PDA

View Full Version : I'm new to this forum-hello to all.

madamist
12-14-2014, 02:55 PM
Currently, I'm looking for someone that has knowledge-REF: to a hand brake.Dr's at VA Hosp. in Durham,NC. have me locked down. In July of year, they had to take my right above the knee,which was due to a medical procedure. Of course they no longer practice that procedure. So,if any one can help me with this, it would greatly be appreciated.

Questions
12-14-2014, 03:25 PM
Hi I am a left above knee amp. I also rode a goldwing. Now as it was a left leg I could brake just not shift. You can shift just not brake. Ii had a guy make a flatbed to hold my electric wheelchair, As well as the ramp. I could use pvc tubing to make my shift with my right hand and change gears with my right. The flatbed with its third motorcycle wheel gave me balance on the curves. And i did not need a kickstand.
I hope this helps a bit......good luck

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CyncySpyder
12-14-2014, 03:59 PM

Oldmanzues
12-14-2014, 04:44 PM
I believe it ICSC on here that has a hand brake set up. Spyder Lover sponser on here. If I am wrong, somebody on here will give your the right answer.
Good Luck and best wishes.
welcome as well.
Oldmanzues

Pennyrick
12-14-2014, 04:48 PM
Currently, I'm looking for someone that has knowledge-REF: to a hand brake.Dr's at VA Hosp. in Durham,NC. have me locked down. In July of year, they had to take my right above the knee,which was due to a medical procedure. Of course they no longer practice that procedure. So,if any one can help me with this, it would greatly be appreciated.
Not only does ISCI have what you need but they also give discounts to handicapped riders.

MisterP
12-14-2014, 04:52 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Here is a direct link. Look under accessories for the model you have.

http://www.isciride.com/index.htm

Chupaca
12-14-2014, 05:03 PM
glad you popped in. ISCI is a sponsor here on the home page and can help you out. You can also chec ourfor sale section and ebay though they will all be the same units at different prices...sorry you need one for this reason but cangrats for forging on...:2thumbs::clap:

Bob Denman
12-14-2014, 06:45 PM
:welcome: and everybody above, has certainly pointed you in the right direction. :thumbup:
Give ISCI a call, and they'll fix you up with what you need! nojoke :2thumbs:

ARtraveler
12-14-2014, 08:19 PM
:welcome: You are well on your way with the ISCI brake information.

PrairieSpyder
12-14-2014, 08:24 PM
Others have already provided the info you need, so I'll just say, :welcome:

SpyderAnn01
12-14-2014, 11:16 PM
Welcome and I believe that you also found the thread in the 4 Sale section where there is a handbrake for sale. Good luck and thank you for your service.

Purple Guy
12-15-2014, 12:18 AM
:welcome: