PDA

View Full Version : Drove a Slingshot today. WoW!

StanProff
11-29-2014, 06:36 PM
Made a run to my dealer (East TN. ATV) to pick up a couple of things and to have a first hand look at the Slingshot. They unloaded some Yesterday. The owner took me for a ride in their Demo unit and I drove it back to the dealer from a few miles up the road. Let me make this "perfectly clear" I am in no way interested in a slingshot to take the place of my Spyder. It is a completely different machine and ride. It is even more different than I thought it would be. Now with that being said, that thing is an awesome machine. It is stupid fast! I'm talking leaving rubber on the road completely through first gear and well into second! 100 mph before you can think about it! We went through sweeper curves with 55 mph speed limits at right at a hundred mph and the machine felt solid as a rock. There was absolutely no sensation of being on three wheels. It felt like a sports car glued to the road. That was the impression from the passenger seat, now the impression from behind the wheel. Set down, buckle the lap/shoulder strap, push in the clutch and put it in first gear. The clutch was light and quick, pushing down the gas pedal breaks the tire loose with very little objection from the engine. I went through the gears and settled in 5th gear at about 65 -70 mph. Time to play. downshift to 3rd and hit it to the floor. Did the tire break loose again? I think so! Like I said, this thing is stupid fast. And Fun! And Dangerous! It would be so easy to get plenty of speeding tickets. To me it is like driving an extremely fast, open top car. In the wrong hands (meaning teenagers etc.) without having respect for the speed and power ,a person could get into trouble really quick. I think it will be a great seller for Polaris and have a good market. I would highly recommend driving or riding in one if you get the chance.

ARtraveler
11-29-2014, 06:39 PM
Thank you for posting your ride impressions. Sounds like something I would like a lot--if I did not already have two :spyder2:'s. :roflblack:

Bob Denman
11-29-2014, 06:46 PM
:lecturef_smilie: Be careful, Stan...
You'll be adding another Bay on the garage; before you know what hit you... :shocked:

:congrats: :2thumbs:
They sound like a ton of fun!:yes:

Chupaca
11-29-2014, 06:52 PM
Some views from our own members. Glad you got a chance to ryde one and get the feel. So far most reviews were getting in and out..:2thumbs:

stevedfive
11-29-2014, 08:21 PM
Sounds like a fun car to drive.

daveinva
11-29-2014, 09:11 PM
Street-legal go-kart :2thumbs:

SAPD911
11-30-2014, 01:58 AM
I read on the SS forums, one SS owner already got a ticket, 65 in a 35, lol!

Bfromla
11-30-2014, 02:49 AM
Bring to TX & let us know (or not)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Purple Guy
11-30-2014, 09:43 AM
Thanks for your insight on the ride!
There was one at this years Toy Run and it did look like it would be a lot of fun to take for a RIP! :yes:

Bob Denman
11-30-2014, 09:53 AM
...If they actually work out some useable storage capacity in them... :thumbup:

BentGamer
12-01-2014, 10:37 PM
My wife and I took turns riding in a friends. Long story short. She loved it as did I. We will have one coming this spring.