PDA

View Full Version : Bombarded with questions

bruiser
12-17-2014, 05:52 PM
Since last Saturday from different people. Seems a local dealer now has at least one Slingshot in stock and it's been seen around town. I'm having to explain to people what it is and the differences between it and the Spyder. By the way, this dealer sells Spyders too.

SPYD3R
12-17-2014, 06:00 PM
tell them that the differences are like bananas and bull-frogs....
SPYD3Rs are classified as motorcycles (and don't give me any lip that it's *NOT...) Slingshots are more like the Morgan 3 wheeled cars....
Dan P
SPYD3R

*it is sat 'ON', like a 2 wheeled motorcycle, and with handlebars... NOT 'IN' like a car... which the Slingshot is, and with a steering wheel....

Bob Denman
12-17-2014, 06:01 PM
It was explained in here:
A Spyder is like a motorcycle with an extra wheel...
A Slingshot is like a sports car, that lost a wheel... :D

I had the exact same conversations three times today in our office.

BikerDoc
12-17-2014, 06:03 PM
a lot of brp dealers are alos polaris dealers so this will be a pretty common conversation topic. my dealer is not a polaris dealer but he still bought a slingshot to allow his sales people to learn all about it..

Bob Denman
12-17-2014, 06:11 PM
There must be some "interesting" conversations at quitting time over who gets to take it home... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Vlv-gSKdiwQ

SPYD3R
12-17-2014, 06:18 PM

YOU HAVE AN OFFICE....??????? :yikes:

Bam Bam and Pebbles
12-17-2014, 06:22 PM
I saw a Slingshot in Winston-Salem NC today. Night and day compared to the Spyde and I will take my Spyder any day of the week.

Bob Denman
12-17-2014, 06:24 PM

It's funny how things work out; isn't it? :D
36 years...

SPYD3R
12-17-2014, 06:33 PM
It's funny how things work out; isn't it? :D
36 years...

DANG......
I DON'T HAVE ONE ANYMORE.....
B'KUZ I'VE BIN RETIRED SINCE 2008..... :roflblack:
KEEP ON TRUCK'n BOBBY.... :bowdown: CAPITALISM NEEDS YOU.... :clap:
dp
SPYD3R

ekfraz
12-17-2014, 06:45 PM
I went to look at the Slingshot today, It is more car than anything, they are not legal for sale here in Texas yes because of the motorcycle/car issue. I will keep my spyder.

Chupaca
12-17-2014, 07:37 PM
I tell them I've never heard of it...really! a three wheeled car....:dontknow:

Dragonrider
12-17-2014, 08:11 PM
Each toy has it's place, and my garage has a perfect place for both!

Bob Denman
12-18-2014, 07:39 AM
They are exactly the same as anyone knows the only discernible difference in vehicles is the number of wheels.

That’s why a 1974 Ford Pinto and a Porsche 911s are equivalent.

Equivalent; but hardly equal... :D

blacklightning
12-18-2014, 09:04 AM
Since last Saturday from different people. Seems a local dealer now has at least one Slingshot in stock and it's been seen around town. I'm having to explain to people what it is and the differences between it and the Spyder. By the way, this dealer sells Spyders too.
I see you are in eastern N.C.. Would this dealer happen to be the one located in Goldsboro, N.C.? They said they were going to carry both.

hulksdaddy
12-18-2014, 09:17 AM
Slingshot is an adult go-kart. Not a motorcycle at all.

maliamd
12-18-2014, 09:36 AM
I think the Slingshot is down right ugly. Reminds me of the bat mobile. Looks awkward, clunky, and the lines and look are just off. To even compare "it" to a motorcycle is ridiculous. It is not and never will be a motorcycle.

MouthPiece
12-18-2014, 10:26 AM
Does it really matter what it is as long as the owner likes/loves it?

Chris

Bob Denman
12-18-2014, 10:32 AM
:agree: :2thumbs:
If I had one; I'd call it what I call my Spyder: FUN!

napper39
12-18-2014, 10:41 AM
they got 4 in at my indian dealers and i got to ride in one i like them but not enough money for ever thing i like:pray::yikes:

Orange Spyder Man
12-18-2014, 10:46 AM
I like the looks of the Slingshot... would love to drive one... and I bet they will sell..

OSM

ARtraveler
12-18-2014, 03:10 PM

I wonder what happens if you are called into the Office. :yikes: :roflblack:

Bob Denman
12-18-2014, 03:24 PM
:shocked: Nuthin'... :D

jerpinoy
12-18-2014, 06:25 PM
Here in WA. slingshot require only regular auto license and :ani29: require MC license.

LEEB
12-18-2014, 07:12 PM
the Polaris dealer today and stopped to look at the Slingshot. My wife thinks it's stupid! One impression I got was how hard the seats seem to be. I can't imagine riding a couple hundred miles on those seats. Anyone else think the same?

ARtraveler
12-18-2014, 07:18 PM
the Polaris dealer today and stopped to look at the Slingshot. My wife thinks it's stupid! One impression I got was how hard the seats seem to be. I can't imagine riding a couple hundred miles on those seats. Anyone else think the same?

Something that I overlooked for sure. With my back and hip issues, I could be in trouble if they were not "just" right.

Bob Denman
12-18-2014, 07:45 PM
I wondered if the seat's texture and firmness, may have been intentional... :dontknow:
Waterproof; for sure! :thumbup:
The firmness? Perhaps to help folks have a solid base for ingress and egress...:dontknow:

LEEB
12-18-2014, 08:08 PM
I wondered if the seat's texture and firmness, may have been intentional... :dontknow:
Waterproof; for sure! :thumbup:
The firmness? Perhaps to help folks have a solid base for ingress and egress...:dontknow:

we saw today was on the sales floor but was sold, so I didn't get a chance to sit in it, but it really sits low so I would imagine it may be a challenge to get into and out of for some of us.

hulksdaddy
12-18-2014, 08:36 PM
we saw today was on the sales floor but was sold, so I didn't get a chance to sit in it, but it really sits low so I would imagine it may be a challenge to get into and out of for some of us.

http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/kk324/cran83/Photographer-suspended.jpg (http://media.photobucket.com/user/cran83/media/Photographer-suspended.jpg.html)

Bob Denman
12-19-2014, 07:55 AM
No doubt; there is a bit of a learning curve to it! :D
My experience: step into the vehicle, and then sit down.
It was easier than trying to get one leg in, slide into the seat, and then pull the remaining leg on board. :thumbup:

missouriboy
12-19-2014, 07:13 PM
Okay, Bob, for the first half of it. Now, how do you get OUT? :popcorn:

arntufun
12-19-2014, 07:41 PM

Nobody with any seat time would agree with you...... The seats are very very comfy......... You could very easily log more miles at a rip than you could on your Spyder. :thumbup:

Bob Denman
12-19-2014, 09:15 PM
They DO seem to be pretty well-shaped... :agree:

robmorg
12-20-2014, 07:53 AM

I KNEW you had an office... But what I was wondering was if anyone else was in it when you had those three conversations. :shocked:. :joke:

Bob Denman
12-20-2014, 08:53 AM
:shocked: Just me; The Missus...

...and the voices inside my head! :roflblack: