PDA

View Full Version : Meguiar's Quik Detailer Spray? Is it safe for our Spyder's plastic panels?

Greg H.
10-25-2008, 06:50 AM
I use this on my Nissan Frontier, and my Wife's Mazda Protege. So, I was thinking about using it on my Spyder.

This, of course, brings up the topic of the use of regular Meguiar's waxes on our Spyders.

I'm going to go check the labels. But, I bet these products are safe.

sleepman
10-25-2008, 07:53 AM
Well I hope it's safe, I've been using it on the Spyder since I bought it.

Magic Man
10-25-2008, 08:29 AM
I too love this product! :2thumbs:

I have a bottle in the trunk of my Spyder for the quick touch up. We also use it at the rallies to remove any prints after we finish a bike.

It works GREAT and is very reasonably priced. Another good thing is it is available almost everywhere, from Walmart to local auto parts stores. :thumbup:

MM

ingramwc
10-25-2008, 08:34 AM
I've been using this stuff for several years on all types of surfaces. I have not seen any ill effects. It is good stuff! :2thumbs:

Smylinacha
10-25-2008, 09:35 AM
I think HDX has some in the garage but I can't touch anything unless I ask his permission ;). I use the Honda spray and it keeps it pretty clean. That is mine and I'm allowed to use it!:yes: Everything else in the garage, cept for the Spyder and the car wash bucket & broom is off limits to me.

SpyderDog65
10-25-2008, 09:46 AM
I've used it before but now i got the good stuff. get yourself a aersol spray can of this stuff called Spritz its a blue can probably get it at a motorcylcle or boat dealer its made for plastic :) my can am dealer turned me onto it :)

Spyderman62
10-25-2008, 12:07 PM
Why use a product made for plastic, when the panels are painted? Wouldn't a paint protection product ie wax or... be better for cleaning and protection of the paint itself? I agree a plastic product would be better if the panels were molded in color like my Buell was, but...Just curious.

spydeebike
10-25-2008, 03:46 PM
its plastic, anything works

jedd
10-25-2008, 09:06 PM
I like it, but theres one I use sold locallly called Pro-Way Super Polish this stuff is awesome and last through rainstorms, I've mentioned this market to the manufacturer and they're very open to someone dealing it. If anyone is interested.

Roaddog2
10-25-2008, 09:10 PM
I think HDX has some in the garage but I can't touch anything unless I ask his permission ;). I use the Honda spray and it keeps it pretty clean. That is mine and I'm allowed to use it!:yes: Everything else in the garage, cept for the Spyder and the car wash bucket & broom is off limits to me.Grow a set :doorag: