PDA

View Full Version : Cold

mtbear
12-30-2014, 02:01 PM
2 degrees here this morning and 6" of snow. No riding Spyder but was able to ride my ATV with plow on it. Not as much fun lol.
:dontknow:mtbear

Chupaca
12-30-2014, 02:42 PM
you did get to ryde...:2thumbs: I know..not that funny...:roflblack:

ARtraveler
12-30-2014, 02:55 PM
Now that we are talking cold...

The weather news yesterday said that for 2014 in the Anchorage Alaska area, we did not go below zero degrees. Weather predicted through Jan 1 is for teens at the lowest.

Not the record though. The year 2000 - 2001 had 683 days consecutively when the temperature in Anchorage Alaska did not dip below zero degrees.

The story for North of Anchorage is much different though. The Pacific Ocean affects our weather and keeps it moderate compared to the rest of Alaska.

Steve67
12-30-2014, 03:00 PM
It was -45 Celsius with the wind last night in Winnipeg, Manitoba....that kind of cold just takes your breath away......Don't think the Spyder would even start even if I tried.....

ARtraveler
12-30-2014, 04:03 PM
It was -45 Celsius with the wind last night in Winnipeg, Manitoba....that kind of cold just takes your breath away......Don't think the Spyder would even start even if I tried.....

Right on. Anything over -20 below zero (F here--since I don't do metric--:roflblack::roflblack:) is very cold indeed. My coldest experience ever, was in Ashland WI one fine and cold winter day. -50 below which set an all time record at that time. That was cold, and yes it took the breath away. Also experienced -40 below for a week at a time sometimes in Northern MN.

Happy to say, I have not experienced anything like either since moving to Alaska. :yes:

TXSHOTGUN
12-30-2014, 04:49 PM
I'm here in North Central Texas and its 30* and I can't wait to make Mexico a state where I can move to a warmer beach front climate! I definitely tip my hat to y'all who live north of us! ;)

Deanna777
12-30-2014, 07:53 PM
Here in Vermont we have 6 degrees BRRR Cold , but we are use to the Cold weather, Anyone that lives in any warmer states send the warm weather up here. I got Spyder fever. No spyder riding for me. Deanna

missouriboy
12-31-2014, 05:31 AM
The coldest I ever experienced in MO was -25F for three nights in a row in the mid-70s. It put a vertical crack all the way across the vinyl dash of our '73 Caprice.

Right now around 4:30am it's about +53F (but drizzling rain) here in the Rio Grande Valley...
...and that's why I live in MO no mo'. :yes:

gnirtsnod
12-31-2014, 07:30 AM
Yeah, it only got into the mid-sixties (F) yesterday. Supposed to cool off into the fifties today, though! We will ride out to Darien, GA, tomorrow for a shrimp binge.

Hey, I did my time in Detroit and Louisville. I don't ever want to say again that I "know" cold. Instead, I want to say I "remember" cold.

Peter Aawen
12-31-2014, 08:16 AM
You might want to send some of that cold weather down here!!

The temp tomorrow in the Adelaide Hills, South Australia is expected to be up around 32 Deg C (or about 90 Deg F) & on Friday we are looking at topping 40 Deg C (or 104 Deg F) When it gets that hot, especially if there's a bit of hot northerly wind as well, it can be too HOT to ride!! :yikes: :sour:

A bit of your cold down this way might come in handy.... :pray: