PDA

View Full Version : Stock F3 Handlebar Color

Slagiatt
12-29-2014, 08:06 PM
Seeing the $500+ price for a chorme handlebar, it occurred to me to ask what the F3 is shipped with. Is the basic handlebar the black one? That is, is the chrome handlebar an upgrade?

:dontknow:

den1953
12-29-2014, 08:38 PM
The stock ones are black. I think you can use any motorcycle handlebar as long as it's made of the correct tubing size (outside diameter). Chrome aftermarket handlebars are much cheaper than $500 a pop too!!

Chupaca
12-29-2014, 11:02 PM
you thought the base was chrome....:roflblack::roflblack: you saw the price now guess why they make it a upgrade/farkel/mod...I'm sure you can have the stock ones chromed for far less...:thumbup:

Slagiatt
12-30-2014, 09:41 AM
Yes :opps: (silly me!) I did just assume that chrome was standard because it is on nearly every motorcycle made...just didn't give it much thought. Then, when seeing the handlebar pricing options, I really couldn't figure out what they were doing (still didn't recognize my chrome-is-basic assumption). Makes perfect sense now.

On the up side...all along I had been frustrated because I really wanted the black handlebar and expected to have to buy the black one and swap it out, and then find something to do with the chrome one.

So, it works out well for me. (Sometimes it is better to be lucky than talented.)

:ohyea: