PDA

View Full Version : dropped off my F3 goodies at the dealership yesterday

vondalyn
12-11-2014, 10:27 AM
Had to pick up the RT from its 30000 mile service and the dealership asked me to bring in all the stuff that I want them to install on the F3. I dropped off my powerlet outlet and the TricLed safety package.

It finally feels like it's getting closer! Can't wait.

Purple Guy
12-11-2014, 11:48 AM
When are you expected to take delivery?

Chupaca
12-11-2014, 12:48 PM
sounds promising...hope yours is an early delivery...:clap::clap:

vondalyn
12-11-2014, 01:03 PM
They still say January but they don't know any more detail than that. They did say that BRP would send them an email telling them when it's on the truck headed towards Colorado, so once they get that they'll contact me.

ARtraveler
12-11-2014, 01:06 PM
The wait always seems long, but it will be worth it when you fire up the engine for the first time. :yes::yes::yes:

Copperman
12-11-2014, 01:16 PM
Had to pick up the RT from its 30000 mile service and the dealership asked me to bring in all the stuff that I want them to install on the F3. I dropped off my powerlet outlet and the TricLed safety package.

It finally feels like it's getting closer! Can't wait.

saying it was on its way there. That's a lot of money, in parts, sitting around waiting for your bike to come in. I hope they documented what parts you left with them in case they grow feet and walk away.

Good luck.

vondalyn
12-11-2014, 02:14 PM
we joked about that -- they're all sealed up in a bag in the service manager's office. We have at least 4 witnesses. I'm a "regular" at this dealership, and we've established some trust there. This is even coming from me, not a very trusting person.

ARtraveler
12-11-2014, 02:38 PM
we joked about that -- they're all sealed up in a bag in the service manager's office. We have at least 4 witnesses. I'm a "regular" at this dealership, and we've established some trust there. This is even coming from me, not a very trusting person.

Stuff does happen. When I traded my Kawi Vulcan 900 off on the 2011 RT, I had a custom seat on it. They also got the original seat back with it.

When they sold the Kawi, they could not find the OEM seat, and thought I still had it. I am also one of their well known and "best" customers.

PrairieSpyder
12-11-2014, 03:04 PM
Even with a dealer you have a good relationship with, I'd get a receipt if you want the parts for your new Spyder.

Colin
12-11-2014, 05:19 PM
I was under the impression the F3 already had 3 power outlets on them, one up front, one under riders seat and one under passengers seat. But stand to be corrected :)

GunDoctor
12-11-2014, 10:02 PM
I also was told there are three outlet connection plugs...what is the deal?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vondalyn
12-12-2014, 10:34 AM
There may be 3 power outlets already. I only knew of the one up front and the one under the passenger seat, so the 3rd one is news to me :)

I'm not sure what the power outlets are able to do. I'm assuming they're like the current RT outlet in the back storage, where it's connected to a low amp fuse and designed to charge a phone. It seems like the one that I saw under the passenger seat looked like a USB port and was designed for charging cell phones/electronics when the seat was replaced with one of the storage compartments. It's been awhile since I looked at the videos and pictures...

The powerlet outlet that I'm having installed is smaller than a cigarette lighter, and is 15amps for my heated gear. It's the actual "Powerlet" brand. There are tons of adapters for it. I even have a cigarette size adapter for it and on the RT, I carried a small air compressor that I could plug into it. Not so much storage on the F3, so we'll see what I end up carrying.