PDA

View Full Version : I polished my Spyder today.

Dan_Ashley
01-08-2015, 06:09 PM
I polished my RT today. I took off all the tubberware, disassembled the frunk, and the trunk. Washed each piece in water and dish soap, then I waxed each piece with classic glaze wax, I then reassembled the whole thing and polished the whole thing again with Plexus. I used tire wet on the tires--by spraying it onto a sponge first.

one thing I found was surprising: there were bug splatters on the back side of the windshield.. How does that happen? Are bugs flying so much faster than I am going on the super slab that the bugs impale themselves on the back of the windshield? What? How does this happen?

ARtraveler
01-08-2015, 06:22 PM
I still have "polish the :spyder2:'s" in my To Do box.

Ditto: on the bug splatters on the inside of the windshield. I don't think I go that fast in reverse. :yikes:

Chupaca
01-08-2015, 06:38 PM
you did all that and you send no picture..?? :lecturef_smilie::gaah:

I think it like backdraft...but better than picking them outta your teeth...:roflblack:

Orange Spyder Man
01-08-2015, 07:00 PM
that's those super-sonic bugs that like to race with Can Am spyders... and I heard their brakes don't have ABS... :roflblack:

osm

vondalyn
01-08-2015, 07:50 PM
I still have "polish the :spyder2:'s" in my To Do box.

Ditto: on the bug splatters on the inside of the windshield. I don't think I go that fast in reverse. :yikes:

I do!:D

coz
01-08-2015, 07:54 PM
i've never heard it called '' spyder '' before. :roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::roflblack::joke:

SpyderAnn01
01-08-2015, 07:55 PM
Dan, is this the first time you've found bugs on the backside of your windshield? I've got them every time I wash mine, the weirdest place I've found them is stuck to the wheels. Gross.

finless
01-08-2015, 08:33 PM
Dan, it's called backdraft and I use to get that all the time. Since adding the vented windshield and leave it 100% open, I have not had that problem. BUT road grim and exhaust smoke from cars still gets both side pretty damn dirty after 2-3 days on LA freeways.

Bob

ThreeWheels
01-08-2015, 08:54 PM
Damn,

If it rains, it's YOUR fault !!!!!

chuck58
01-08-2015, 09:33 PM
bugs are sneaky...

can-am sam
01-08-2015, 10:32 PM
I would not recommend using "dish soap" for washing your Spyder or vehicles. It will dull the finish. Be sure to use a "car wash" soap.

Dan_Ashley
01-08-2015, 10:44 PM
I would not recommend using "dish soap" for washing your Spyder or vehicles. It will dull the finish. Be sure to use a "car wash" soap.
Oh ok. I have about 30 coats of wax on it, so I'm really washing and waxing the wax! Thanks for the heads up though. I'll change my behavior.

finless
01-09-2015, 08:25 AM
I have been using Dawn dish soap since day one and have not had a problem at all. But I always wax it after washing it.

Bob

robmorg
01-09-2015, 04:41 PM
you did all that and you send no picture..?? :lecturef_smilie::gaah:

:agree:... and make sure it's a high-def picture. Can't wait to see the results of all that work. :thumbup:

ps.... If you do mine, I'll pay for a round trip bus ticket, and buy you a six pack for when you get thirsty from all that work, AND buy you dinner when you're done. http://robmorgan.net/img-sm/nod.gif

oldguyinTX
01-09-2015, 10:26 PM
I looked at my Spyder today. I opened the garage door so it could see the snow. Poor thing was so depressed I swear I could almost hear it crying. 100723