PDA

View Full Version : Traveling In Canada

Mongo
12-13-2014, 08:17 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows if the Can am Hindle exhaust is legal in Canada, Last year when I was in Quebec I noticed the police was pulling over bikes and checking their exhaust.
Thanks,
Mongo

Marker
12-13-2014, 08:46 PM
I was wondering if anyone knows if the Can am Hindle exhaust is legal in Canada, Last year when I was in Quebec I noticed the police was pulling over bikes and checking their exhaust.
Thanks,
Mongo

Hello
Yes, It is allowed. If you get pulled over (which is highly unlikely) just tell the cops it is stock exhaust and it came with your spyder. Avoid agressively making excessive noise when going through towns and residential areas.
Our local cops in Guelph ,Ontario wil not pull you over for loud exhaust unless you are making excessive exhaust. My friend rides a HD Fat boy with Vance and Hines Shot Gun Exhaust which is really loud and the police leave him alone.
Above all else be courteous and polite and leave any firearms at home.
Enjoy your visit to Canada !

snics
12-13-2014, 09:04 PM
It all depends where you go. in general you will be ok.

But some towns that had Biker problems or gangs in the past, especially in Quebec, will be more strict and not allow any non-stock exhausts.

Dragonrider
01-04-2015, 01:23 PM
I had a Hindel on my RS, and a Yosh on my last RT, and rode all over BC, Alberta - never farther East than Medicine Hat, and the Yukon - never had an issue at all. Of course, outside of towns, we rarely saw another person....

bscrive
01-04-2015, 07:51 PM
I have never seen anyone get pulled over for a loud exhaust in Ontario or Quebec. I drive those two provinces all the time and cops generally ignore the motorcycle riders unless you break the law and then they may look a little closer look at your bike. On my wife's old RS she ran a HMF, which is pretty loud, and never had any problems.