PDA

View Full Version : Be careful of the electric fence

PrairieSpyder
12-05-2014, 10:25 AM
http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/webkit-fake-url://0f814cfa-4ee5-4503-8b15-b416e46621ea/imagejpeg

http://www.tickld.com/pic/t/1087367

Bob Denman
12-05-2014, 10:32 AM
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflb lack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack: :clap: :2thumbs:

Cruzr Joe
12-05-2014, 10:35 AM
OUCH

vided
12-05-2014, 10:45 AM
Shocking. :roflblack::roflblack:

Chupaca
12-05-2014, 10:46 AM
not crazy about electric fences, to much can go wrong. But the old rule measure twice cut once comes to mind. After working with electrics back home where they use 220 you learn quickly not to touch!! throw something at it first...:roflblack:

JkRbbt
12-05-2014, 10:49 AM
A lesson that pretty much every farm child learns along the way!!!! :yikes:

Bob Denman
12-05-2014, 11:22 AM
:agree: Peeing on an electric fence "To see what happens", is a time-honored right of passage! :thumbup:

mowin
12-05-2014, 11:24 AM
We were in Maine to bear hunt, and were staying overnight at my buddys friends place in Patton ME before the last leg of the trip. He has a converted school bus next to his horse pasture with a electric fence to keep bears out of the pasture. After a few cocktails, Sonny had to relieve himself, and by the sound of the scream/groaning, you would have thought a bear got ahold of him. None of us knew the fence was live until Sonny tested it out

cuznjohn
12-05-2014, 01:29 PM
this cow is waiting for the farmer to turn his electric fence on

Bob Denman
12-05-2014, 01:46 PM
:roflblack::roflblack::roflblack::roflblack:

That horse must have lost SOME bet... :shocked:

Bfromla
12-05-2014, 11:27 PM
Mad dad (master electrician) & i have discussed the effective but fire hazard electric rat trap.: basic instructions: 1 cheap or damaged extension cord, unplug & cut the female end of cord (not the end goes into wall) separate the wires attach one (white 1) to sheet of foil 1foot square, then apply lump of peanut butter to other wire (black 1) & suspend over the foil by 6-8 inches. Then check if area is safe (no dogs or kids) & plug cord in. The victim rat will stand on foil to reach peanut butter & complete circuit & get fried[emoji298]️. Proper wired structures the breaker will trip in good time frame less u got mutant rats.

(I hope im not inspiring trouble here)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Harvey
12-05-2014, 11:36 PM
For Old Times Sake

An elderly couple were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary, so they decided to return to the little town where they first met. They sat in a small coffee shop in the town and were telling the waitress about their love for each other and how they met at this same spot. Sitting next to them was the local cop and he smiled as the old couple spoke. After the waitress left the table, the old man said to his wife, 'Remember the first time we made love, it was up in that field across the road, when I put you against the fence. Why don't we do it again for old times sake?' The wife giggled like crazy and said, 'Sure, why not.' So off they went out the door and across to the field. The cop smiled to himself, thinking how romantic this was and decided he better keep an eye on the couple so they didn't run into any harm. The old couple walked to the field and as they approached the fence they began to undress. The old man picked up his wife when they were naked and leaned her against the fence. The cop was watching from the bushes and was surprised at what he saw. With the vitality of youth, the wife bounced up and down excitedly, while the husband thrashed around like a wild man, then they both fell to the ground in exhaustion. Eventually, they stood up,shook themselves, and got dressed. As they walked back towards the road, the cop stepped from his hiding spot and said, 'That is the most wonderful love making I have ever seen. You must have been a wild couple when you were young.' 'not really,' said the old man, 'when we were young, that fence wasn't electric.'

Peter Aawen
12-06-2014, 12:57 AM
I do find the OP attachment a tad hard to believe..... :(

I've never been able to get one of those cheapie Briggs & Stratton mower engines to run long enough to have that sort of trouble!! :yikes: Now a heart attack while attempting to start the mower & getting a kick start from the fence.... THAT I could believe! :joke:

retread
12-06-2014, 09:11 AM
Mad dad (master electrician) & i have discussed the effective but fire hazard electric rat trap.: basic instructions: 1 cheap or damaged extension cord, unplug & cut the female end of cord (not the end goes into wall) separate the wires attach one (white 1) to sheet of foil 1foot square, then apply lump of peanut butter to other wire (black 1) & suspend over the foil by 6-8 inches. Then check if area is safe (no dogs or kids) & plug cord in. The victim rat will stand on foil to reach peanut butter & complete circuit & get fried[emoji298]️. Proper wired structures the breaker will trip in good time frame less u got mutant rats.

(I hope im not inspiring trouble here)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We used ignition transformers (from gas fired furnaces) set up the same way. Didn't trip breakers, but we had to put up warning signs to keep the curious safe.

john

Bob Denman
12-06-2014, 03:59 PM
Electro-Fry them... This sounds like it could make for an afternoon of laughter! :2thumbs:

Bob Denman
12-06-2014, 06:21 PM
:shocked:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=OtJmVDoY904

:D :2thumbs:

satownsendsr
12-08-2014, 08:03 PM
Okay, I know I'm not the sharpest tack in the bag. Can someone please tell me what "roflblack" stands for? I get the "rolling on floor laughing" part.