PDA

View Full Version : Tell the new guys about Spyderfest

Mikel53
01-01-2015, 10:54 PM
There are probably several of us who don't know the benefits of going to the event. Would someone like to give us the sales pitch please? I am a new owner with no previous motorcycle experience. Is this something I should go to for the learning experience?

Cruzr Joe
01-01-2015, 11:03 PM
One of the things you will see at Spyderfest are the hundreds of different things people do to their Spyders, Paints, Seats, Mufflers, Wraps, Floorboards, etc. etc. etc. You will also learn some tips on caring for your Spyder, sort of the what not to do and what works great. You will also meet a lot of genuinely nice folks who love to share what they know about these cool machines. You will leave Spyderfest with the knowledge that you made some new friends that you will keep in contact with. You will also enjoy the camaraderie of the Spyder world. This is a great way to learn and enjoy your Spyder.

Cruzr Joe

DJFaninTN
01-02-2015, 01:36 AM
it's like a candy store for Spyder owners. anything and everything you ever wanted to do to your Spyder can be had. just bring your credit card and enjoy. you'll also meet some pretty cool people along the way that will become close friends. there are some pretty cool rides as well to go on and some great scenery.

last year was our first time and we had no idea what to expect. i think my wife is praying that my credit card will stay in the wallet a little more than it did last year.

remember that you only live once and you can't take it with you when you leave this earth.

SpyderLady
01-02-2015, 09:51 AM
You can also go out to www.spyderfest.com (http://www.spyderfest.com) This website has a listing of the events by day, hotels/motels that are hosts this year and of course Registration. Where else can you register for $39.95 and that includes a Hoodie :yes::yes:..... Great deal and best of times.:firstplace::firstplace:

Of course follow the threads here on Spyderlovers to see what everyone is saying about our sixth year of Spyderfest.

PrairieSpyder
01-02-2015, 11:06 AM
The farkles are hard to resist, especially when you see other Spyders all decked out. Something new this year are the seminars. I'm a non-techie and want to learn more about my machine.

My favorite thing about Spyderfest is the fellowship with other SLs and making friends. I find that no matter which ride I take, which vendor I patronize, which restaurant we go to . . . it's the friends, old and new, that make it fun.

Yazz
01-02-2015, 09:44 PM
All the above and one more thing that is very special to me about SpyderFest...

Every year, I meet up and catch up with old friends, and make new friends.

To me, it's all about kicking tires in the parking lot and telling lies.

(The sentence above is a HotGlue quote and I hope he doesn't mind. He says things better than I do.)

SpyderAnn01
01-02-2015, 09:59 PM
All the above and one more thing that is very special to me about SpyderFest...

Every year, I meet up and catch up with old friends, and make new friends.

To me, it's all about kicking tires in the parking lot and telling lies.

(The sentence above is a HotGlue quote and I hope he doesn't mind. He says things better than I do.)

That hits the nail on the head!

Cruzr Joe
01-02-2015, 10:23 PM
One neat thing is that you get to put the names and faces together.

Cruzr Joe