PDA

View Full Version : Motorcyclist Wheelies in on coming traffic while police in pursuit

trev0006
12-10-2014, 05:30 PM
This is just nuts.

http://www.dpccars.com/gallery/var/resizes/Motorcyclist-Wheelies-in-on-coming-traffic-while-police-in-pursuit/Motorcyclist%20Wheelies%20in%20on%20coming%20traff ic%20while%20police%20in%20pursuit%20-%2001.jpg (http://www.dpccars.com/gallery/index.php/Motorcyclist-Wheelies-in-on-coming-traffic-while-police-in-pursuit)

from the article:
"A group of stunt riders performing extreme freestyle motorcycle stunts and tricks on public street's and highway's get the attention of law enforcement. Police chase a large group of bikers running from the cops. In the end police finally give up because chasing bikes for minor traffic violations is not worth the risk of the public."

pictures, video, and full article (http://www.dpccars.com/gallery/index.php/Motorcyclist-Wheelies-in-on-coming-traffic-while-police-in-pursuit)

Bob Denman
12-10-2014, 05:47 PM
:gaah: :wrong:

jerpinoy
12-10-2014, 05:50 PM
One way one to eliminate stupid mc riders is to to let them bring death to themselves.:banghead: Cops did the right thing not to pursue. They can always take the plate numbers and video and present to the court.

arntufun
12-10-2014, 06:29 PM
One way one to eliminate stupid mc riders is to to let them bring death to themselves.:banghead: Cops did the right thing not to pursue. They can always take the plate numbers and video and present to the court.

Cops were on HD's........... They had no choice but not pursue. Those HD MC cops are just for show, they can't actually keep up with todays cycles in a pursuit.

Those days where Ponch and John saved the day on the show CHIP'S are long gone, along with the Ford Pinto. :roflblack::roflblack:

vided
12-10-2014, 07:08 PM
Total jerks.
cops were right in calling letting them go. And their rides had nothing to do with it, it's all about public safety

ARtraveler
12-10-2014, 07:34 PM
:agree: x 2.

Siara
12-11-2014, 02:21 AM
Total jerks.
cops were right in calling letting them go. And their rides had nothing to do with it, it's all about public safety

I agree that it's all about public safety. Don't act crazy on the road, find somewhere safe to practise your 'tricks' and all that stuff. I don't understand why the police just let it be though. I wouldn't call that a minor traffic violation...

They'll chase you to the end of the world to ticket you but if you actually endanger the safety of others then you get let off the hook? Odd...

Bob Denman
12-11-2014, 08:30 AM
Cops were on HD's........... They had no choice but not pursue. Those HD MC cops are just for show, they can't actually keep up with todays cycles in a pursuit.

Those days where Ponch and John saved the day on the show CHIP'S are long gone, along with the Ford Pinto. :roflblack::roflblack:

Weren't Ponch and John on Kawasakis? :dontknow:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
12-11-2014, 08:53 AM
what if the guys cause an accident, then the cops would be blamed for not pursuing, i always thought you can't out run
radio

arntufun
12-11-2014, 10:53 AM
Weren't Ponch and John on Kawasakis? :dontknow:

Is there a difference ????? :coffee:

Bob Denman
12-11-2014, 11:35 AM
There is; if you own a Kawasaki...
Just ask an owner! :D

ARtraveler
12-11-2014, 01:35 PM
Is there a difference ????? :coffee:

The Kawi Police specials were very fast. They even had an auto tranny version. The KZ 1000 was so fast that I was scared of them back in the day (1978) or so. I ended up buying a Kawi 650/4. My other choice that time was a BMW 650.

Bob Denman
12-11-2014, 01:54 PM
Fast?? :D
We have an original Z-1 Turbo; right here in Grahamsville... :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

less than 40,000 miles on it.
(Been re-built 5 times; it likes to blow-up about every 7,000 miles or so... :banghead:)

Talk about scary-fast... :yikes:

arntufun
12-11-2014, 02:01 PM
I have to admit, I still watch re runs from time to time........ :opps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk0esAgO-zE

Bob Denman
12-11-2014, 02:13 PM
I actually dated a girl in College; whose brother was one of the set designers
Look him up: "Kroesser" was the last name...

She was a real sweet kid; now I understand why she broke up with me!

ARtraveler
12-11-2014, 04:21 PM
I have to admit, I still watch re runs from time to time........ :opps:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gk0esAgO-zE

I see they are running manual tranny's in the intro here.

jScotD
12-11-2014, 07:43 PM
couldn't get it to work.. got tired of pressing forwards.. I'll take your word on the insanity..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ok.. finally hit the right button.. saw it... wasn't that impressed.. doesn't take that much speed to do a wheelie and hold it there.. especially if you know what your doing...and from the sound of the engine.. it wasn't very fast..he was feathering it to keep the wheel up..

and speaking of kows.. went on a cross country trip with a guy on a 900 with kerker exhaust with no baffles.. I was ready to kill him by the time we got back to Houston.. no wonder my hearing stayed out west

jwulf74
12-11-2014, 08:27 PM

:joke:

jScotD
12-11-2014, 10:31 PM
I was headed to a bar on my motorcycle... 0n a back road to play some pool and have a few..

I lived real close on those back roads I called home

seems there were a couple of LEOS (county GuYs) hanging out there too .. it was around 10 pm

vRoOm.. they turned around to take chase.. I wasn't going tHAT FAST .. or close enough to call it that

there were 2 bars side by side there.. one had pool tables.. the other had a country band

I decided to have a little fun

they pulled into the lot side by side to talk about that motorcycle that disappeared , Im certain..

I pulled in between them and said "you looking for me?"

They started laughing and said "yea" "do you know how fast you were going?"

I said 'yea' they laughed again and told me to take care.. I said I will do my best

and I went and played pool, swilled a few , and they went their directions

and I went home 6 miles away an hour or so later