PDA

View Full Version : Pgr banner on rt windshield

jimnsusie
12-01-2014, 09:08 PM
This has probably already been posted somewhere but I couldn't find it. I have a 2014 rt se 6. Got it in Sept and have 1100 miles so far. I ride for PGR events and would like to put one of the windshield banners on for these rides. Do not know which banner to get and how they are kept on. I see them on lots of other bikes but haven't noticed one on a spyder. I see there are 28" and 32" length ones available. Maybe someone can point out the correct length for me. Thanks

Oldmanzues
12-01-2014, 10:20 PM
I had a 28 " one, held on with small bungee cord, but I lost it on a interstae highway, so can not help there. Ohio has a vinyl film one that sticks to the windshield. Ohiop used to have a square patch as well, that is what is on mine.
Good Luck and thanks for riding with the PGR
Oldmanzues

spacetiger
12-01-2014, 10:40 PM
http://store.patriotguard.org/PGR-Windshield-banner-state-specific/dp/B00FQNCZ2C

is this what you looking for?

jimnsusie
12-01-2014, 11:40 PM
http://store.patriotguard.org/PGR-Windshield-banner-state-specific/dp/B00FQNCZ2C

is this what you looking for?

Thanks but I have been to that web site several times for other pgr items. I have looked at their bike banners but am not sure if they will stay on a spyder rt windshield since it isn't smooth like a regular bike shield. Pretty sure it will come off at highway speed like a previous poster mentioned. They don't mention on their site how they are held on. Since the banner won't lay flat it looks like the wind will just lift it off and be gone.

cptjam
12-02-2014, 12:49 AM
4 gem clips. Then clear packing tape. Good to 100 mph! After, remove tape residue with goo gone. We also fly the flag on ISCI flagpoles on the back!
KIA missions are slowing, thankfully!

sscheuer47
12-02-2014, 01:10 AM
:agree:

I tried the one that is supposed to stay on the inside of the windshield. Didn't last a quarter mile.

bmwlarry
12-02-2014, 12:04 PM
I use the standard PG banner. I carefully slip the bottom edge under the chrome windshield caps, use 2 small bungie straps on the back side to keep taunt and use a four of those metal clips on the outside edges.

jimnsusie
12-02-2014, 02:02 PM
Thanks everyone