PDA

View Full Version : 2015 F3-S SE6 Demo rides seat of pants observations Tucson, Az

spyderyderjim
12-03-2014, 09:16 PM
Hi all,
We can all give a BIG Thanks to Lamont, & BRP design team for development of awesome 2015 F3 Spyder!!!
Bottom line: 2015 F3-S SE6 is a HOT ROD muscle Spyder!!!
Awesome F3-S SE6 Arm stretching raw torque, power when rolling on throttle!!! Shift at 6,000 rpm (or any rpm) and F3-S lurches forward fast!!
(Back to back 40 minute F3-S SE6 demo rydes today, pegs #4).
A 35 mph posted corner taken at 60 mph (no nanny)!
F3 feels much lighter more agile, & corners with no lean, (compared to 2014 RT-S).
I found myself gripping handlebar grip tighter (to hang on when rolling on throttle).
Definitely need a backrest so you can relax grip on handlebar grips.
Definitely need a touring windshield (F4 Customs in Ohio is designing a F3 windshield).
Only 1 negative: both directions turn signal green arrows flash when turning (so you don't know which direction the turn signal is on).
Noticed radiator fans came on frequent at stop signs, understandable because I was on the throttle hard between stops, (but air is blown forward so you don't feel it on legs). It was 72 deg today.
Good wind protection on legs.
Really like the gas tank fill at top of tank!
Really like motorcycle type handlebars!
(photo is my cut/paste Givi E55 top case & E41 side case of how they would look on F3. I would think Givi will have luggage mounts for F3 by middle of 2015).
(they have mounts now for the RS).
Enjoy your rydes.
Jim

Big Arm
12-03-2014, 10:41 PM
I have to agree with what Jim posted above. I also went over to Ride Now here in Tucson today, just to ride the F3. One of the high lights of the afternoon was meeting Jim for the first time. I have read a lot of his post here on Spyderlovers.com and enjoyed reading what he posted about all the mods he did when he had the 13 RT. He now rides the 14 RT limited, but since he rode two demo rides today, and again tomorrow up in Masa, I'm wondering if a F3 will be joining his stable.
Jim talked me into riding the SE, which I'm not really use to, since I have the '08 GS manual, but I'm glad I did.
This thing is a real hot rod, and with just the flick of the thumb, it just climbs thru the gears. Very fast response with the throttle. This thing is a lot smoother than my GS for sure.
The trunk is not very big, an I was surprised how small it really was. I noticed that the front shocks can be adjusted, but not by much. No adjustment on the rear shock. Seat was very comfortable. I needed to use my visor since no F3 there, had a windshield.
I think the wife would make me move up to the RT, before she'd approve of the F3. ( the passenger would definitely need the back rest on this bike!
Anyway, if you get the chance to demo the F3, don't pass up the opportunity. ...........fun,fun, fun
Nice meeting you Jim, and hope we can meet up for a few rides this winter.

Purple Guy
12-04-2014, 11:35 AM
Thanks for sharing your impressions! :thumbup:

Chupaca
12-04-2014, 11:39 AM
glad you had a good demo ryde and got to feel and see the F3 on the road...:2thumbs: thaks fir the review...:thumbup:

ARtraveler
12-04-2014, 03:09 PM
Thanks for sharing. Sounds like a great new ride. :yes:

den1953
12-04-2014, 06:22 PM
Good demo ride info, thanks. Nearly a week into December and haven't heard of any dealers getting their first F3 Spyders yet. I'm still checking for You-Tube videos taken by demo riders using the Go-Pro Hero camera, nothing there yet either. Anyhow keep the information coming as I and others are soaking this up like a sponge!!