PDA

View Full Version : First F3 deliveries??

petegtsv10
12-19-2014, 11:58 AM
Has anyone heard anything firm as to when the first F3s will arrive at the dealers?? My wife has the first one coming to our dealer, but they don't seem to have a clue as to when. They estimate Jan.-March......a rather large window.

Bob Denman
12-19-2014, 12:05 PM
You might want to check with BikerDoc...
He gets his through Central Florida PowerSports, and they seem to be among the first to get their bikes...

cuznjohn
12-19-2014, 12:06 PM
just spoke to my dealer yesterday and he said january

PrairieSpyder
12-19-2014, 12:23 PM
Lamont has one!! :2thumbs:

75wildcat
12-19-2014, 12:38 PM
I went to the opening event where they unveiled the Spyder and allowed us to test drive it 2 weeks ago. At the time they said it would be the first of the year before production models are released. They told us there are currently only 10 of them in the U.S. on the street or at dealers. The F3 I rode on 12/13/14 had 830 miles on it.

PrairieSpyder
12-19-2014, 12:42 PM
I went to the opening event where they unveiled the Spyder and allowed us to test drive it 2 weeks ago. At the time they said it would be the first of the year before production models are released. They told us there are currently on 10 of them in the U.S. on the street. The F3 I rode on 12/13/14 had 830 miles on it.

:welcome:

Bob Denman
12-19-2014, 01:26 PM
:agree: Welcome to the Party!! :2thumbs: :yes::ohyea::yes::dg1::dg2:

BrewerCycles
12-19-2014, 01:43 PM
Our F3 demo unit just arrived yesterday and we'll only have it until Dec.23rd. Our F3 inventory is scheduled to arrive in January!:clap:

SpyderGTL
12-19-2014, 02:06 PM
At the demo event in TX last week, the Can Am reps said deliveries would start at the end of January or early February. Hope it's sooner than later!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Slagiatt
12-19-2014, 02:19 PM
I wonder if they have addressed the issue of people trying to close a deal prior to Jan 31st (to get the free promotion extended warranty) and the impossibility of doing this when they don't have them at dealers before Jan 31st. :dontknow: Anyone heard anything about this?

ARtraveler
12-19-2014, 02:49 PM
I wonder if they have addressed the issue of people trying to close a deal prior to Jan 31st (to get the free promotion extended warranty) and the impossibility of doing this when they don't have them at dealers before Jan 31st. :dontknow: Anyone heard anything about this?

If you close the deal within the extended warranty promotion time, you get the warranty promotion deal. If dealer says otherwise, contact BRPcare. Delivery date has nothing to do with it.

The warranty should begin on the delivery date though.

boomboom1
12-19-2014, 06:10 PM
My dealer informed me that I needed to put up a minimum deposit of $250 in order to get the extended warranty. I had put up a deposit of $100 originally because that is the amount that they asked for at the time. I paid the additional $150 the other day to make sure that I get the extended two year warranty.

Chupaca
12-19-2014, 06:29 PM
this is always the way it goes...does anyone have a pool going..?? You should be the first cause you test rode on 12/13/14...what are the odds..?? Guess it will be when it is...:dontknow:

SPYD3R
12-19-2014, 08:26 PM
i spoke with the Service Manager at POWERSPORTS of GREENVILLE, SC, and she told me the 1st week in January...
i'm on the TEST RIDE LIST... i have the 1st spot.... I CAN NOT WAIT.... :yes:

Bob Denman
12-19-2014, 09:12 PM
Good luck!! :2thumbs: :D

Slagiatt
12-19-2014, 10:12 PM
The problem is that putting down a deposit doesn't "close the deal." In order to have purchased the F3, you need a VIN# so that the sale can be completed. Now, it is possible that a dealer might get a VIN on the F3 that's being shipped, but as of right now, my understanding is that if you don't officially buy the F3 (not put a deposit on it) you probably won't get the warranty. I have actually already ordered and paid for the BRP accessories I want...if that doesn't qualify for a serious intent to purchase, I don't know what does.

:spyder2:

I wish BRP would jump in here and let us know that having placed a deposit and then following through with the purchase would qualify us for the warranty. That would certainly be in the spirit of the promotion.

Ex-Rocket
12-19-2014, 10:21 PM
I get to test drive one after the New Year, in Olive Branch, Ms.

SpyderCruiser
12-19-2014, 10:31 PM
The problem is that putting down a deposit doesn't "close the deal." In order to have purchased the F3, you need a VIN# so that the sale can be completed. Now, it is possible that a dealer might get a VIN on the F3 that's being shipped, but as of right now, my understanding is that if you don't officially buy the F3 (not put a deposit on it) you probably won't get the warranty. I have actually already ordered and paid for the BRP accessories I want...if that doesn't qualify for a serious intent to purchase, I don't know what does.

I wish BRP would jump in here and let us know that having placed a deposit and then following through with the purchase would qualify us for the warranty. That would certainly be in the spirit of the promotion.

I would love to get a firm answer to this question as well. I left a $1000.00 deposit for a 2015 RT at my dealer in Nov and he said I would get the extended warranty.

GunDoctor
12-19-2014, 11:43 PM
Describe "close the deal" without the bike, Vin number. All I have is an Order sheet showing price, $1000 deposit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PW2013STL
12-20-2014, 08:17 AM
I am sure this will work the same way it did when I purchased my 14 RT. I placed a deposit in Nov of 13 and picked it up in March of 14. There was no vin number until it was built in Feb of 14.
What I was told was that once the Spyder was delivered to the dealer I had 14 days to complete the sale in order to get the free extended warranty.
I also was concerned that I was going to get the warranty since I did not take delivery before the promotion expired.

Have no fear - you will get it as long as you pay for it within BRP's timeframe after it arrives at your dealer.

BikerDoc
12-20-2014, 10:07 AM
There may not really be simple answer to this question. I am hearing that bikes will be delivered in January (no black until Feb) but that some of the accessories that your ordered on your "custom" bike may not be available until at least March - so in essence you may get your full Spyder F3 delivered over time... Order date and test ride date don't mean anything clearly... I ordered mine on 8/26/2014 and test rode 424 miles on Thanksgiving and I won't see my black F3 until at least February...

Mike,P
12-20-2014, 10:53 AM
I am sure this will work the same way it did when I purchased my 14 RT. I placed a deposit in Nov of 13 and picked it up in March of 14. There was no vin number until it was built in Feb of 14.What I was told was that once the Spyder was delivered to the dealer I had 14 days to complete the sale in order to get the free extended warranty.I also was concerned that I was going to get the warranty since I did not take delivery before the promotion expired.Have no fear - you will get it as long as you pay for it within BRP's timeframe after it arrives at your dealer. What he said!!!

Joe Johnson
12-20-2014, 02:08 PM
I am sure this will work the same way it did when I purchased my 14 RT. I placed a deposit in Nov of 13 and picked it up in March of 14. There was no vin number until it was built in Feb of 14.
What I was told was that once the Spyder was delivered to the dealer I had 14 days to complete the sale in order to get the free extended warranty.
I also was concerned that I was going to get the warranty since I did not take delivery before the promotion expired.

Have no fear - you will get it as long as you pay for it within BRP's timeframe after it arrives at your dealer.

That is basically how I anticipate the warranty being delivered as well. I work at a new Can Am dealer and I expect that anyone who pre orders one of these while the promotion is going on and takes delivery within the first 2-3 weeks will get the warranty.

Slagiatt
12-20-2014, 03:26 PM
Getting the free extended warranty with a purchase right after the F3 arrives at the dealer would be fair...Hope that is the way they do it.
:pray:

ARtraveler
12-20-2014, 04:19 PM

RE: closing the deal. I am speaking from experience with my local dealer--your dealer may be different.

Your very right on the questions you have concerning actual legalities. It is hard to legally close the deal without the all important vin #, etc.

That said, I told the dealer what I wanted (2014 RTS--Yellow) in late September of 2013. No deposit required (since I had previously purchased 4 others). No financing required, I paid cash on delivery. The dealer "forgot" to order my RT with his initial order. Wrong models and colors were ordered--so I was not a happy camper. Dealer did work with me, and I also had BRPcare working on it in the background.

I also had questions about the extended warranty/delivery date issue. My Spyder was built and shipped about April 15th, and arrived at my dealer in time for me to pick it up on April 30th. I was guaranteed the extended warranty regardless of delivery date. Intent should have a bit to do with things, in the event that dates get screwed up for whatever.

A deposit--IMO--represents intent to purchase and the tender of same, should be sufficient for the extended warranty, even though delivery date come after the special offer.

It is not the dealers fault if the machines are built later than originally promised. The dealer should honor the intent of the sale and work with the customer, rather than use it as an excuse to save a few bucks if they are required to "kick in" on some of the warranty costs. Let's see what happens.

I am guessing that "customer service" is still a high priority.

boomboom1
12-20-2014, 04:57 PM
When I tendered my additional deposit my dealer put in writing that I would receive the extended warranty. That should be the end of discussion.

Spyder Tony
12-20-2014, 07:17 PM
My dealer informed me that I needed to put up a minimum deposit of $250 in order to get the extended warranty. I had put up a deposit of $100 originally because that is the amount that they asked for at the time. I paid the additional $150 the other day to make sure that I get the extended two year warranty.

Interesting...I had to put down a $500 deposit to get the extended warranty (And $1000 in free accessories). I was told by both the dealer AND the BRP representative (I put down my deposit right after the demo ride) that delivery would be between Jan 1st and Jan 31st.

GunDoctor
12-21-2014, 04:24 PM
I had to put a non-refundable 1000.00 in Sept, I'd settle with 500.00 in free accessories, but no free stuff offered.

SpyderCruiser
12-21-2014, 06:50 PM
I had to put a non-refundable 1000.00 in Sept, I'd settle with 500.00 in free accessories, but no free stuff offered.

I was not offered any free stuff either, Bummer.:dontknow:

den1953
12-21-2014, 08:03 PM
I'm sure the majority of dealers are pretty honest, but there's always a few crooks out there who make it bad for the rest of them. I would insist upon getting this all documented or in writing so you'll be able to hold them to it. If all you get is a receipt for your 500 to 1000 bucks there's no way they can be held to anything but taking that off as part of a down-payment.

SpyderCruiser
01-07-2015, 01:07 PM

My dealer called me today and said he had an extended warranty certificate for me. He emailed the certificate to me. It has my name on it and the 2015 Rt I ordered listed on it. Is says I must accept delivery by April 30 2015. I was also told my Rt should arrive in Feb. So it looks as long as you left a deposit at the dealer and take delivery by April you get the extended best warranty. Dealer said he would not have the vin info until a week before delivery.

den1953
01-07-2015, 04:31 PM
I guess that it is fortunate that our lousy Ohio winter weather forces me to wait for better weather, usually in late March to early April. Being as it's January and the coldest/worst part of our winter misery and no F3 Spyders in any showrooms yet, it just works out ok for me.

vondalyn
01-08-2015, 01:12 PM
My dealership just told me today that they're hearing that F3 deliveries are looking more like end of the month (still nothing definite).

ARtraveler
01-08-2015, 03:31 PM
My dealership just told me today that they're hearing that F3 deliveries are looking more like end of the month (still nothing definite).

:bbq::bbq::bbq:

vondalyn
01-08-2015, 07:42 PM
ha! cook me up one of those while you're at it!

SpyderDen
01-08-2015, 09:43 PM
Len from Pitbull just posted on Facebook his first load is on the truck and headed his way. :yes:
Should be a good race to see if his beats CFP's shipment. Ice Road Truck Race.

den1953
01-09-2015, 06:31 AM
Then we should be seeing some pictures of those new F3s pretty soon. Ride reports and videos too.

Bob Denman
01-09-2015, 08:38 AM
Somebody should wake up BikerDoc, and see what he's heard from CFPS...

Maybe that Convoy is already heading South!! :thumbup:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=j3VN54M1OXA

Lamonster
01-09-2015, 10:19 AM
Len from Pitbull just posted on Facebook his first load is on the truck and headed his way. :yes:
Should be a good race to see if his beats CFP's shipment. Ice Road Truck Race.

The truck that he thought had F3's on them were not. He did say there are some in route but not sure if that means they are on the truck heading this way or they have been processed to be delivered. Either way it should be very soon and they'll be hitting the dealers. :doorag:

:yes::2excited:

Smallz
01-13-2015, 10:43 AM
Has anyone heard anything yet? My dealer keeps telling me they expect something any minute but this is the longest minute in the world!

Lemonster - Haven't seen any updated pics of your F3 in a while...what is going on with it?

Lamonster
01-13-2015, 01:39 PM
Has anyone heard anything yet? My dealer keeps telling me they expect something any minute but this is the longest minute in the world!

Lemonster - Haven't seen any updated pics of your F3 in a while...what is going on with it?

The F3 is in WI right now getting some custom parts built for it. I'll be picking it up by the end of the month and then it goes in for the custom artwork. The base coat will be painted in the next week or two.

When I get it back there will be lots of fab and install work to be done including custom lighting and exhaust. The orange parts have all been powder coated a deep red and looks great. That was way more work than I thought it would be but well worth it.

http://youtu.be/NtRdSL0B4Fs

https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfp1/v/t1.0-9/10371965_828294237213849_457412420802708039_n.jpg? oh=988921afbb5e0adf7a1395279403c2c7&oe=553B167D&__gda__=1428900582_a9cb921837a92845770e6d080812bdc 7

hondaman
01-13-2015, 08:49 PM
My dealer said the first week of January,nothing yet

Smallz
01-14-2015, 09:38 AM
My dealer said the first week of January,nothing yet

looks like they are a little late already :P

den1953
01-14-2015, 09:54 AM
Well it's the Hump Day of the week just before the Hump Day of the month, so we're nearly halfway through January. So far we haven't seen any F3s at our dealerships yet. Not that this is any kind of big surprise or anything.

MMMII
01-14-2015, 12:08 PM
Waiting sucks!

#1stworldproblems

MidTNDawg
01-14-2015, 01:58 PM
he will not even "guesstimate" anything on BRP until he is looking at it. But if he said you get their first, you can take that to the bank.

Smallz
01-14-2015, 05:16 PM
I got my F3-S SE6 for just under 23k all in...out the door...what is everyone else paying? Freebees don't count Lemonster :P

Smallz
01-14-2015, 05:18 PM
Waiting sucks!

#1stworldproblems

agree!:agree::agree::agree::2excited:

boomboom1
01-17-2015, 06:02 PM
I was advised that the windshield for my new F3S has arrived. I guess that is progress!? Hopefully the bike is next.

MidTNDawg
01-17-2015, 06:44 PM
If you place a genuine order by January 31st, you receive the warranty provided you take delivery when your unit is delivered no matter what that date may be. And assurance of that is given in writing. At least one person in this thread has received this written guaranty.

Tom in NM
01-17-2015, 08:23 PM
. . . but it is FAR BETTER than not getting one at all.

While you are waiting, BRP has posted the Operator's Guide for the F3 ( I had not seen anyone else mention that )

Here is the link http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/OperatorsGuidesAttachments/OwnersManuals_SSA/attach/06/2015/2833EN.pdf

I have already put it on my iPhone and iPad so I will always have it with me.

There are some different things - like having to brake when shifting to and out of Reverse. Maybe my STS is an exception, but I am always shifting out of reverse while rolling - so the F3 was a little different on the test drive I took. (which was great) Overall, the impression was SMOOTH . . . . power, gears, ride, and sound. The only negative thing was they don't have a Yellow one ( but, I will be fixing that ) and I will miss the trunk space and maybe the adjustable windshield - we will see.

I called my dealer the other day, I already knew they didn't have notice of the shipment, otherwise they would have called. Glad to hear that some of them are on the road to their owners - so it should not be long now.

Tom

Big Arm
01-17-2015, 08:57 PM
Tom in NM........I've been waiting for you to post for a long time.....where you been ???

hondaman
01-17-2015, 09:08 PM
My dealer said they got 3 sold units and they are gone,I never saw them and don't Believe them

petegtsv10
01-18-2015, 10:52 AM
. . . but it is FAR BETTER than not getting one at all.

While you are waiting, BRP has posted the Operator's Guide for the F3 ( I had not seen anyone else mention that )

Here is the link http://www.operatorsguides.brp.com/OperatorsGuidesAttachments/OwnersManuals_SSA/attach/06/2015/2833EN.pdf

I have already put it on my iPhone and iPad so I will always have it with me.

There are some different things - like having to brake when shifting to and out of Reverse. Maybe my STS is an exception, but I am always shifting out of reverse while rolling - so the F3 was a little different on the test drive I took. (which was great) Overall, the impression was SMOOTH . . . . power, gears, ride, and sound. The only negative thing was they don't have a Yellow one ( but, I will be fixing that ) and I will miss the trunk space and maybe the adjustable windshield - we will see.

I called my dealer the other day, I already knew they didn't have notice of the shipment, otherwise they would have called. Glad to hear that some of them are on the road to their owners - so it should not be long now.

Tom

Thanks for the manual. Interesting to note that the manual says very little about a break-in procedure. It simply says to avoid full throttle for the first 600 miles. Usually, there are various rpm limitations for the first miles, cautions about lugging the engine and not riding at constant speeds. I guess we'll just resort to common sense this time.

GunDoctor
01-18-2015, 11:57 AM
I'm curios about coming home on mine when I pick up, hopefully next week. The dealer is about 50 miles away by freeway. Any suggestions with the break-in operation such as speed, gears?

Tom in NM
01-18-2015, 01:59 PM
I'm curios about coming home on mine when I pick up, hopefully next week. The dealer is about 50 miles away by freeway. Any suggestions with the break-in operation such as speed, gears?

Here is what the operator's manual says:

Operating During Break-In
A break-in period of 1,000 km (600 mi)is required for the vehicle.
During the first 300 km (200 mi), avoidhard braking.

During the first 1,000 km (600 mi):

– Avoid full throttle acceleration.

– Avoid prolonged riding.

– If the cooling fan operates continuously during stop and go traffic, pullover and shut off the engine to let itcool off or speed up to let air cool offthe engine.
After the break-in period, your vehicleshould be inspected as per the MAINTENANCE SCHEDULE.

An hour or so on the expressway does not sound like a problem for you.

Like anything "new" though, I would plan for the "shouldn't happen". When I picked up my ST-S, it was late in the day on last New Years Eve. I only had about 15 miles to get home - but I did take some streets for a while to get the feel of the new Spyder, then I hit the expressway. About 2 miles away from home, the dash lit up with over-heating warnings and the last mile included a couple of stop & cool off periods to avoid Limp Mode.

It was a bad heat sensor. Small thing, easily fixed - damned inconvenient on New Years Eve. Live and Learn, repeat until it sticks. Next time, pickup will be during the day, dealership will still be open so they can assist, towing service will be on speed-dial, and friends will be available to get me home. ( oh, and be prepared that if you have a new Spyder - it may not be registered yet in the database - the Best people where great, but it did take a little doing for them to send the tow-truck to take it into the shop. )

That kind of thing does not happen often, but if you think it through and ask yourself what a good Boy Scout would do, you will be prepared. The whole service schedule and mechanics are pretty different on the F3 - they seem ready to go out of the crate.

GunDoctor
01-18-2015, 03:34 PM
Thanks Tom, hopefully I will have the same experience as I did with the RSS. Only issue on the way home is I had to figure how to set the gauge to MPH

Youngblood
01-19-2015, 05:20 PM
Central Florida Powersports just announced on FB that they just got their shipment in and show a pic of a white F3-S being un-crated!:yes:

JPV
01-19-2015, 05:28 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/s480x480/10917337_10152803959416704_3658613467976976561_n.j pg?oh=c54e335752cf06993c25e37d1d7b20a8&oe=556C59C6&__gda__=1432513331_20da4bb032fdf28026622e84ba5f0cd 9

vondalyn
01-19-2015, 06:09 PM
that almost makes my mouth water!

Yazz
01-19-2015, 08:10 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/s480x480/10917337_10152803959416704_3658613467976976561_n.j pg?oh=c54e335752cf06993c25e37d1d7b20a8&oe=556C59C6&__gda__=1432513331_20da4bb032fdf28026622e84ba5f0cd 9

Nope, not mine. I ordered a black one...:gaah:

zuni
01-19-2015, 10:40 PM
Central Florida Powersports just announced on FB that they just got their shipment in and show a pic of a white F3-S being un-crated!:yes:

Albert (our salesman at CFPS) sent me an email with a shot of the crates on the truck pointing out ours. He has been great email pictures of the uncrating process all day. Can't wait to pick it up.

CJ JAX

dguisinger
01-19-2015, 10:47 PM

If they ship them without the wheels on, why on earth can't they just SELL IT to the dealer without wheels and let you pick the wheels you want without paying for the first set you didn't want?

I really wish BRP went to a build-to-order model

GunDoctor
01-20-2015, 12:04 AM
Well once mine gets out of the crate, I just ordered my personalized plates. F3SPYDR

Another day to be my kid's Dad [emoji379]

retired1
01-20-2015, 10:59 AM

That's hard for me to believe!:D