PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P Jean Beliveau.

Netminder
12-10-2014, 02:57 PM
We lost a great hockey player and gentleman last week. His funeral is in Montreal right now. Just wanted to say R.I.P Jean Beliveau.

Purple Guy
12-10-2014, 03:01 PM
A real class act! RIP Jean.

spydaman60
12-10-2014, 03:06 PM
a real class act!! a man who played hockey for the love of the game, and not the money. a true gentlemen's gentleman! rip john!! :pray::pray:

cognaccruiser
12-10-2014, 03:27 PM
I grew up in Montreal and was fortunate to go to games once in a while and watch "Big" Jean and the other great players of the era. He always was one of the classy players on and off the ice. I didn't appreciate just how great hockey was then.
I know it amounts to treason as a Canadian, but I've lost all interest in Hockey in the last dozen years. Too many of the players are not there for the love of the game but rather the big contracts.
R.I.P. Jean.
Sadly Gordie Howe isn't doing well either.

Gary

Netminder
12-10-2014, 03:32 PM
I grew up in Montreal and was fortunate to go to games once in a while and watch "Big" Jean and the other great players of the era. He always was one of the classy players on and off the ice. I didn't appreciate just how great hockey was then.
I know it amounts to treason as a Canadian, but I've lost all interest in Hockey in the last dozen years. Too many of the players are not there for the love of the game but rather the big contracts.
R.I.P. Jean.
Sadly Gordie Howe isn't doing well either.

Gary
I still love hockey, but it was a different game back then for the reasons you mentioned! There was nothing like watching Jean, Yvon, Serge and the rest of the boys on hockey night in Canada!:thumbup::thumbup:

spydaman60
12-10-2014, 03:42 PM
I still love hockey, but it was a different game back then for the reasons you mentioned! There was nothing like watching Jean, Yvon, Serge and the rest of the boys on hockey night in Canada!:thumbup::thumbup:back in the 60's when I was in high school in northern new hampshire, I had a friend who's uncle was jc trombley. one night when we were out skating and playing hockey on the outdoor rink in town, who should get out of his car but jc himself. donned his skates and gave us a clinic. even though I had always been a bruins fan, that man really made me like the canadiens. that era of hockey players were some different than todays. what an expeience. one I will never forget!! :thumbup:

ARtraveler
12-10-2014, 04:27 PM
RIP. :yes::yes: