PDA

View Full Version : F3 Test Ride Friday Goodyear AZ

cheska
12-06-2014, 11:21 PM
Last Friday my wife and I test drove the F3. We have never owned a spyder. But we both ride motorcycles. I have ridden for over
50 years and have owned both sidecar units and traditional trike units. We have rode past years spyders. My wife is 5'2" and was set up in position 1 with the pegs. I am 5'6" and was set up with position 3 on the pegs. They were unable to reset the handlebars.
We both would have liked the bars moved closer to to us. We also thought that position 2 on the pegs might fit us both better.
Both of us felt comfortable in the seat. We went from city streets to country bypasses and a final end of ride on the interstate.
All I can say is WOW this bike is terrific. Can Am has hit a home run. We will be purchasing a F3. (Hopefuly 2)

Now I read this forum almost daily and read the posts from the OLD TIMERS who have negative feelings bout the F3.
I feel this is the best Spyder to date and remember it is a motorcycle so if luggage capacity and a trailer are a must have, then maybe you should pass. But this new spyder will bring in new riders. So enjoy what you ride but be careful of taking a test ride on a F3 because you may get hooked. I thank you for being able to give my opinion about a great new product. See you on the road soon.

den1953
12-07-2014, 06:48 AM
I doubt there will be any demo truck in Northwestern Ohio, especially this time of year. I am waiting on my dealer to get one even if it's just to sit on in his showroom during the Winter. I'm six feet tall and about 215 pounds with a 31 inch inseam so maybe the #4 or #5 peg position for me. Not sure about the handlebars though. Maybe I'll get to test ride one of his this coming Spring.

Bob Denman
12-07-2014, 10:23 AM
Glad to hear that you both really liked it! :clap: :2thumbs:
Please let us know how things progress, as you get closer to owning them! :thumbup: