PDA

View Full Version : Traveling to Spyderfest

Trbayth
12-04-2014, 08:15 AM
So I'd really love to be able to get out to MO this year but the idea of a 17+ hour ride has me a bit nervous. Maybe it's too early to ask but is anyone else heading out from the Northeast and is planning a caravan or group ride to get there? Maps show the most direct route for me to be I-80 to I-70.

Trb--

Bob Denman
12-04-2014, 08:19 AM
Cut your trip into two days... Much easier that way!
There will be LOTS of folks heading that way in late-April; keep an eye out, for where the caravans are forming-up. :thumbup:

PrairieSpyder
12-04-2014, 08:41 AM
There is usually a contingent from Quebec, Ohio, etc., that seem to form up along the way. Maybe you can watch these boards to learn their plans.

Bob Denman
12-04-2014, 08:53 AM
There's usually a group out of North Jersey also...

...And Central New York State...

..And New England.

We'll get you there! :thumbup:

Highwayman2013
12-04-2014, 09:41 AM
Pierre led a group out of Quebec last year. Keep posted here as it gets closer.

Cruzr Joe
12-04-2014, 01:15 PM
17 hour ride sure lends to making it a pleasent two day trip.

Cruzr Joe

ARtraveler
12-04-2014, 02:52 PM
Two days ride is best unless you are an Iron Butt contender. You should have no problem hooking up with other riders as the date gets near.

Long trips with others are better than going solo. IMO

Trbayth
12-04-2014, 05:29 PM
Nope, no Iron Butt here. Two days each way is best.

I guess I need to make my decision real quick. I imagine this will sell out really fast.

Trb--

PrairieSpyder
12-04-2014, 10:00 PM
Nope, no Iron Butt here. Two days each way is best.

I guess I need to make my decision real quick. I imagine this will sell out really fast.

Trb--

Lots of folks make a last minute decision about attending. The only things you'll miss out on are host hotel rates& maybe a t-shirt that would have been included in early registrations. So come on over whenever you decide to come. Besides the 4 host hotels, there are lots of other hotels in the immediate area, some cheaper than the hosts.

clueless
01-23-2015, 04:14 PM
definitely two days... usually every year you hit rain either in or out. recommend you ride out and make your stop over reservations via cell phone along the way. that way you dont have to ride late into the night if the weather sucks... last year rode (skirted) a tornado that was along the way in ...

viperryder
01-24-2015, 09:09 AM
There will be two Spyders leaving northeast Ohio Monday the 27 August in the mornig. We will be traveling al superslab and will stop overnite for one night stay. Pm if you are interested in joining.

Professor
01-24-2015, 10:35 AM
There will be two Spyders leaving northeast Ohio Monday the 27 August in the mornig. We will be traveling al superslab and will stop overnite for one night stay. Pm if you are interested in joining.
I'm guessing you meant April instead of August - otherwise you are going to be just a tad late. ;)

viperryder
01-25-2015, 12:13 PM
I'm guessing you meant April instead of August - otherwise you are going to be just a tad late. ;)

You are absolutely correct :yes::yes:

bdunigan
01-30-2015, 10:42 AM
I'm hoping to go too. If so, I'll be leaving from Tucson Arizona. Anyone from Southwest planning to go?

jaherbst
01-30-2015, 08:49 PM
I'm hoping to go too. If so, I'll be leaving from Tucson Arizona. Anyone from Southwest planning to go?

I will be leaving from Oro Valley (Tucson) for Spyderfest. May be others also. PM me for more info.

Jack

Yazz
01-30-2015, 09:07 PM

Go to this post...

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/showthread.php?76207-WHO-WILL-BE-AT-SPYDERFEST-2015-AND-WHAT-CITIES-COUNTRIES-WILL-BE-REPRESENTED

It looks like people are leaving from Arizona.

Suggest you post in Arizona forums (at the bottom of the main page) to hook up with people.

Dragonfly
01-30-2015, 09:35 PM
definitely two days... usually every year you hit rain either in or out. recommend you ride out and make your stop over reservations via cell phone along the way. that way you dont have to ride late into the night if the weather sucks... last year rode (skirted) a tornado that was along the way in ...

But it still was a lot of fun even thought we did get a little dumped on.

Big Arm
01-30-2015, 10:51 PM

I will be leaving from Oro Valley (Tucson) for Spyderfest. May be others also. PM me for more info.

Jack

I'm also leaving from Tucson, but I'll be trailering the Spyder. Hope to see you both there.