PDA

View Full Version : Any advice would be helpful

madozier
10-25-2008, 09:53 PM
Hi, I'm Mark and I live in Tupelo, Ms and yes that is the birthplace of Elvis "The Pelvis" Presley.

So I'm thinking of getting a Full moon SM5 in the Spring and I am looking for any advice as to purchasing:
Delivery times
Mods
any luck negotiating price

This will be my 1st bike since I was a younger adult and I will be using it to get my motorcycle endorsement.

Why a syder? Because it looks like a good medium-long range touring bike with less learning curve than a 2 wheeler.

Any advice will be helpful. Thanks

BeRight
10-25-2008, 10:05 PM
Dealers are allowed to stock now, so for many there is no waiting time. Price is of course negotiable (MSRP is listed). I would suggest checking out your local dealers and get a feel for the land. You might even get a better deal now, rather than the spring:dontknow:

effgjamis
10-26-2008, 08:41 AM
You will find a wealth of information on this site in reference to the spyder :spyder:. Both good and some issues, but you must realize that we all are a bit protective of our love for the :spyder:.
I find this site very very informative, educational and with alot of cool funny things like graphics...:clap:
so...... :thumbup: :spyder::firstplace::yes::yes::yes::yes:

Greg H.
10-26-2008, 08:43 AM
welcome Just come on up to Memphis, and see the great guys at FRS Powersports! :thumbup:

http://www.frspowersports.com/

zzneonzz
10-26-2008, 09:13 AM
Here is a second for the guys at FRS Power Sports here in Memphis. they will take good care of ya. They usually install mods for free if you get them prior to taking delivery and they even stock most BRP Accessories. I was there yesterday and they even have the new Billet accessories in stock.

AS for mods. I have a long list of mods i want and several that i have. I have the BRP 1" riser, Seat Cowl (recomend changing the wait its held on if you purchase), Trunk Liner, Kuryakyn ISO Grips w/Throttle boss, 5" Kewlmetar pullback bars, Kewlmetal console, and Ipod.

Of the mods i have the grips/bars made the biggest difference and after havign them i don't know how i ever managed to ride without them.

There is an even longer list of mods i want to get :-)

I didn't have any luck negotiating price but i'm sure if dealers have them sitting on the floor you might be able to negotiate the price.

Delivery Times depend a lot on if the dealer has already placed orders for inventory. FRS Has been having about a 3-4 month wait in the past on getting them in but they have had some that they recieved within 2 weeks or so.

madozier
10-26-2008, 02:50 PM
Thanks for the replies.

We have a new dealer 40 miles away and I am going to check with them first since they will be servicing the spyder for me. But I plan to checkout FRS. I was thinking since the spyders are selling so good it will be difficult to negotiate a price.

Are there many spyder owners in the mid-south?

Other than the issue with the Electric shift on the SE5s, what are some other issues I need to be aware of?

zzneonzz
10-26-2008, 06:53 PM
To my knowlege we have about 15-20 in Memphis area alone. I know 3 others besides myself.

The only issue i have had is the fact i go through about 20+ gallons of gas a week on it the spyder doesn't like to sit still :D

Arachnid
10-26-2008, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the replies.
Are there many spyder owners in the mid-south?

Other than the issue with the Electric shift on the SE5s, what are some other issues I need to be aware of?

Hi madozier, & Welcome!!!!!!!
I am over here in Arkansas (Hot Springs) I have an SE5 and have no issues with it at all, you just have to get used to the way it does and your fine.

You might get them to budge a little on price but Spyders are a pretty hot item now. I know they are boosting the price a bit for 2009. Maybe you can get one at the 2008 price if you hurry.

Hope this helps.
Mike

BeRight
10-26-2008, 07:44 PM
North Carolina dealer(s) are selling $500 below MSRP.

With todays economy tanking and continuing to tank, you will see good deals on Spyder's.

You might also want to consider used-some good used deals around, with bike still under warranty.

Smylinacha
10-26-2008, 08:20 PM
welcome You'll love the :spyder:! Well the only difference I see is it doesn't lean and you don't have to put your feet down. Other than that, shifts like a bike, goes as fast as a bike and you still gotta have that defensive driving skill thang going on.
I went from 2 wheels to the :spyder:and I love it. But then I love anything that goes! Two wheels, three wheels, four wheels, I'm not picky!:2thumbs: