PDA

View Full Version : this father has too much time on his hands

cuznjohn
12-21-2014, 05:01 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BzTRTQkmHpU

Bob Denman
12-21-2014, 05:28 PM
:clap::firstplace:
We had the Aurora HO cars back when I was growing up... built some magnum-sized tracks, but NOTHING like that! :bowdown:

mowin
12-22-2014, 07:47 AM
Hate to see what he spent in batteries for those "boosters". I'm assuming they run on batteries:dontknow:

I had the HO tracks as well. Used to modify the cars to get that little edge.

cuznjohn
12-22-2014, 08:26 AM
i still have my LIONEL train set from when i was a kid.

2Paw
12-22-2014, 09:32 AM
He must be out of work.:D

Chupaca
12-22-2014, 11:49 AM
I've taken day trips shorter than that...:roflblack::roflblack: whole neighborhood must have been outta town..!! If its not a guiness record they need to give him a bottle or two...:2thumbs:

Gumbeau
12-22-2014, 12:55 PM
I've taken day trips shorter than that...:roflblack::roflblack: whole neighborhood must have been outta town..!! If its not a guiness record they need to give him a bottle or two...:2thumbs:

this guy "NEEDS" a Spyder. Now!!!

Bob Denman
12-22-2014, 01:29 PM
Hate to see what he spent in batteries for those "boosters". I'm assuming they run on batteries:dontknow:

I had the HO tracks as well. Used to modify the cars to get that little edge.

Did you mess with re-winding the motors?
We used to "chop" the bodies on them down as low as possible, and drill small holes in the upper parts of the bodywork, to lower the center of gravity in them. :thumbup:

ARtraveler
12-22-2014, 02:52 PM
Brings back memories of about 12 years ago. I took over the basement/den with a HO layout. Jumped in heavy duty and had half the area filled with a huge switch yard layout as well as a traveling track for trains on the run.

mowin
12-22-2014, 03:29 PM
Did you mess with re-winding the motors?
We used to "chop" the bodies on them down as low as possible, and drill small holes in the upper parts of the bodywork, to lower the center of gravity in them. :thumbup:

I used to glue splitshot on the lowest part of the car to help it stick to the track. Was tricky getting just the correct amount as to help, but not scrub too much speed off. Never did the re-winding of motors. But cutting the bodies was one modification we used. Aslo tried adding a second grove pin to the rear of the car. Had to remember to keep that screw loose so the pin could pivot. Brings back some fond memories of my childhood. :thumbup: