PDA

View Full Version : Rodney Dangerfield Syndrome

Buggy
12-06-2014, 09:56 PM
"I get no Respect". Went to a bike night in Plant City Florida tonight. I was shunned and ignored by the mostly Harley crowd. Oh well....at least the venders would take my money!roflmao

It was a beautiful night...75 degrees..for an evening ride with my lovely.

Cheers

DJFaninTN
12-06-2014, 10:01 PM
"I get no Respect". Went to a bike night in Plant City Florida tonight. I was shunned and ignored by the mostly Harley crowd. Oh well....at least the venders would take my money!roflmao

Cheers

it's funny but when a lot of Harley riders are all bunched up together like a covey of quail, sometimes they act like you don't exist. But ... if there are just a few of them or lord knows if they are single riders, they will come over and talk your ear off.

I don't get it why they act like that and I really don't let it bother me either.

GunDoctor
12-07-2014, 01:56 AM
Did you ever watch Grease when John Travolta was around his buddies he was an ass towards Oliva Newton John, but by himself, he was all about her.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Chupaca
12-07-2014, 02:16 AM
you handled it well. Don't let it get to you they have to keep face. If you find one who will talk to you the rest will come along. If not no love lost..:thumbup: they aren't worth it... But it is true their attitude changes by the number present...:thumbup:

Eagle1
12-07-2014, 07:33 AM
We had planned to go to plant city last night, but had signed on to do a local Christmas parade. Tossing out beads and candy, we had almost as much fun as the kids. :clap: If you want to do a ryde pm me, maybe we will get together.

Bob Denman
12-07-2014, 09:52 AM
:D You DID mention him... :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=Iwu-6GxBHN4

Buggy
12-07-2014, 12:02 PM
We had planned to go to plant city last night, but had signed on to do a local Christmas parade. Tossing out beads and candy, we had almost as much fun as the kids. :clap: If you want to do a ryde pm me, maybe we will get together.

Maybe if I was tossing them beads and candy they would have been friendlier :roflblack:

Bob Denman
12-07-2014, 03:08 PM
Maybe; maybe not...
It's tough to tell what a herd of sheep are gonna do... :D

rgk
12-07-2014, 03:48 PM

Cheers

I would be far more concerned if the pirates had something good to say.

ARtraveler
12-07-2014, 05:30 PM
I look at the situation as being their loss and not mine. Too snobby to talk to me, that's cool. :yes:

Bob Denman
12-07-2014, 05:53 PM
:agree: It's always more fun to listen to what the voices in my head are saying! :shocked: :2thumbs:

oldguyinTX
12-08-2014, 09:57 AM
it's funny but when a lot of Harley riders are all bunched up together like a covey of quail, sometimes they act like you don't exist. But ... if there are just a few of them or lord knows if they are single riders, they will come over and talk your ear off.

I don't get it why they act like that and I really don't let it bother me either.

THE "HERD MENTALITY"

Bob Denman
12-08-2014, 10:03 AM
So; you've also, heard of herds... :D

And that's no Bull... :D

spydermyke990
12-18-2014, 07:56 PM
I've gotten the cold shoulder a few times when I've pulled in to a gas station to fill up or for a break... I'd get a few people now and then come up and ask questions, usually then people in cages, some older Harley, metric cruiser,or other riders who appreciate that I'm just another rider out there enjoying the ride, just like everyone else. Usually it's the younger riders, either the "big bad**** biker" crowd, BMW adventure or the Mach-1 crotch rocket who seem to give me the cold shoulder , non-waiving, or just plain ignorant hostility.

Rockwall
12-18-2014, 08:46 PM
Too bad you couldn't race the Harley's on the way home. They would have seen how cool Spyders look from the back!:doorag:

bmccaffrey
12-18-2014, 08:50 PM
I enjoy the ride and what i ride:yes:

Don't care what others think:ohyea:

JerryB
12-18-2014, 09:31 PM
Hi bmc

Re: I enjoy the ride and what i ride:yes: Don't care what others think:ohyea:

^^^^^^^ This.

Sort of like a wife, 'I don't care what others think. I enjoy . . . . '

Jerry Baumchen

PCBeachBum
12-19-2014, 04:21 PM
December 7th was the Toys 4 Tots run and out of about 500 riders, 3 of us had Spyders. My friends all ride Harley's and all have praised me in getting back to riding and most know if they want to continue riding when they get older, a Spyder could be in their future. Most are impressed with the power and know that the Rotax engine is one of the best made.

Yes! I did get some crap from a few that came up to me about it and opening my wallet, I just showed them my DAV card and two of my friends who are also Vets asked if they had any other questions? Both of which served with SF's and one rode a Harley trike and told these guys to try it before you knock it.

So don't take it personally! There are jerks no matter where you go and 99.9% of the time I pay no attention to them.

Bob Denman
12-19-2014, 09:23 PM
Your friends will always be happy for your choice to get back in the winds...

...Who cares what anybody else thinks or says? :D

Buggy
12-19-2014, 10:19 PM
I find the reactions curious but I truely don't care. I could have bought any trike I wanted but I chose the best and I am super happy with the choice I made. And yes you are right my Harley Buddies are just happy to see me back.

Cheers

Bob Denman
12-20-2014, 07:20 AM
I had a friend who owned a Yamaha dealership. He also had a weekend place right on the Old Forge snowmobile trail system.
He invited us up for a weekend of snow-flattening, and I asked him what he'd tell his other friends about us; we rode Polaris.
"No problem", he says, "I'll just tell them that your ignorant, and don't know any better."
Friends can always joke with one another! :thumbup: