PDA

View Full Version : Warranty for handle bar risers?

markusj
10-31-2008, 08:24 AM
Anyone know if the 4" risers void the warranty on the Spyder?
Thanks, Mark

SpyderDog65
10-31-2008, 09:35 AM
Thanks, Mark
nope they shouldnt :)

Lamonster
10-31-2008, 09:36 AM
Nope, only the 3" :joke:

SpydeeBite2
10-31-2008, 09:58 AM
Nope, only the 3" :joke:

Why would the 3' void the warranty but not the 4'?

Magic Man
10-31-2008, 09:58 AM
Thanks, Mark

Yes they will! :yikes:

But only on the actual handle bar piece itself. ;)

We now have over 25 Can-Am dealers buying, reselling and installing these risers for their customers. :2thumbs:

The law clearly states that a manufacture has to prove how an aftermarket part directly caused the failure they are trying to deny coverage for. Just having an aftermarket part on your bike is not grounds for warranty denial unless it can be proved it caused the problem you are having.

In this case because you cut the stock bars, only the actual handle bar itself would no longer be a covered part. But, this is quite obvious and would stand to reason, andI sure most of you already figured that out on your own. :thumbup:

MM

Magic Man
10-31-2008, 10:30 AM
Why would the 3' void the warranty but not the 4'?

Did you not see the :joke: (just joking) symbol Lamonster used after saying that?

See the above post I made to understand how this all works. :thumbup:

MM

GA-SPYDER
10-31-2008, 10:52 AM
Hey Evan,
Maybe just a little bit of a "thread jack", but, got my 4" risers last week,put them on last Friday night, and then rode over 500 miles on Saturday.
:2thumbs::2thumbs: Fantastic change!! Rode up in the north GA mountains. Rode it hard (up on two wheels a couple of times).
Great product:congrats:

markusj
10-31-2008, 01:08 PM
Can't wait to get my risers then, Magic Man. Ordered them last night.
:doorag::2excited:

Magic Man
10-31-2008, 01:28 PM
Hey Evan,
Maybe just a little bit of a "thread jack", but, got my 4" risers last week,put them on last Friday night, and then rode over 500 miles on Saturday.
:2thumbs::2thumbs: Fantastic change!! Rode up in the north GA mountains. Rode it hard (up on two wheels a couple of times).
Great product:congrats:

Thanks for the feedback and kind words! :thumbup:

MM