PDA

View Full Version : Friendly reminder for Parking Brake User's

BeRight
10-29-2008, 01:36 PM
I see where many plan to ride their Spyder in to work during cold winter days.

You might want to lay off the parking brake. While you are at work and it's one of those days that is getting colder and the wind is howling, you come out to find that the parking brake won't release - - cable is froze stiff.:yikes:
It could happen-don't ask me how I know.:opps:

zzneonzz
10-29-2008, 04:29 PM
Maybe ok for the SM owners but definately not for for the SE owners that is unless you like chasing your spyder :D

Smylinacha
10-29-2008, 08:32 PM
I see where many plan to ride their Spyder in to work during cold winter days.

You might want to lay off the parking brake. While you are at work and it's one of those days that is getting colder and the wind is howling, you come out to find that the parking brake won't release - - cable is froze stiff.:yikes:
It could happen-don't ask me how I know.:opps:

I think I used my parking break about a half dozen times and then it broke - I just leave it in first (SM owner). But I called my dealer and am bringing it in for it's 3000 miles service and I asked him to fix it. Good to know though!

jimclarkf1
10-29-2008, 08:45 PM
I drove my :spyder: today to work, it was 32, I had T-shirt, work shirt and 2 jackets. STILL COLD:(. Ill try again tommorow. THANKS, John (omaha #2766)

dltang
10-29-2008, 09:30 PM
I drove my :spyder: today to work, it was 32, I had T-shirt, work shirt and 2 jackets. STILL COLD:(. Ill try again tommorow. THANKS, John (omaha #2766)

Thermosuit or Gerbing Heated Gear, either or a combination of both should get you to work in comfort on those cold mornings.