PDA

View Full Version : Minnesota Spyders @ Spyderfest

Paula(Butch2025)
12-13-2014, 07:21 PM
I am officially starting a thread to keep track of where we are staying so that you will NEVER feel alone while at Spyderfest (as if that's possible with several hundred spyders running all over town!!!) So if you will post where you are staying if you want to tell us what days you'll be there I'll keep an updated list going here on this thread so you can check it out:

Lamplighter
Butch & Paula April 29 - May 5
Seth & Heather

Best Western
Wayne & Deb
rdmiller
WhiteyRon & Peggy May 28 - May 3
GrandpaPete & Kim April 29 - May 3

Days Inn
BeardedDBA May 28

Grandpa Pete
12-14-2014, 09:53 PM
Hi guys, just a question or two..... Is anyone riding down to spyderfest and when? If so, this will be Kim and mine's first fest. Would lite to tail somebody on down just incase. we're thinking of staying the 29th thru the 3rd or 4th. Any info from my fellow Caswellian's would br appreciated:chat:

Paula(Butch2025)
12-16-2014, 07:41 AM
Hi guys, just a question or two..... Is anyone riding down to spyderfest and when? If so, this will be Kim and mine's first fest. Would lite to tail somebody on down just incase. we're thinking of staying the 29th thru the 3rd or 4th. Any info from my fellow Caswellian's would br appreciated:chat:

Butch and I are riding down (every year so far) but cannot leave until I get off work on that Tuesday. We usually try to make it as far as Ankeny, Iowa then roll into Spyderfest around lunchtime on the 29th. I haven't heard from Chuck, Cindy, Di, and Glenn yet but they all ride down too. I'm sure there will start to be lots of chatter about the goings and comings after Christmas.

whiteyron
12-16-2014, 10:13 AM
Butch and I are riding down (every year so far) but cannot leave until I get off work on that Tuesday. We usually try to make it as far as Ankeny, Iowa then roll into Spyderfest around lunchtime on the 29th. I haven't heard from Chuck, Cindy, Di, and Glenn yet but they all ride down too. I'm sure there will start to be lots of chatter about the goings and comings after Christmas.

Peggy and I have reservations for the 28 thru the 3rd. Would like to hook up with a few to travel together. So we would leave Eden Prairie on the 27th, but are flexible on the departure date, let us know. Thanks whiteyron (Ron Boettcher whiteyron@msn.com)
:ohyea::ohyea::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

I should also add, this is our first Spyderfest.

Grandpa Pete
01-06-2015, 10:25 PM
Peggy and I have reservations for the 28 thru the 3rd. Would like to hook up with a few to travel together. So we would leave Eden Prairie on the 27th, but are flexible on the departure date, let us know. Thanks whiteyron (Ron Boettcher whiteyron@msn.com)
:ohyea::ohyea::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes:

I should also add, this is our first Spyderfest.
Same here. I'm Pete and my wifes name is Kim. We're heading down the 28th and staying overnight in Kearney MO. Very reasonable ride for day one. Although, this destination can be changed if we're talking about a group of us. Let me know what ya think. pmpontinen31263@gmail.com:chat:

BeardedDBA
01-07-2015, 12:41 PM

Last year was my first Spyderfest. Here's what I can share:
* There are some pretty awesome Rydes around the Ozarks and down in to Arkansas. The 'fest started on a Wednesday. So I drove down Tuesday. I didn't know until I got there that others had arrived over the weekend and have been Ryding the area already for a few days. So I missed out on some of that. Oh well. I made up for it later.
* For me, it was all about the Vendor Village. Buying things that I didn't know I needed, taking advantage of free installations where available, etc... I spent two days waiting my turn in the various lines. Don't get me wrong, I was loving every minute of it. But again - I missed out some Ryding.
* From my house, it took me 11 hrs (in the rain at the time) to drive straight through without an over-night stay. I drove solo to the 'fest. It took 14 hrs driving back in group. (more frequent stops, and for longer durations)

I haven't committed yet to going this year. There are some scheduling conflicts, and I need to consider my options.
My new 2015 RTS will be in my garage tomorrow. :ohyea: So attending the 'fest is now higher on my priority list. Gotta get new farkles for the ones that didn't transfer from my previous Spyder.:yes:

Get there earlier if you can. Take advantage of Ryding the countryside.
If you know a farkle you intend to buy, contact the vendor and see if they are taking appointments during the 'fest.
I haven't seen a vendor list yet. Hopefully the spyderfest.com site will get those posted soon.
It appears that there will be a more organized and frequent "Group Ryding" available this year. Last year, we were pretty much left to our own devices.

Jim&Teresa
01-15-2015, 04:38 PM
Last year was my first Spyderfest. Here's what I can share:
* There are some pretty awesome Rydes around the Ozarks and down in to Arkansas. The 'fest started on a Wednesday. So I drove down Tuesday. I didn't know until I got there that others had arrived over the weekend and have been Ryding the area already for a few days. So I missed out on some of that. Oh well. I made up for it later.
* For me, it was all about the Vendor Village. Buying things that I didn't know I needed, taking advantage of free installations where available, etc... I spent two days waiting my turn in the various lines. Don't get me wrong, I was loving every minute of it. But again - I missed out some Ryding.
* From my house, it took me 11 hrs (in the rain at the time) to drive straight through without an over-night stay. I drove solo to the 'fest. It took 14 hrs driving back in group. (more frequent stops, and for longer durations)

I haven't committed yet to going this year. There are some scheduling conflicts, and I need to consider my options.
My new 2015 RTS will be in my garage tomorrow. :ohyea: So attending the 'fest is now higher on my priority list. Gotta get new farkles for the ones that didn't transfer from my previous Spyder.:yes:

Get there earlier if you can. Take advantage of Ryding the countryside.
If you know a farkle you intend to buy, contact the vendor and see if they are taking appointments during the 'fest.
I haven't seen a vendor list yet. Hopefully the spyderfest.com site will get those posted soon.
It appears that there will be a more organized and frequent "Group Ryding" available this year. Last year, we were pretty much left to our own devices.

Hi Chuck,

Thanks for the info and congrats on your 2015 RTS. :clap::clap::clap: Post a pic of your new Spyder when you get a chance...:D

fireplug98
01-15-2015, 05:32 PM
Hey Everyone !!!

Sorry I'm not making it to SpyderFest this year.
Hope everyone has a great time !!!!

Tommy J. :cheers:

BeardedDBA
01-15-2015, 08:17 PM
Hi Chuck,

Thanks for the info and congrats on your 2015 RTS. :clap::clap::clap: Post a pic of your new Spyder when you get a chance...:D

I've already replaced the stock burgundy seat with my Ultimate seat. I've also transferred over my highway web pegs. I'll be installing the wiring harness and mount for my GPS next. I'll be ordering the Bump-skid and Sway-bar soon. Then the LED's, and..., and..., and...

I apologize for the ugly garage, but it's not exactly scenic outside either, right now. :(

Paula(Butch2025)
01-17-2015, 09:09 AM
Hey Everyone !!!

Sorry I'm not making it to SpyderFest this year.
Hope everyone has a great time !!!!

Tommy J. :cheers:

:yikes:Say it ain't so!!! What can we do to change your mind (or Tori's). You do know that this is NOT a 2 week event, right, Tori only has to part with you for the max of 5-6 days!

BeardedDBA
01-20-2015, 01:17 PM
:yikes:Say it ain't so!!! What can we do to change your mind (or Tori's). You do know that this is NOT a 2 week event, right, Tori only has to part with you for the max of 5-6 days!

Maybe if we each chip in a buck or two, we could entice him with a larger pool than the one from last year.:roflblack:

BeardedDBA
03-15-2015, 08:12 PM

Paula - You can add my name to this list of Minnesota Spyders @ Spyderfest.

If I find myself ryding solo, I'll be leaving home 6 AM on the 28th and ryde all 600 miles in one day.
If a Minnesota group solidifies with intention of a mid-point layover, I would consider joining.

I've made reservations at the Days Inn (across the street from Microtel where we stayed last year). Just keeping it simple.

Paula(Butch2025)
03-16-2015, 09:41 PM
Paula - You can add my name to this list of Minnesota Spyders @ Spyderfest.

If I find myself ryding solo, I'll be leaving home 6 AM on the 28th and ryde all 600 miles in one day.
If a Minnesota group solidifies with intention of a mid-point layover, I would consider joining.

I've made reservations at the Days Inn (across the street from Microtel where we stayed last year). Just keeping it simple.

Glad to hear you will be going again this year! There's been talk from others about wanting to ride in a group, so hopefully you all can coordinate that. We can't leave until I get off work on the 28th so we'll be leaving around 3pm (sooner if I can leave a bit earlier!)

glen&tammy
03-30-2015, 08:21 PM
Getting excited about the fest! We are leaving Tuesday am and will stay wenesday night down by KC. Should be get to Springfield early afternoon. We are staying at the Baymont because everything was full close to the fest. We are going to head down to Branson Friday am and do some riding down there. We are going to start heading back on Sat and am thinking about cruising through the Ozarks towards St Louis.

If anyone is interested in riding down with us drop me a email gnevala@yahoo.com

Just got my new spyder sitting in the garage... Its saying "ride me"!

glen&tammy
03-30-2015, 08:30 PM
Getting excited its coming fast.

My wife and I are heading out on Tuesday and should make it to around KC or so. We should make it early afternoon to Springfield on Wenesday. We are staying at the Baymont because everything was full close to the fest. We are going to head south to branson Friday am and do some riding down there. We are going to start heading home on Saturday going throught the Qzarks and head up towards St Louis.

If anyone is interested in riding down with us drop me a email gnevala@yahoo.com or 612-702-4115

Got my brand new spyder sitting in the garage!

Paula(Butch2025)
04-16-2015, 07:43 PM
I am getting a few requests of people wanting to group up to ride down to Spyderfest.

So, If you are riding down and would like to group up with fellow Minnesotans, post here to let everyone know where you are leaving from, what day and what time you are planning on leaving and also when you are planning on coming back.

archibald609
04-17-2015, 05:01 PM
I am leaving from the Kansas area on Wednesday hope to see you guys on the road

Paula(Butch2025)
04-27-2015, 09:39 PM
Well....it's here!:clap:

A few of our Minnesota SpyderLovers are already down in Springfield and a couple more are almost there! We have a few riders that have never been to Spyderfest and several that are veterans of this great spyder get together. I can't wait to get down there and join in the fun, meet up with dear friends from all over the USA, and most likely meet some new friends too.

Don't forget to post a few photos to share with everyone too! Ride safe and see you there!