PDA

View Full Version : it's something when you remember something from years ago

cuznjohn
01-08-2015, 04:12 PM
i am a avid news watcher, so b4 i was watching a security adviser saying that companies need to start doing thing to protect themselves for things like what happened in France yesterday. one of the things he said was a safe room. that is when i remembered working in a building years ago in NYC, and the tenant was going to be the Israeli government. at the time i never gave it any thought but we never had the problems we have now with all the nuts in the world today.
every day we had to go through a security check when we got to work, all tool boxes and tool bins had to be checked. the front glass doors in the elevator lobby's were very thick bullet proof glass, there were security cameras every where. there was a room built like a bank vault but what i really didn't understand and they explained to me when i asked was the elevator lobby was lined with thick steel and only the elevator doors were cut out. the reason for the steel was in case someone came up in the elevator and threw a bomb or grenade into the lobby to cause damage. i was a apprentice at the time so we are talking over 40 years ago, and i am surprised i just remembered it. but don't ask me what i ate last night because i can't remember

Chupaca
01-08-2015, 04:28 PM
My grandfather asked the doctor why he could not remember yesterday but could remember all the good old days before. This doctor sat at an antique spanish desh with a lot of drawers and he pointed to it and said. This is your brain and here is where you store your memories (he pointed to the drawers) now your drawers are full so all your new memories sit on top of your desk and are swept away every day. From then on if you ever said "don't you remember" to my grandfather he would look at you and say "my drawers are full"...that was one great doctor..:thumbup:

The Isreali's have lived with this since birth, they know what to do and how to react..:shemademe_smilie: ask my wife she is from Isreal...

Bob Denman
01-08-2015, 05:53 PM
The memory is the second thing to go... :shocked:
I forgot what the first one was... :yikes:

ARtraveler
01-08-2015, 05:55 PM
Scary but it seems to be true.

I can remember what happened on day X of 1957. What was I doing just 5 minutes ago....that is another question...Oh--what was the question? :roflblack: