PDA

View Full Version : Echo effect from radio speakers

charles_1947
12-04-2014, 11:25 PM
I put a Sena dongel on my 2014 rts and when I turn volume up on radio, I get echo effect from speakers and bluetooth head sets? Any one know w to turn speakers off?

BLUEKNIGHT911
12-04-2014, 11:39 PM
I put a Sena dongel on my 2014 rts and when I turn volume up on radio, I get echo effect from speakers and bluetooth head sets? Any one know w to turn speakers off?
You can either turn the radio off.....or mute the speakers................if you hold the volume switch ( lowering the sound ) the speakers will go mute .....Mike :thumbup:

Bob Denman
12-05-2014, 08:45 AM
I think that if you go to the Preferences Screen, there's an option under the audio section that'll deal with this issue...
(But I've never had an official reason to look for it... :opps:)
Please let us know what you find; good luck! :thumbup:

shelbydave
12-05-2014, 09:03 AM
There are a couple ways to deal with this - Mine's a 2012, so I hope not too much has changed - If you go into the menu, go to Audio settings, there is an option to turn off the external speakers.

The other way that I use is to just turn the volume all the way down to the lowest setting for the speakers. on my 2012, the volume control doesn't affect the bluetooth, however, the last setting will also mute the Bluetooth. So I go all the way to mute, then bump it up one. That makes the speakers low enough that they can't be heard while riding, but allows the music in my helmet. This way if I grab my 1/2 helmet, I can just turn up the volume without having to go through the menu to turn on the speakers.

JayBros
12-05-2014, 09:54 AM
​If you go into the preferences screen to the audio section in the middle column there is a setting for external speakers. Select it and go to the right column and select Off.

Bob Denman
12-05-2014, 10:05 AM
:shocked: Dang... After I answered; I wasn't sure.
This had come up in here once before... :2thumbs: