PDA

View Full Version : NEED SUGGESTIONS ON BLUETOOTH SYSTEM FOR 2012 RT SM5

Questions
01-07-2015, 10:43 AM
Hi everyone, may I have suggestions on purchasing a bluetooth system for my 2012 RT SM5 spyder that will include headsets for my wife and I , suggestions on the best GPS and I would like to be able to have my smartphone, new gps and headsets to all interface with the system. My local dealer said that the BRP dongle does not fit on a 2012.

Thanks curt

finless
01-07-2015, 10:50 AM
My local dealer said that the BRP dongle does not fit on a 2012.

Thanks curt

That is incorrect and your dealer does not know what they are talking about. The BRP BT system works on all RT's 2010-2015. The part number for the kit has not changed in all these years.

If you want to try and do it yourself and save money, order the Sena SM10 from Motorcycle Dave and make your own cable:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?54867-Sena-quot-stock-quot-SM10-wiring-to-the-BRP-radio-Make-your-own-Dongle!

Bob

Motorcycledave
01-07-2015, 07:37 PM
Thanks Bob for the plug for SENA... I run into the same info here all the time they don't seem to know
much about electronics...
Dave

That is incorrect and your dealer does not know what they are talking about. The BRP BT system works on all RT's 2010-2015. The part number for the kit has not changed in all these years.

If you want to try and do it yourself and save money, order the Sena SM10 from Motorcycle Dave and make your own cable:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?54867-Sena-quot-stock-quot-SM10-wiring-to-the-BRP-radio-Make-your-own-Dongle!

Bob

finless
01-07-2015, 08:14 PM
Your welcome Dave.

I have made about 50 cables for people now and to be honest, I wish some vender here would take this over as it's getting a little more than I wanted to deal with making them for free for people. I have parts for another 10 but after that I think I am going to quit doing it. Time is always a problem as a working man ;) If I was retired it would be no problem.

Bob

Questions
01-08-2015, 10:43 AM

Bob

Thank you for the info. I watched your you tube presentation and was very informative. I did find a dealer that verified that the Brp dongle does work with the 2012. I'm amazed there is such a knowledge gap between dealers. Will my cell phone and GPS work with this system hands free?

Highwayman2013
01-08-2015, 11:00 AM
Thank you for the info. I watched your you tube presentation and was very informative. I did find a dealer that verified that the Brp dongle does work with the 2012. I'm amazed there is such a knowledge gap between dealers. Will my cell phone and GPS work with this system hands free?
Yes

finless
01-08-2015, 08:44 PM

Yep should be no problem!

Bob

robmorg
01-09-2015, 12:43 AM
Your welcome Dave.

I have made about 50 cables for people now and to be honest, I wish some vender here would take this over as it's getting a little more than I wanted to deal with making them for free for people. I have parts for another 10 but after that I think I am going to quit doing it. Time is always a problem as a working man ;) If I was retired it would be no problem.

Bob
Dave,

Given what Bob just said above, let me add this... Bob's latest SM10 harness design for the Spyder is very professionally done, works well, and is fairly easy to install. If you could market these, I'll bet that it would boost your Sena sales as well. nojoke. IMO the BRP design is too cumbersome, too expensive, and a lot more difficult to install.