PDA

View Full Version : Zuma 660 question

Gumbeau
01-05-2015, 02:03 PM
I ride a 2014 RTL. I installed a Sena SMH10r in my helmet. I use my zuma 660 with an iPhone to get turn by turn voice and in helmet phone access. My question is; is there a way to access my music from my iPhone to my helmet and maintain my existing functions? Any assistance would be appreciated

ursamajor35126
01-05-2015, 02:44 PM
I ride a 2014 RTL. I installed a Sena SMH10r in my helmet. I use my zuma 660 with an iPhone to get turn by turn voice and in helmet phone access. My question is; is there a way to access my music from my iPhone to my helmet and maintain my existing functions? Any assistance would be appreciated

I put a 64GB sim card in my 660 and loaded all my tunes onto it.... now I have GPS, phone and tunes all from one source linked to my Sena 20S. :yes:

Also have intercom to the wife and other bikes by bluetooth..:clap:

robmorg
01-05-2015, 02:56 PM
With my Sena SMH10 headset, I can do exactly what you want to do. I can pair it to the Zumo GPS, and my phone, and, at the same time also have it connected to one media (music) source. I usually have it connected to an SM10 Bluetooth dongle so I can listen to my iPod which is controlled by the Spyder's radio. However, if I turn off the bluetooth dongle, the headset will connect with my phone in "media mode" as well as "phone mode". That way I can listen to Pandora radio on the phone. Either way, the music works flawlessly with the phone and the GPS. :2thumbs:

Following the instructions in the SMH10 manual, I first paired it with my phone. Then I paired my SM10 Bluetooth dongle as a "second smartphone" (even though Sena customer service told me that wouldn't work), and lastly I paired the GPS using the "Multiple pairing" method described in the manual. With this pairing method I am able to listen to streaming music from my Android smartphone (like Pandora Radio), or music coming from the Spyder's entertainment system. Like I mentioned above, the headset can only handle one media (music) source at a time. The SM10 dongle seems to take priority, so if I want to stream music from my phone instead, I simply turn off the power switch on the SM10. Then re-connect my smartphone and headset via bluetooth.

Since you are not even using a bluetooth dongle, I would think that your SMH10R would also be able to connect to the phone in both "phone" and "media" modes and also to the GPS at the same time, if in fact it has media capability at all. However, not owning the "R" version of the SMH10 I'm not certain of that. If you cannot find information in your manual about connecting music, maybe someone who has one can tell you if it will handle music, or you could call Sena customer support for the answer.

If your SMH10R manual mentions a "Multiple pairing" procedure, I would try pairing the GPS using those instructions. First, I would "unpair" everything, and then try pairing with just your iPhone to see if you get both phone and music functions. If you do, you can then re-pair the GPS and everything should work. Before you do anything, first make sure that your headset has the latest firmware update from Sena.

Hope I have not confused you with this long explanation.

Highwayman2013
01-05-2015, 03:51 PM
This should help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ExqIxKWbGg Pretty much you pair your phone with the GPS then pair the headset with the gps.

Gumbeau
01-05-2015, 05:30 PM
This should help:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ExqIxKWbGg Pretty much you pair your phone with the GPS then pair the headset with the gps.

Can I directly replace the zumo 660, that came with my 2014 RTL, with a zumo 665LM?

thehawk
01-05-2015, 10:28 PM
I put a 64GB sim card in my 660 and loaded all my tunes onto it....

are you able to address the whole 64GB? I thought the limit was 8.

thehawk

Highwayman2013
01-05-2015, 10:40 PM
Can I directly replace the zumo 660, that came with my 2014 RTL, with a zumo 665LM?The 660 and 665 use the same mounts.

jaherbst
01-06-2015, 12:21 AM
The 660 and 665 use the same mounts.

Yes, but you will be accessing XM, traffic and WX via bluetooth directly from the 665. No dongle needed. Top of GPS cradle will need to be changed with 665 cradle top. Very easy to do. XM antennae XM40 will need to be purchased and plugged into the existing harness. If you do this PM me and I will walk you through it. I replaced my 660 that came with RT-L with a 665.

Jack

trikermutha
01-06-2015, 01:23 AM
yep took the 665 off my Harley and put it where the 660 was on the spyder...works fine..

Gumbeau
01-06-2015, 01:34 AM
yep took the 665 off my Harley and put it where the 660 was on the spyder...works fine..

Thanks everybody. I know why I love this forum. You guys are the best

ursamajor35126
01-06-2015, 07:41 PM
are you able to address the whole 64GB? I thought the limit was 8.

thehawk

Sorry I just checked... Was actually a 32 GB card and the whole thing is addressable..... I have 900 songs on the device and still have 27GB available.

Gumbeau
01-06-2015, 08:18 PM
Sorry I just checked... Was actually a 32 GB card and the whole thing is addressable..... I have 900 songs on the device and still have 27GB available.
Can you post the details of the card? Manufacturer, model etc. thanks

thehawk
01-06-2015, 09:25 PM

thanks!!

thehawk

ursamajor35126
01-06-2015, 09:30 PM
Can you post the details of the card? Manufacturer, model etc. thanks

This is the card: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00M55C0NS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1