim. Although I'm a ways off from them, I requested a quote.:pray:

Jim's_Spyder
01-12-2015, 01:57 PM
Thanks Jim. Although I'm a ways off from them, I requested a quote.:pray:The guy I spoke with was Morgan. Let me know what you find out. I'd like to see if their ad was as good and it looked.

BLUEKNIGHT911
01-12-2015, 02:09 PM
I live in Ohio and bought a used 2013 RT Spyder in September 2014 from an individual seller. My wife and I looked at new Spyders at several dealers in the Dayton area and none of them would work with us on price on a new one. All of them were at full list price and all of them low balled me on my trade in. My wife and I are both USAF and are from the Southern Illinois area. Anyway we were back in IL last month and I bought a local newspaper called the Southern Illinois Trader.
They had an add for Holzhauer ProMotorsports all of their bikes were listed for $3-5K under what the local dealers are asking for the same Spyders.
I can't attest to buying from them or how they conduct business, but they had a huge ad with every bike in the ad thousands of dollars cheaper than the 3 dealers we went to here in Ohio. I took the ad from the paper and showed it to the salesman at the dealership I deal with and the salesman couldn't believe the difference in price.
The online sight doesn't reflect the prices on their hard copy adds in the printed paper. On their website they have the exact same price as the local dealers on the same bikes.
So I called them today and he said that Can-Am requires them to show MSRP on the website, but all their Spyders are always on sale for less than MSRP. If you are willing to drive or fly in to pick up a bike they may be worth looking into. The salesman quoted me $3249 off the websites price on a Spyder RT. The dealership is 25 or so miles from Saint Louis, Mo.
I don't have any friends or relatives working there, I just hate paying list price on anything.
http://www.holzhauerpromotorsports.com/showcaseproductslist.htm?Brand=98&Type=4098
:agree:....I was fortunate enough to be sent to them by another Spyderlover ( Gary ? ) anyway I flew in to St Louis , they sent a car 50 miles to pick me up , my Spyder was ready , and I paid approx, $ 4000 less than M.S.R.P. out the door . You are correct about what they will be able to say over the phone .....I told them what I was going to pay and they agreed to it.......I sent them a refundable deposit . I arrived with a cashier's check for the balance ....and drove away smiling .......PS , just North of the Dealership is a BBQ :bbq:shack with BRISKET to die for :yes::yes::yes:.........and I LOVE BBQ Brisket.......Mike :thumbup:

Jim's_Spyder
01-12-2015, 03:58 PM
:agree:....I was fortunate enough to be sent to them by another Spyderlover ( Gary ? ) anyway I flew in to St Louis , they sent a car 50 miles to pick me up , my Spyder was ready , and I paid approx, $ 4000 less than M.S.R.P. out the door . You are correct about what they will be able to say over the phone .....I told them what I was going to pay and they agreed to it.......I sent them a refundable deposit . I arrived with a cashier's check for the balance ....and drove away smiling .......PS , just North of the Dealership is a BBQ :bbq:shack with BRISKET to die for :yes::yes::yes:.........and I LOVE BBQ Brisket.......Mike :thumbup:
I'm glad to hear that did you right on buying one. I just happened to see the ad in the SI Trader and wondered if it was too go to be true. I would have bought new because we couldn't find a used Spyder that I thought was a good buy and what we wanted. So we had about given up on buying one used and were about to pull the trigger on a new one when I found ours. I just didn't like dealing with people that offered me $500-800 for my 4 wheeler that blue booked for $1200. Then on top of that they wanted full retail on a new/year old bike and wouldn't budge a penny on the price.

MikeT
01-12-2015, 04:54 PM
All of them low balled me on my trade in.
Based on my experience, trade-ins muddy the waters. Spyder Dealers are not trade-in friendly. Your reality has been my story of the past 9 months with a half a dozen dealers both in-state and out of state. I hate to travel 3-5 hours one way thinking I'm paying one price, to get hit with a different reality via creative math.
Good Luck. Keep us informed on how your search goes.

Jim's_Spyder
01-12-2015, 04:57 PM
Based on my experience, trade-ins muddy the waters. Spyder Dealers are not trade-in friendly. Your reality has been my story of the past 9 months with a half a dozen dealers both in-state and out of state. I hate to travel 3-5 hours one way thinking I'm paying one price, to get hit with a different reality via creative math.
Good Luck. Keep us informed on how your search goes.
I bought a used 2013 RT Spyder in September 2014 from an individual seller.

iMotorsports
01-12-2015, 08:49 PM
Spyder does have a MAP policy which does not allow you to advertise current models below MSRP.. But we would like to think that we will beat any printed price or price you get in writing!

We also have FREE shipping or FREE flight vouchers if you would like to ride home from Chicago :yikes:

Haider

Haider@imotorsportsinc.com

www.imotorsportsinc.com

OH and we are VERY trade in friendly

den1953
01-12-2015, 09:51 PM
They're in Findlay Ohio right by I-75 at the County Rd. 99 exit. They have leftover 2014 RTs, RTSs, and an RT Limited. I know the RTS SM6 is $22,000, RTS SE6 is going for $23,500 and the RT Limited is at $26,000. Not sure if they'd be any better trade-in wise but they do have Spyders marked down well below MSRP. I like their service department and I have bought bought 3 different motorcycles from them since 2003 and they have treated me well.

robmorg
01-13-2015, 01:21 AM
I bought a used 2013 RT Spyder in September 2014 from an individual seller. Then why are you still shopping? I'm confused. http://robmorgan.net/img-sm/free-confused-smileys-718.gif

Jim's_Spyder
01-13-2015, 07:57 AM
Then why are you still shopping? I'm confused. http://robmorgan.net/img-sm/free-confused-smileys-718.gif
I think if read my very first post and think about what was written you will get a better understanding. The jist of the story is I looked for a Spyder for two years.
I bought a USED one because the local dealers low balled me on my trade in and all asked the full retail price.
I was on vacation and saw an ad for a dealer near my hometown that listed their Spyders $3-5K under MSRP after I bought my used one.
I wanted to pass on the name and pricing to someone who may be like minded.
Someone that wanted to buy a Spyder below full MSRP that wanted to buy new but wanted to save $3-5 dollars over full MSRP.
If I had found this dealer prior to buy mine in September 2014 they would have sold me a Spyder based on a selling price of $3-5 less than the dealers in my area would.
The three local dealers all low balled me on my trade in offering about 1/2 of KBB trade in value.
I'm not sure I can break this down any further. Someone that is willing to buy a plane ticket or drive/ride to save $3-5K over their local dealer may want to know this information.

robmorg
01-13-2015, 06:06 PM
OK, I see what you are saying. While some dealers (especially very large ones) have different sales strategies, buying a new Spyder is not like buying a new car. Most dealers tend to want full MSRP (or close to it) from the introduction of a new model year into the next September. Then there have typically been factory discounts from BRP, plus dealers are more ready to discount, at the end of the "riding season" in most states. The discounts typically grow over the winter months until the current year stock is depleted. Then the cycle begins all over again in the Spring (no discounts), when the dealers are taking delivery of the new model year bikes. That's likely the phenomenon you were observing.

This is true of most motorcycle dealers - not just Can Am dealers. Same with offering low trade values. There is typically not a huge dealer mark-up on motorcycles, which limits the dealers ability to offer nice trade incentives. Also, depending on the bike, it may be difficult for a small dealer to resell a used bike, and it's expensive for them to carry used (or new) bikes on their inventory from one season to the next. Therefore, you are often better off financially selling a used motorcycle privately than trading it in (although doing that does have it's potential downsides as well).

MikeinGA
01-14-2015, 03:25 AM

It sounds like those Dealers are price fixing. If you do buy somewhere else they may not work on it or service your Spyder.
Mike

blacklightning
01-14-2015, 09:00 AM
As it has been stated in several post, new spyders (2014's) have been discounted largely since september. I bought my new 2014 rt for less than I found any 2013 or 2012 models used. I always by used when possible, but at $5000 savings, and 4 year warrenty, it was a no brainer.

Jim's_Spyder
01-14-2015, 04:38 PM
As it has been stated in several post, new spyders (2014's) have been discounted largely since september. I bought my new 2014 rt for less than I found any 2013 or 2012 models used. I always by used when possible, but at $5000 savings, and 4 year warrenty, it was a no brainer.
As I stated this dealership sells its bikes $3-5K under MSRP all the time. This isn't a end of year or closeout special.