tax payer dollars ... hard at work

how much could a few lights cost, be real

Bob Denman
12-14-2014, 09:18 AM
:clap: Very nice! :thumbup:

Thanks! :D

robtdonna
12-14-2014, 09:21 AM
Nice light show :yes:but can't compare to the show that TSO puts on in a live concert. WOW, saw them this past Wednesday evening, if you ever have a chance to go, definitely worth it! :clap:

Bob Denman
12-14-2014, 09:23 AM
:agree: It's not a show; it's an event! :bowdown: :2thumbs:

SDM
12-14-2014, 10:30 AM
I've seen both the Christmas Show and Beethoven's Last Night (?). They do put on one :cus: of a good show!!! During the Christmas Show they even had a couple of machines in the ceiling of the auditorium that made snow!!!:clap:

bruiser
12-14-2014, 10:36 AM
Delaware fire company. Located behind Dover AFB. By the way, most of these companies don't get much tax money if any. They get a lot of their money through fund raisers.

Chupaca
12-14-2014, 10:40 AM
they do have the lights for it...and we didn't even see it from the back...:roflblack: Merry Christmas...!!

IdahoMtnSpyder
12-14-2014, 10:28 PM
I think it was all put together with video editing. If you watch close you'll see repeats of some movements, like at about 1:50 a person moving in front of the second truck from the left. The exhaust smoke from the center front truck is repeated and there is a jump up and down near the end when the string of lights on the building turn on and off.

Another bit of internet "ain't this fantastic?" tomfoolery gen'd up on a computer and passed off as real.

oldguyinTX
12-14-2014, 11:10 PM
tax payer dollars ... hard at work

Bah Humbug!! Did you not notice that it said "Volunteer Fire Department" on the building? No tax dollars at work there.

ARtraveler
12-15-2014, 03:28 PM
Nice. We saw Manheim Steamroller a couple years back. Fantastic for sure. :yes:

mowin
12-15-2014, 05:50 PM
I think it was all put together with video editing. If you watch close you'll see repeats of some movements, like at about 1:50 a person moving in front of the second truck from the left. The exhaust smoke from the center front truck is repeated and there is a jump up and down near the end when the string of lights on the building turn on and off.

Another bit of internet "ain't this fantastic?" tomfoolery gen'd up on a computer and passed off as real.

I noticed the same thing. Still kinda neat.

Bob Denman
12-15-2014, 05:54 PM
:agree: How they made it so entertaining; is less important than the fact that it is! :2thumbs:

IdahoMtnSpyder
12-15-2014, 08:27 PM
:agree: How they made it so entertaining; is less important than the fact that it is! :2thumbs:
You're right. It also means the criticisms of reckless spending of tax dollars are misdirected, unless someone put this together on the fire house computer while on payroll, but I doubt that. I don't think any volunteer fire house is going to have the money to spend on a video editing program to do something like this. For all we know the trucks may have been outside for their weekly wash job and emergency light check out procedure so someone took a video while the lights were being tested. Besides, emergency staff need to do something to keep them alert while they are at the fire house waiting for the next call.