PDA

View Full Version : First impressions......

Bluehole
12-15-2014, 05:10 PM
wife and I went for a 100 mile ride/test today. Weather was about 52 degrees and sunny. Little windy but nice day for a ride. Put on a F4 Customs +3/wide/clear w/vent shield. Also had a Kumho rear tire & Federal EVO's installed. Set PSI at 28 rear & 20 in both fronts.

First, the wife says she liked the bigger shield. Now my only objection and it is minor---I have to look thru the shield even when it is all the way down. It absolutely does stop the buffeting around the helmet area. It takes almost all the wind off your hands and lower arm area and reduces the level of wind around the shoulder area. I did feel air come thru the vent when I opened it all the way. I also noticed that I was not affected as much by trucks passing from the other lane but cross winds where another story. Big gusts where a bit of a problem, but manageable. I topped off the tank today and recorded a 41.6 MPG so I would have to say this shield did not affect mileage at all. Amazing for such a large shield!!! Believe it is a keeper!!

Now, for the car tires on my Spyder. They have only about 150 miles on them at this writing. The EVO's seem to have a very slight bit of noise coming from them but nothing objectionable. I did not push the Spyder hard as the tires need more break-in time. Therefore, I do not know how well they will grip taking corners at my usual pace yet. They seemed to hold a line fairly easy on the hiway. The rear Kumho seemed to do it's job as one would expect. So all went well with the tires riding 2-up. Belt alinement was spot on and we had a great ride. Ready for spring to get here!!!

Bob Denman
12-15-2014, 05:45 PM
:congrats: on the successful additions to your bike! :2thumbs:
:nopic: of that new windshield?? ;)
Do they offer this width shield; in a shorter height?

Chupaca
12-15-2014, 08:10 PM
success..!! :2thumbs:...glad the changes made are worjing out well. Soon you will be able to push it a bit harder...:thumbup:

chuck gross
12-15-2014, 11:14 PM
sounds like a really nice windshield and you will be carving up hurricane ridge road on those new tires before you know it :thumbup:

Bluehole
12-16-2014, 11:54 AM
:congrats: on the successful additions to your bike! :2thumbs:
:nopic: of that new windshield?? ;)
Do they offer this width shield; in a shorter height?

Bob, I will get you a pic shortly. Yes, the wide shield comes in stock and short as well as tall sizes.

Have a great day!

Bob Denman
12-16-2014, 12:27 PM
Thanks! :thumbup:
:bbq::bbq::bbq:

Bluehole
12-16-2014, 05:40 PM
Thanks! :thumbup:
:bbq::bbq::bbq:
First pic is to call your attention to how wide this shield is. Note how it completely covers the wind deflector---that also means it pretty much eliminates any wind
getting to your hands. Believe it or not, the second picture was taken with me sitting on the bike and pointing the camera thru the shield at the sign on the wall.
Simply amazing how clear it is!!!

Hope that helps you. I am now waiting on Ron to finish his front shock spring adjusters---gotta get ma a pair of those!!!

Take care

100014 100015

edit: the shield is at about half mast in the photos.

Bob Denman
12-16-2014, 05:57 PM
:clap: :firstplace:
Where can I get a sign like that for MY garage? :D

Bluehole
12-16-2014, 06:42 PM

Have no idea---found that one at a thrift store. Sorry

Bob Denman
12-16-2014, 06:50 PM
:thumbup: Next time; buy two of them... I'll split the cost, and pay the postage! :D

vondalyn
12-16-2014, 06:57 PM
I've seen them in other places too, but here's one: http://www.signxing.com/product/no-parking-except-for-bob/

Bluehole
12-17-2014, 01:18 PM
I've seen them in other places too, but here's one: http://www.signxing.com/product/no-parking-except-for-bob/

There ya go, Bob

Bob Denman
12-17-2014, 01:20 PM
:clap: :2thumbs: Thanks!!
Another addendum on the Christmas List... :D

missouriboy
12-17-2014, 09:45 PM
:clap: :2thumbs: Thanks!!
Another addendum on the Christmas List... :DBut - but - but... What if your name is NOT spelled with 2 Bs and 1 O? :roflblack: