PDA

View Full Version : Calsci Windshield

NoLmtz
01-05-2015, 02:46 PM
I'm about to pull the trigger on an XL, extra wide windshield for my ST (I'm 6'4"). Two questions:
1) any negatives to sway me to something else
2) any sponsors that sell these?

Thanks,
Jon

flamingobabe
01-05-2015, 03:22 PM
a positive note....I love my Calsci Ex wide Medium shield....I'm only 5 foot but love it

Saluda
01-05-2015, 09:03 PM
Purchased from Calsci itself.

chuck gross
01-05-2015, 09:27 PM
Mine has worked well for me I have the extra wide medium I am 5-10 and run with it all the way down most of the time gives great protection and I can see over the top nicely. The only draw back is my knuckles hit the sides of the windshield when at a full lock to lock turn mostly in a parking lot or other low speed tight manuever. way better than the stock windshield.

cptjam
01-05-2015, 09:42 PM
Had a Calsci. Worked great. Really like the F4 scratch proof I saw at Spyderfest. I believe they are a sponsor here.

chuck gross
01-05-2015, 10:19 PM
:agree: Joe the F4 makes a real nice windshield but they don't list any for the ST or RS or am I looking in the wrong place on their web site?

MikeinGA
01-05-2015, 10:20 PM
I have one, there a lot of better ones out there. It's starting to crack more, I hope it will last the winter. Then I will buy a better one for next winter. The Calsci Windshield I have doesn't like cold weather, you get what you pay for.

Mike

NoLmtz
01-06-2015, 11:14 PM
Thank you all for your responses. I had some trepidation and I followed my gut in doing some additional research. My main concern was the Impact Modified Acrylic vs Polycarbonate. While it's probably fine I decided not to chance a breakage due to an impact at 80+ mph. So I just ordered the Ultra Touring Windshield from BRP through my dealer.