PDA

View Full Version : A QUICK COMPARASIN

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
12-03-2014, 02:14 PM
In NY we are awaiting the grand jury finding on the eric garner death.
In the michael brown death they rioted when it didn't turn out the way they liked.
Now the comparison of the 2, both would be considered large hulking individuals, both disobeyed a
policeman's lawful order and had to be dealt with on a physical level, eric garner had an extensive
arrest record while michael brown had just committed a robbery.

My reason for posting is to find out with people like this why do others feel the need for justice without
mentioning justice would be to put criminals in jail!

Now for those that want to bring up treyvon martin a point of interest might be:he bought skittles &
arizona WATERMELON FRUIT PUNCH not ice tea, the importance of this is 2 of the 3 ingredients to make
a cheap low grade meth is skittles & arizona watermelon fruit punch & a third ingredient that you can
get at cvs. Another point of interest is he had trace amounts of the drug in his system & the drug can
make you more hyper and agressive.

all 3 of these incidents that the protests and riots are about are for those who have no respect for the
law.

Bob Denman
12-03-2014, 02:42 PM
I'd be VERY careful with a thread like this...

cuznjohn
12-03-2014, 02:51 PM
:agree:

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
12-03-2014, 03:00 PM
I understand but i only am stating the facts, liking my spyder more then a slingshot is an opinion

Bob Denman
12-03-2014, 03:05 PM
http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/03/justice/new-york-grand-jury-chokehold/

ARtraveler
12-03-2014, 03:13 PM
This is the kind of thread that has no amicable ending. The opinions are out there and currently the public is riled up over the subject.

The subject is a political hot button issue and IMO should not be on SL.

We don't need another members hating members thread. Surprised you don't seem to get it after all the stuff that has been going on here since Monday.

ASBESTOS SUIT: ENGAGED

ARtraveler
12-03-2014, 03:14 PM
I understand but i only am stating the facts, liking my spyder more then a slingshot is an opinion

Good and appropriate subject matter. :yes:

Bob Denman
12-03-2014, 03:22 PM
A comparison between the two situations in inevitable... but not really valid.
The officer in Missouri followed procedures; this nit-wit used a choke-hold that has been banned...
..and it's also not the first time that he's been in trouble.
It's just my opinion; this Grand Jury made a mistake... this time. :shocked:

Art Mann
12-03-2014, 03:25 PM
The title of this particular forum is "Spyder General Discussion". Why would someone bring up such a subject that has absolutely nothing to do with the title and purpose of the forum? Many interesting and highly useful internet forums on the internet have been destroyed by injecting highly contentious but unrelated subjects into the conversation. At the very least, it ought to have been posted on the Off Topic forum.

Bob Denman
12-03-2014, 03:27 PM
It'll get moved over into the "Off-Topic" area once Lamont sees it... :thumbup:
Or; he may just kill it off... :shocked:

cuznjohn
12-03-2014, 03:28 PM
i have to agree with bob, they made a mistake on this one. i am all for cops but this one was a bad call. and tonight is the Rockefeller Christmas tree lighting. this could turn bad fast

Bob Denman
12-03-2014, 03:39 PM
:agree: Let's all hope that it doesn't... :shocked:

Chupaca
12-03-2014, 05:52 PM
not touching this even with rubber gloves....:ohyea:

Tim Pringle
12-03-2014, 07:27 PM
In NY we are awaiting the grand jury finding on the eric garner death.
In the michael brown death they rioted when it didn't turn out the way they liked.
Now the comparison of the 2, both would be considered large hulking individuals, both disobeyed a
policeman's lawful order and had to be dealt with on a physical level, eric garner had an extensive
arrest record while michael brown had just committed a robbery.

My reason for posting is to find out with people like this why do others feel the need for justice without
mentioning justice would be to put criminals in jail!

Now for those that want to bring up treyvon martin a point of interest might be:he bought skittles &
arizona WATERMELON FRUIT PUNCH not ice tea, the importance of this is 2 of the 3 ingredients to make
a cheap low grade meth is skittles & arizona watermelon fruit punch & a third ingredient that you can
get at cvs. Another point of interest is he had trace amounts of the drug in his system & the drug can
make you more hyper and agressive.

all 3 of these incidents that the protests and riots are about are for those who have no respect for the
law.

Please, lets keep this out of the Spyder General Discussion forum. There is another forum for Off-Topic discussions.

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
12-04-2014, 08:03 AM
i am sorry if this post upset some and if i knew how i would put it in another section but i do not regret the
post since i firmly believe in our 1st ammendment. i just wish the news would tell the truth and the full
story so protesters would do so for the right reasons.

Bob Denman
12-04-2014, 08:09 AM
I don't think that the complaint was about the thread...
... It was more about where you put it.

And it's been fixed! :thumbup:

wyliec
12-04-2014, 11:39 AM
A comparison between the two situations in inevitable... but not really valid.
The officer in Missouri followed procedures; this nit-wit used a choke-hold that has been banned...
..and it's also not the first time that he's been in trouble.
It's just my opinion; this Grand Jury made a mistake... this time. :shocked:

Here's something interesting from Charles Barkley:

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2014/12/charles-barkley-eric-garner

Bob Denman
12-04-2014, 12:46 PM
Thanks, Wylie! :thumbup:
I think that the commentator and I agree on the largest part of this mess...
It certainly wasn't murder...

...but I was thinking along the lines of involuntary manslaughter, and I believe that he was also...
Only he called it something else.

Of course; having an opportunity to actually kick through what was presented to the Grand Jury, may help to at least explain their decision, and perhaps even change my opinion. ;)
(Not that I think that my opinion has any of them worried! :D)

Oldmanzues
12-04-2014, 09:45 PM
I agree with the Grand Jury in both cases. I do not think he was inteding it to be a choke hold, but a place to grab to try and sudue a large subject.
Obeying police orders in 99 % of the time is good advice, I think.
13 years behind a badge
Oldmanzues

MisterP
12-05-2014, 01:14 AM
i am sorry if this post upset some and if i knew how i would put it in another section but i do not regret the
post since i firmly believe in our 1st ammendment. i just wish the news would tell the truth and the full
story so protesters would do so for the right reasons.

whenever someone wants to post controversy on a website, they argue their amendment rights. Those rights include the fact you can say something, NOT that you have the right to say it on a site you don't own. The owner of this site has the right to not let you post controversy if they choose. You then have the right to start your own site and post whatever you want.

shelbydave
12-05-2014, 09:20 AM
whenever someone wants to post controversy on a website, they argue their amendment rights. Those rights include the fact you can say something, NOT that you have the right to say it on a site you don't own. The owner of this site has the right to not let you post controversy if they choose. You then have the right to start your own site and post whatever you want.

:agree: I made this exact statement on Facebook. 1st Amendment doesn't give you the right to say what you want, where you want. It give you the right to make those statements about and to our government - out in public.
You tick me off in my house, and you'll get B!@##-Slapped, and sent packing.
You post something on a forum (here, Facebook, Twitter...etc) that violate the owners rules, expect the same.

That doesn't mean you don't have the right to go out on the street and say the same thing... You DO!:thumbup:

Bob Denman
12-05-2014, 09:43 AM
Oftentimes, it's not whether you CAN say something; it's more like, "SHOULD" you? :dontknow:

(This from the guy, with no apparent sense of discretion at all...:roflblack:)

Mcubed45
12-05-2014, 01:12 PM
you have to wonder whether the cable news channels are trying to stir this country into another civil war. Just to get the ratings up, if you know what I mean. :roflblack::roflblack:

Honestly, though. These are all very tragic incidents and I can't help but wonder if we're headed back through the 60's again. Perhaps we didn't learn our lesson, back then.

Bob Denman
12-05-2014, 01:21 PM
In spite of what the various News Media outlets are telling you;
we're pretty-much smarter now, than we were back then. :thumbup:

Mcubed45
12-05-2014, 01:22 PM
I think it is important to have faith in "the system" (I hate that term) to work. I suspect that in each case there will be a major civil settlement in each case. It won't bring back anyone, but it will force the "powers that be" to stop and reconsider what they're doing before they go bankrupt. Just says. . .

SPECTACUALR SPIDERMAN
12-05-2014, 01:29 PM
But what about if you don't like it, turn the radio to another station. i don't like rap music so i make sure my
presets are not on them.
the reason i did the posting because i want everyone to be aware of the real facts not the ones you only
hear about on tv but perhaps the ones the grand juries hear about. if i wanted to rile people up i would mention
the over $10k on property tax i pay so our mta workers can earn a well deserved $100k a year plus pension &
medical.

since i don't spend my whole life on the forum(i have to work) i am still learning about how these forums work.
someday when i am retired & have an IPHONE 30 i hope that i still have my :spyder2: & wife & then i will know
how the heck to post politically correct.
until then i will probable screw up a few more times.
Now about the slingshot, i saw one yesterday & today........damn they look great, gets a lot more looks then my
:ani29: ever will but it will bottom out on potholes around here & i don't think i could drive to manhattan without
hurting it.

shelbydave
12-05-2014, 02:23 PM
But what about if you don't like it, turn the radio to another station. i don't like rap music so i make sure my
presets are not on them.

I think it has less to do with whether WE like it, and more to do with whether the forum owner believes it violates his policies.

Since the thread is still here, and unlocked, I'd venture to guess it didn't ruffle his feathers too much.

It IS a topic these days, and IMHO, more of a social issue, than a political issue. As long as the discussion stays there, it should be fine.

Now, as far as the decisions...

Ferguson - right decision. They had to decide based on the evidence they had, and couldn't "opinionate" on whether it he would have acted differently if he confronted a white person in the same circumstances.

New York - Right, and Wrong decision. This is based on my limited knowledge of the case, but I believe the Grand Jury was asked to determine if a charge of murder one should go to trial. I don't think it was pre-meditated, however, that officer IS guilty of a lesser offense, (manslaughter, or the like) based on what I saw.

Bob Denman
12-05-2014, 02:27 PM
Dave,
:agree:
Perhaps an involuntary manslaughter charge would have been the proper way to go with this one.
But then; we haven't had a chance to see any of the evidence that was reviewed by the Grand Jury.
They must have seen something, that we didn't... :shocked: