PDA

View Full Version : Tapatalk users take note!

IdahoMtnSpyder
12-12-2014, 03:51 PM
Tapatalk has just been updated to version 4.10.1. It's horrible, to say the least. Reviewers on Google Play Store and Tapatalk User forum are decrying the latest changes. If you don't like it join me in sending an email to the only email addresses I find for Tapatalk. If you haven't checked it out yet you need to.

Here is the text of the email I sent. These are the only email addresses I find for Tapatalk.com. Feel free to copy whatever portion of it you wish to use.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: admin@tapatalk.com
android@tapatalk.com

Subject: Please listen to your users

Tapatalk on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 2.0 tablet was just updated to version 4.10.1. I hate it.

Where is the "Participated" button? That feature is 90% of the reason I have enjoyed using Tapatalk. It seems to no longer be available. I must tell you I am seriously considering uninstalling Tapatalk altogether unless I can find the apk for the version before 4.10.

Why are you not paying attention to your users' opinions? There are zero, as in none, nada, less than one, 4 and 5 star ratings for version 4.10 on the Google Play Store. There is complaint after complaint on your own Tapatalk Users forum.

Please, please, roll back the changes to a previously more user friendly and usable version.

Thank you,

vided
12-12-2014, 04:01 PM
I tried this app a few months ago, didn't find it to my liking so
in the trash it went.

DrewNJ
12-12-2014, 04:20 PM
Tapatalk was Fantastic until this last update....it's frigging horrible now!

Chupaca
12-12-2014, 04:49 PM
though I did not use it much it is not doing well....I just have to wait till I get home or have my tablet where I don't use it...:banghead:

DrewNJ
12-12-2014, 06:18 PM
They just changed it again....still horrible. Don't they realize that most people scroll with their right hand?? The topics are also on the right so it's hard to see the topics as you scroll. Also why does the topic band need to be so damn large. To much scrolling!

Tapatalk needs to get back to the basics. Less graphics, more text...

jcthorne
12-13-2014, 09:55 AM
I gave up on taptalk years ago. It was useful when tablets and phones were underpowered and had poor network bandwidth, neither are true today. Just use the regular web site in Chrome on my android devices. Works exactly the same on PC, tablet and phone. Taptalk and aps like it for simplifying web site content are just not needed anymore.

Now if we can get Lamonster to change the forum configuration to not ask me to install taptalk every time I log in via android would be much appreciated. Once is enough. And yes, it is a forum setting, not taptalk. Been through this on other forums.

wyliec
12-13-2014, 10:24 AM
Now if we can get Lamonster to change the forum configuration to not ask me to install taptalk every time I log in via android would be much appreciated. Once is enough. And yes, it is a forum setting, not taptalk. Been through this on other forums.

Thank you!

IdahoMtnSpyder
12-13-2014, 10:56 AM
I gave up on taptalk years ago. It was useful when tablets and phones were underpowered and had poor network bandwidth, neither are true today. Just use the regular web site in Chrome on my android devices. Works exactly the same on PC, tablet and phone. Taptalk and aps like it for simplifying web site content are just not needed anymore.
Isn't the first time advances in technology killed the value of software. Remember back in the good old days of DOS? Quarterdeck came out with DESQview which was a "multitasking" manager program. It allowed you to have multiple DOS programs open at the same time and task switch among them without having to close and restart each one. It survived well into the life of Windows 3.0, IIRC, as Win 3.0 was unstable in its task switching ability. Win 1, if it ever was released, and Win 2 were disasters. Again, IIRC, true multitasking didn't come about until Win 95, but Win 3.1 was good enough at task switching that DESQview disappeared. Hardware advances were key to its success.

IdahoMtnSpyder
12-14-2014, 02:46 AM
I think I got their attention, at least to some degree. The message I posted on the Tapatalk users forum raising this issue, and the poll I had in the thread, were deleted as was my user account! That is a first for me, being booted off a forum. Somebody inside Tapatalk had to have gotten the message that many, many, users are truly unhappy. Don't have any idea if it'll prompt any changes, but at least someone now knows.

IdahoMtnSpyder
12-15-2014, 03:50 PM
Apparently it was a TT response to a security breach, not the negative tone, that got my ID and posting deleted. I guess they deleted everything from the past few days. I'm back on the TT forum.

I found a solution to the issue of the botched up user interface. I deleted version 4.10.1, found and downloaded the apk for version 4.9.5, and installed it. Then you need to go your app list at the Play Store and uncheck automatic updates in order to keep Google from downloading the crap version without asking.

DrewNJ
12-15-2014, 04:49 PM
Where did you find the older version? Thanks!

wyliec
12-15-2014, 05:05 PM
Where did you find the older version? Thanks!

http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/tapatalk-inc/tapatalk/tapatalk-4-9-5-apk/

DrewNJ
12-15-2014, 05:06 PM
Just did it. Back to normal. Thanks!

M109Dreamer
12-15-2014, 11:16 PM
I haven't noticed any difference in the update. What was the big change?

I looked and I still have the participated button on the side.

IdahoMtnSpyder
12-16-2014, 12:35 AM
I haven't noticed any difference in the update. What was the big change?

I looked and I still have the participated button on the side.
Which version do you have? There was big change from 4.9.5 to 4.10.1. It's hard to explain but you have to really look and poke around in 4.10.1 to find the forums, subforums, and read and unread lists. Participated button is under the @ symbol. Do you have a huge banner at the top of the forum page? If not, you're not on 4.10.1.

M109Dreamer
12-16-2014, 08:41 AM
Which version do you have? There was big change from 4.9.5 to 4.10.1. It's hard to explain but you have to really look and poke around in 4.10.1 to find the forums, subforums, and read and unread lists. Participated button is under the @ symbol. Do you have a huge banner at the top of the forum page? If not, you're not on 4.10.1.
Ok I just looked and it says Im on 4.9.5 version. I guess it didn't update automatically on mine for some reason. I guess thats a good thing then.

IdahoMtnSpyder
12-16-2014, 10:05 AM
Ok I just looked and it says Im on 4.9.5 version. I guess it didn't update automatically on mine for some reason. I guess thats a good thing then.
Be happy you have been spared agony!

I just read on another forum the admin there has joined the unhappy chorus!

Pirate looks at --
12-16-2014, 10:10 AM
Always seemed like a pointless app anyway!

DrewNJ
12-16-2014, 12:33 PM
Always seemed like a pointless app anyway!
Tapatalk makes it really easy to navigate multiple forums and not have to do a lot of scrolling or pinching to change sizes. Easy to add photos etc etc. also, It also loads faster when your in those sketchy coverage areas.
they ruined it with 4.10 but now back on 4.9 all is good again

Trbayth
12-16-2014, 01:35 PM
http://www.apkmirror.com/apk/tapatalk-inc/tapatalk/tapatalk-4-9-5-apk/

Please be careful downloading APK's from sources other than the Play Store. It's ridiculously easy to de-compile Android APK's, add new "features" that you probably don't want, and repackage them.

Most of the reputation Android gets for malware and viruses comes from APK's sourced from someplace other than the Google Play Store or Amazon App Store.

Trb--

M109Dreamer
12-17-2014, 11:52 PM
Be happy you have been spared agony!

I just read on another forum the admin there has joined the unhappy chorus!
Well I spoke to soon. Damn TapaTalk just updated on my phone. Man what a PITA update. So can anyone tell me how I can go back to the previous version?

IdahoMtnSpyder
12-18-2014, 02:04 AM
Well I spoke to soon. Damn TapaTalk just updated on my phone. Man what a PITA update. So can anyone tell me how I can go back to the previous version?
Go to Play Store and uncheck auto updates in settings for Tapatalk. Then uninstall TT. Find the apk for version 4.9.5, apkmirror is one often mentioned, download and install it. You'll have to give the phone permission to install an app from an unknown source. Double check on PS that auto update stayed unchecked. It did for me.

M109Dreamer
12-18-2014, 08:34 AM
Go to Play Store and uncheck auto updates in settings for Tapatalk. Then uninstall TT. Find the apk for version 4.9.5, apkmirror is one often mentioned, download and install it. You'll have to give the phone permission to install an app from an unknown source. Double check on PS that auto update stayed unchecked. It did for me.
Thanks Ill give it a try.

M109Dreamer
12-18-2014, 02:30 PM
Well I was able to convert back to the previous version. Some people that have the "good idea fairy" really shouldnt be let out of their basement.
What a gigantic PITA the update is.

IdahoMtnSpyder
12-31-2014, 11:59 AM
The crap version of Tapatalk has now been rolled out to the iOS community. :( If you use an Apple device turn off auto updates until you decide if you want to plunge into the cesspool or not. iOS users, join the chorus at the Tapatalk Community who are having a virtual burning at the stake of the TT developers. :yikes:

The vitriol that is being heaped upon the TT developers over in the TapaTalk Community makes posts here that can get you banned read like teenagers' bashing of each other!