PDA

View Full Version : Newbie ordered F3-S

Kanasaki
01-05-2015, 02:54 PM
Hi Everyone
New to the board been looking at the spyder for a long time now; just have not made the jump from 2 wheels yet.... Went christmas shopping with my husband and placed an order for the F3-S SE6 - Steel Black Metallic . So excited!!!!! Now the waiting game begins.

PrairieSpyder
01-05-2015, 02:59 PM
Hi Everyone

New to the board been looking at the spyder for a long time now; just have not made the jump from 2 wheels yet.... Went christmas shopping with my husband and placed an order for the F3-S SE6 - Steel Black Metallic . So excited!!!!! Now the waiting game begins.

:welcome:

I can't wait to see your pics of your new ryde when you get it. I hope you'll consider coming to SpyderFest in April and meeting many us.

Kanasaki
01-05-2015, 03:12 PM
Not sure if we will be able to make SpyderFest in April but we will be going to Daytona for Bike Week. So looking forward to meeting everyone (sooner or later) and will definitely post pictures when it arrives J

Chupaca
01-05-2015, 03:18 PM
glad you jumped in and you will be pleased with your decission to ryde a spyder. Congrats and pic's when you get them...:2thumbs::clap::ohyea:

ARtraveler
01-05-2015, 03:20 PM
:welcome: and :congrats: on your new ride.

Based on a lot of SL experience with the ACE 1330 triple engine I am sure your are going to like the F3 configuration.

Would sure like to see some pictures once you bring it home. :yes:

vondalyn
01-05-2015, 05:23 PM
:congrats: and welcome!

Mike,P
01-05-2015, 06:09 PM
Welcome 😎

Dubld
01-05-2015, 06:14 PM
:congrats: :welcome: Looking forward to seeing some pics.

Bob Denman
01-05-2015, 06:16 PM
Just remember...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=uMyCa35_mOg

:congrats:

louigii
01-05-2015, 07:25 PM
Hi Everyone

Hi, I ordered mine back in November in Black with the Touring Escape Package. I can hardly wait to get mine also. Traded up from a 2012 RTS.

Lamonster
01-05-2015, 08:51 PM
You're going to love it. Lots of fun to drive. :doorag:

GunDoctor
01-05-2015, 11:04 PM
Yes you will love it. Were you able to test ride one? I ordered the exact same thing, but back in September, so needless to say I am tired of waiting. Home they start shipping soon. Congrats on your purchase.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

den1953
01-06-2015, 06:26 AM
It is January and it shouldn't be long before the F3 starts showing up in dealer showrooms. Pre-ordered ones should start going home with their owners as well. In the upcoming days & weeks we'll be seeing more & more of them. You people who pre-ordered will need to get busy taking pictures and videos so the rest of us can see what having an F3 is all about.

Kanasaki
01-06-2015, 11:29 AM
I am very excited !!! Husband is still not to sure about it as we both ride ZX-14's but I think he will warm up to it once it gets here.

You're going to love it. Lots of fun to drive. :doorag:

Lamonster
01-06-2015, 11:32 AM
I am very excited !!! Husband is still not to sure about it as we both ride ZX-14's but I think he will warm up to it once it gets here.

It ain't no ZX-14 but it's a different kind of fun. I'm use to 500hp+ bikes and yet I still get a kick out of the Spyder and especially the F3 :doorag:

Kanasaki
01-06-2015, 11:41 AM
Yes, we did get to test ride one and that was it for me. I was hooked. I liked the RT but I'm only 37 and going from a sport bike to the RT I just was not sure about but when the F3 came out I fell in love with the look and it had the 1330 :yes::yes::yes:

Yes you will love it. Were you able to test ride one? I ordered the exact same thing, but back in September, so needless to say I am tired of waiting. Home they start shipping soon. Congrats on your purchase.

GunDoctor
01-06-2015, 11:46 AM
I have been riding 2 wheels since I was 9, own a Harley for the past 14 years so to switch over was no big learning curve on the F 3. I don't care for the RT style or handling when you compare it to the F3. Test rode two months ago and still smiling. We are on the same page.

Kanasaki
01-06-2015, 11:58 AM
Glad you said that because that is the same thing I told him...lol

He currently races the Manufacturers Cup circuit so he is a speed freak. We have always had a stable of fast bikes and I will still be keeping the ZX-14. So I told him the F3 will for the down time when we're not at the drag strip.

It ain't no ZX-14 but it's a different kind of fun. I'm use to 500hp+ bikes and yet I still get a kick out of the Spyder and especially the F3 :doorag:

Lamonster
01-06-2015, 12:01 PM
I have been riding 2 wheels since I was 9, own a Harley for the past 14 years so to switch over was no big learning curve on the F 3. I don't care for the RT style or handling when you compare it to the F3. Test rode two months ago and still smiling. We are on the same page.

I've been riding my own bikes for 44 years now (wow I can't believe that) and I still love my two wheelers but the Spyder bit me in 2007 and I've been on them ever since. The RT can't be beat for touring but the F3 brings me back to my roots as far as feeling more like a motorcycle. For me it's the best of both worlds. :doorag:

Bob Denman
01-06-2015, 01:22 PM
:bowdown: 100639

I lost the REALLY great picture of the burnout with the Boss Hoss... :opps:

napper39
01-06-2015, 01:52 PM
after reading this i also need one now where to find the room and money yikes:yikes::clap:

GunDoctor
01-06-2015, 06:26 PM
Definitely some nice rides, napper.

GunDoctor
01-06-2015, 06:33 PM
Today is a great day to ride my F3S because it has been in the 80's the past two days...the only thing keeping me is I AM STILL WAITING FOR IT....$@&%

Bfromla
01-07-2015, 03:17 AM
100666100667caught the demo group at my local dealer today, fun test ride nice machine , find I'm pleasantly spoiled with my STL. Not impressed with the Eco mode setup, enjoy & g'luck

den1953
01-07-2015, 09:34 AM
Yeah Lamont, I'm on the same page having started in 1970 on a little Honda CL90. Fifteen bikes later and here I am. I've never experienced a 500 hp motorcycle but I had a Triumph Rocket III and know what a power cruiser is all about. I've survived a couple nasty motorcycle accidents and came out pretty much ok. Helmets do save lives!! I am anxiously awaiting both the arrival of Spring and the arrival of a new F3 at my dealer so I can demo one. I just had an arthroscopy done on my left knee last month and also getting synvisc injections in my right knee. The time is upon me to make a switch from two wheels to three or at the very least something smaller & lighter. Three wheels would solve it all once and for all though!! Hurry-up Spingtime!!

mike5511
01-08-2015, 03:08 AM
The F3 has this HD rider looking really hard at a switch!

bigwhammy
01-17-2015, 09:00 AM
I put a deposit on a f3s in October , never even sat on a spyder until I put the deposit on f3s.
still have not even heard a real spyder running.
I have secured f3s number plate just need the bike.
I will get the first registrable one in Australia.
what can I say order one now or die waiting for one in Australia or Europe.
mc rider since 1968, still have 3 bikes owned from new pre 1976 registered and ride them to keep the fuel fresh, day ride now a bmw. After that I did not get attached to any, like your first 3 wives.
Australians and Europe gets a bigger back sprocket so it is a wait and see game re ability to smoke up the back wheel, we just get better fuel economy.

OJ UK
01-17-2015, 07:25 PM
I put a deposit on a f3s in October , never even sat on a spyder until I put the deposit on f3s.
still have not even heard a real spyder running.
I have secured f3s number plate just need the bike.
I will get the first registrable one in Australia.
what can I say order one now or die waiting for one in Australia or Europe.
mc rider since 1968, still have 3 bikes owned from new pre 1976 registered and ride them to keep the fuel fresh, day ride now a bmw. After that I did not get attached to any, like your first 3 wives.
Australians and Europe gets a bigger back sprocket so it is a wait and see game re ability to smoke up the back wheel, we just get better fuel economy.

I'm still gonna get mine before you get yours, mate!
Great shame about SpyderMates eh? A very sad loss.

SPYD3R
01-17-2015, 07:32 PM
Hi Everyone

DITTO on the F3-S, mine is Silver/Black SE6.... suppose to be in around Jan. 26 - 28....
JOIN OUR MONTHLY SPYD3R GATHERING GROUP....
SPYD3R RIDERS from NC, SC & GA gather once each month for lunch and chit-chat... we met today in Hiawassee, GA... had a gr8 time as usual... join us, we'd love to have new faces show up....
Dan P
Easley, SC
SPYD3R

bigwhammy
01-18-2015, 04:48 PM
:cheers:
Yes very sad about SpyderMates. Maybe it will come back on line?
IF you get yours first at least one of us will be very happy!
Hope you had a nice NZ trip.

QUOTE=OJ UK;925076]I'm still gonna get mine before you get yours, mate!
Great shame about SpyderMates eh? A very sad loss.[/QUOTE]

Kanasaki
02-21-2015, 04:36 PM
It's here ! ! !

GunDoctor
02-21-2015, 05:37 PM
Nice...sure hope our second F3 comes next week....

chuck gross
02-21-2015, 10:35 PM
I love the black and chrome you are all set for some serious :spyder2: fun :thumbup:

one2doo
02-21-2015, 10:57 PM
Looks great!

BikerDoc
02-23-2015, 06:46 PM
It's here ! ! ! Sweet at least it looks worth my wait.. sure wish my accessories would show up with the bike....

Lamonster
02-23-2015, 07:01 PM
It's here ! ! !

You may have not been the first one to order one but it looks like you're the first one to get one. :congrats:

RPM
02-24-2015, 11:49 AM
It's here ! ! !

Congrats! That's a sharp looking bike! You'll love it!

Kanasaki
02-24-2015, 03:00 PM
Thank you everyone. It was definitely worth the wait. Made me feel like a kid at Christmas again. :yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Silvervette05
02-24-2015, 03:35 PM
Welcome

OJ UK
02-24-2015, 09:31 PM
It's here ! ! !

.....and isn't that just a thing of beauty!! :bowdown:

Oh! You're going to have to get used to all the envious looks and the
Rock 'n Roll lifestyle now!! Great fun!:thumbup: