PDA

View Full Version : ST Handlebars causing shoulder ache

Cole Younger
12-17-2014, 08:07 PM
After riding for about an hour my shoulders begin to ache. I can't find where the 13 ST Limited has a riser option. My arms are a little short for a a comfortable ride. Welcome suggestions.

Don in E Texas
12-17-2014, 08:26 PM
...so most folks have to lean into the bars. I did not care for it and rode my '08 less and less each year. My RT solved all those issues (and more). Maybe a check of our vendors would be helpful? Or someone with the same model bike will be helpful and make a post.

Anyhow....welcome to the board!!

don

happyspyder2039
12-17-2014, 08:32 PM
After riding for about an hour my shoulders begin to ache. I can't find where the 13 ST Limited has a riser option. My arms are a little short for a a comfortable ride. Welcome suggestions.:welcome: You might try sitting closer to the bars instead of back. Or a different seat maybe in order.

Dgjason
12-17-2014, 09:49 PM
After riding for about an hour my shoulders begin to ache. I can't find where the 13 ST Limited has a riser option. My arms are a little short for a a comfortable ride. Welcome suggestions.

Cole, I also have a 2013 ST Limited. I am 5-8 1/2 and the first purchase I made was a Ultimate Seat. I have rode for over 4 hours straight with no problem. I use to get shoulder and back pain when riding my two wheel motorcycle. I was worried that I would experience the same problem and was certainly relieved that the back and shoulder problems have not returned.

900Dave
12-17-2014, 09:54 PM
The Ultimate seat "low rider" will move you 2 inches closer to the bars OR you can bolt on a set of RT bars. That will put the bars closer to the seat. I would go with the new seat.

Bob Denman
12-18-2014, 07:40 AM
:agree: It's more of a seating issue, than a handlebar issue. :welcome:

PW2013STL
12-18-2014, 07:51 AM
I had the same issue with our ST and I purchased the BRP adjustable handlebars. BRP dosen't say that they will fit an ST so I was going to make it last winters project to get them to fit. I solved that issue by trading our ST in on a RT so I do not know if they would have fit, but I still believe that they would.

I hope you find a solution!

BTW Welcome!!

Bob Denman
12-18-2014, 08:01 AM
:shocked: An expensive; yet effective solution! :D

ARtraveler
12-18-2014, 03:18 PM
New seats, or handlebars $500 and up.

I ended up putting 3" risers on my RS handlebars, but not sure that can be done with the ST.

AppleSpyder
12-18-2014, 08:19 PM
I have the same problem with aching shoulders after a while when riding. I am going to be purchasing a Corbin Lamonster seat, after I save up a little more. I think that will bring me down into the right position and get rid of the tilted forward position. That's my thought anyway. If that fails I'm going to look at some handlebar risers.

Ccol
12-18-2014, 08:31 PM
This has been tried and tested ..... the owner is very happy with the result......

http://www.lindsayroland.com/pdf/AddingRisers_toSpyderST.pdf

Bfromla
12-20-2014, 07:21 PM
Just a guess , but you sound like looking for excuse to get adjustable F3 :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk