PDA

View Full Version : Any one ridding

hognut
01-02-2015, 02:02 PM
in So OR?? I haven't seen any other spyders on my rides. I try and get in a couple of 100 milers a week as long as the snow/ice hold off.

Chupaca
01-02-2015, 02:05 PM
but don't stop ryding...:roflblack: check member list here for those that may be in your area. Non members abound as well.. From what I found there are 104 listed members running around your state...:thumbup:

ARtraveler
01-02-2015, 02:46 PM
Hang in there. :thumbup::thumbup:

alex97756
01-06-2015, 09:37 PM
I have been trying to get some riding in between the snow and ice storms here in Redmond Or

NU2Spyder
01-06-2015, 11:12 PM
Yep, rode the past three days and still loving it. Just saying...

Dragonrider
01-07-2015, 12:24 AM
Riding when the weather permits (stays in the garage when it's raining).. Mostly local, as we have a ton of nice hill roads around Canby - I can run Estacada to Detroit Lake to Sublimity then home in a nice 3-4 hour run...

Question tho:

I always try to avoid freeway travel, whenever I can - just too boring. So I'm looking at going from the Portland area, over to Bend, to K-Falls spend the night, then down toward Weed. It looks like I can avoid a stint on I5 by taking CH 12 to Harry Cash Rd to Lower Little Shasta Rd, into Montague, then HWY 3 to Yreka to HWY 283 to HWY 96 to HWY 299, then to Blue Lake. Have you been on that route? Good road? Fun??

The alternative seems to be going all the way to Weed, then North a bit on I5 to pick up Gazelle Callahan Rd, to HWY 3 to HWY 299, then on to Blue Lake - this one looks to be shorter, at about 6 hours. Have you been on this route??

These are planning stage SITR routes, so summer riding.. hot, rather than cold.

hognut
01-14-2015, 02:09 PM
Riding when the weather permits (stays in the garage when it's raining).. Mostly local, as we have a ton of nice hill roads around Canby - I can run Estacada to Detroit Lake to Sublimity then home in a nice 3-4 hour run...

Question tho:

I always try to avoid freeway travel, whenever I can - just too boring. So I'm looking at going from the Portland area, over to Bend, to K-Falls spend the night, then down toward Weed. It looks like I can avoid a stint on I5 by taking CH 12 to Harry Cash Rd to Lower Little Shasta Rd, into Montague, then HWY 3 to Yreka to HWY 283 to HWY 96 to HWY 299, then to Blue Lake. Have you been on that route? Good road? Fun??

The alternative seems to be going all the way to Weed, then North a bit on I5 to pick up Gazelle Callahan Rd, to HWY 3 to HWY 299, then on to Blue Lake - this one looks to be shorter, at about 6 hours. Have you been on this route??

These are planning stage SITR routes, so summer riding.. hot, rather than cold.

I have not been on those roads so can't give a 1st hand account. I did talk to a local biker yesterday and he said the following route from Klamath Falls to Yreka is a good ride. --- 97, W. Ball Mountain Rd, Harry Cash Rd, Lower Little Shasta Rd, (Montage) Montage Rd (3). I guess I will have to try this route if I can get away. Hope this helps. Gary C

Dragonrider
01-18-2015, 11:46 AM
Those of us up here can only plan to ride this time of year... It was 58F last night, but with 1/2" of rain... Up here that means steady all day and night rain, not an Eastern gully washer...

A destination is just that for me - it's the ride there and home that matters - in segments short enough to enjoy. The 600 miles a day stuff are for the boring bits, or better left to the folks in too much of a hurry to enjoy the trip.

BTW, that route does look good on Google Earth!

Dragonrider
01-22-2015, 11:02 AM
Nice day for January - 43F by early afternoon, so it was off to try out my new sway bar and spring stiffeners. Both worked well, leaving both the driver and RT smelling sweaty! Must say that I'm really looking forward to some consistently nice weather, and glad we haven't seen a flake of snow this year.

rob-airborne
01-22-2015, 11:15 AM
It looks like I am less than a weekend rider, I feel like the people that you only see at church once a year.
When it isn't snowing up here in Michigan I try to get my wife out with me. I had a stroke a few years ago
which took out the vision in my left eye. Bluebird is currently garaged behind my house. I have a 2012
left-over and drove her up to Michigan last year. I bought the RT-622 too.:chat:

hognut
01-22-2015, 12:19 PM
Those of us up here can only plan to ride this time of year... It was 58F last night, but with 1/2" of rain... Up here that means steady all day and night rain, not an Eastern gully washer...

A destination is just that for me - it's the ride there and home that matters - in segments short enough to enjoy. The 600 miles a day stuff are for the boring bits, or better left to the folks in too much of a hurry to enjoy the trip.

BTW, that route does look good on Google Earth!

I agree that it more the ride than the destination most of the time. I still do the Hwy5 grind to Hillsboro to see my daughter a few times a year, but prefer to set GPS to avoid Hwys and see the back roads. In my younger 2 wheel days I did a number of iron-butt and baby-butt rides. Perhaps I will see you at the redwoods run.

Dragonrider
01-22-2015, 12:57 PM
You are kind of stuck in Grants Pass - either over to the coast or up 62 and cross the mountains twice (I DO like the latter). If it were me, I would hit 97 to 58, then go 99W all the way to Hillsboro...

Nest time you're up here, give me a shout & we'll do lunch..