PDA

View Full Version : Why does this have to happen?

Motza
10-27-2008, 08:36 AM
After riding for several miles came to a stop, but the bike in reverse and then the bike shut down, which I was ok with, my mistake.

However my complaint is why do they have it set up the computer so you have to wait several minutes before restarting the bike. That's retarded. :dontknow: What if it's an emergency and you have to get moving right away?

DragonSpyder
10-27-2008, 08:52 AM
Strange! If I stall mine it fires right back up.

patches
10-27-2008, 08:53 AM
Not sure what you mean. I have had my nanny just plain yell at me and shut off for very good reasons and I can start right back up and go with no problems.

Zerocool
10-27-2008, 08:54 AM
Strange! If I stall mine it fires right back up.

Same here.

Lamonster
10-27-2008, 08:55 AM
Mine starts right up too. :dontknow:

dltang
10-27-2008, 09:19 AM
If you don't physically turn the key to the off position and it is less than a couple of minutes you should be able to start back up right away with no computer read out. It even talks about this in the owners manual. If you are getting the computer read out every time after just a stall, I would have it checked out by your dealer. As mentioned, in an emergency or in the middle of the road, this could be quite a problem.

bjt
10-27-2008, 09:25 AM
Sounds like Motza6's problem is SE5 related. As far as I know, those are the only Spyders that don't like being turned off in reverse.

Why they do things like that.... :dontknow:

If the engineers designed it that way, maybe it was a case of something sounding like the right thing to do in theory but causing a headache in real life.

SpyderDog65
10-27-2008, 09:35 AM
i turn my se5 off in reverse and i dont have any probs starting mine up, i did start it up last week and when i got around the corner from my house at stop sign it stalled and wouldnt start back up right away so i took the key out and then put it back in and still wouldnt start so i did it two more times still nothing then i took it out and waited for about 20 sec and then put it back in and it started up nothin in the display, dont know why it did that but and twice cruising down the road it glitched in third gear but corrected itself almost instantly those have been the only issues ive experianced with my new SE5 :clap:so far iam extremely :D

zzneonzz
10-27-2008, 10:03 AM
With the SE5 if it shuts off in any gear other than Nuetral the brake has to be pressed in to restart. The once or twice i have stalled mine i just barely press the brake and it starts right up.

Motza
10-27-2008, 12:53 PM
With the SE5 if it shuts off in any gear other than Reverse the brake has to be pressed in to restart. The once or twice i have stalled mine i just barely press the brake and it starts right up.

Thanks everyone , spoke to the dealer today and he said the same thing. If it's in gear and it shuts down I have to step on the brake pedal to restart... Yes I ride a SE 5
Like those fancy new cars, you have to step on the brake then push the ignition button, before the car will start.

Motza

zzneonzz
10-27-2008, 01:15 PM
Glad thats all it was. I had the same issue scared the crap out of me the first time it happened then i learned use the brake (Don't have to hit it hard enough to stop the spyder just enough to click the sensor)

Motza
10-27-2008, 08:55 PM
Glad thats all it was. I had the same issue scared the crap out of me the first time it happened then i learned use the brake (Don't have to hit it hard enough to stop the spyder just enough to click the sensor)
LUKE use the Brake...