PDA

View Full Version : looking forward to the demo ride Friday

hawkiii
11-26-2014, 04:50 PM
Well, I've gone thru the Build & Price twice for the new F3. One with all the goodies I would like and one with just what I need to keep from losing Deb off the back side. We are going for the demo ride Friday. I can't wait. If this thing is everything I am hoping it is, the GS is going to get traded in for the F3. Looks like everything I have ever asked for on a Spyder. Bigger engine, another forward gear, better gas mileage and a more relaxed riding position. Now, if it is as quick as the GS, I'm gonna need one.

ARtraveler
11-26-2014, 04:51 PM
Good luck. Hope you enjoy the test ride and purchase. :yes:

Chupaca
11-26-2014, 06:11 PM
it's all in the test ryde...you will love it from what you are wishing for. Have fun and confirm your order with us....:roflblack: you know let us know..!!

Bob Denman
11-26-2014, 06:43 PM
:congrats: The Best of Luck to you on Friday; please tell all of us what happens... :2thumbs:

GunDoctor
11-26-2014, 09:56 PM
Man I wanna go again. Beware Bob, it won't make waiting any easier. Have fun, will be watching for your thoughts. Have Fun.

den1953
11-27-2014, 06:38 AM
I keep checking to see if there are any more Youtube videos by guys with their GoPro Hero cameras recording their demo rides. Nothing much yet, just the official magazine & BRP stuff so far. Whenever anyone with one of those cameras does a MotoVlog of their demo ride please get it posted and be sure to talk about the ride and the F3 as you go. The more useful information I can get the better as it will help me make an informed decision as well as keep me entertained over the winter months.

den1953
11-28-2014, 07:10 AM
Be sure to post about that demo ride and include some pictures. I am soaking up all the F3 info and F3 visuals like a sponge.

Bob Denman
11-28-2014, 10:26 AM
:agree: We need all of the information that you can bring back to the table! :2thumbs:

SpyderRx
11-28-2014, 07:23 PM
I test rode the F3 today and I was impressed. Seating position was great. The stock seat was very comfortable I thought. Got to ride about 30 minutes. I had been trying to convince myself to buy a discounted 14 ST but the test ride sealed my fate. f3-S it is for me. All i needed was a windshield and a different set of handlebars to bring them a little closer to me. I love it!

hawkiii
11-29-2014, 12:19 PM
Ok folks, I waited to post this to make certain I got it all right for you. I went in with an open mind. I did a demo ride back when the RT came out and I knew a few minutes into the ride that the RT was not for me. I had the exact opposite thoughts a few minutes into the F3 ride. You don't ride on top of the F3, you ride down in the F3. The relaxed seating position allows you to roll through the turns without the centrifical force trying to unseat you.

None of the demo F3's had a windshield. This kind of worried me, when I first got the GS back in 2008 my head got bounced around until I found the windshield that was right for me. There was no problem on the F3. Sitting down in the F3, the wind flows right over the top of you. I had no wind buffeting with the F3.

This Spyder is quick. The throttle is much more sensitive than the GS. Just a touch and you are darting away from a stop. The route we took had us riding some nice back roads. We hit some stop signs that allowed us to spread out a little bit. I am really impressed with the acceleration of the F3. I think it is quicker than the GS. Even in 5th gear you can roll back the throttle and it will show you there is still power there. Make it all the way to 6th and the RPMs drop. Idle was about 900RPM, the GS idles around 1400RPM. I see big gas savings with the F3.

i really enjoyed being able to see the the display with just a slight drop of the sight, the GS you had to look down to check your status. It is right there for you on the F3. All said, I will be selling the GS. The F3 is everything I have been hoping it would be.

Now the downside, the trunk would not even fit my full face helmet with the Bluetooth unit attached. Trunk has shrunk. Did not see any type of place to set up a trailer hitch, but if you plan to travel with the F3 you will need one. Side bags may be a need for this ride but I love it anyway. I will be buying a F3.

cuznjohn
11-29-2014, 12:25 PM
Ok folks, I waited to post this to make certain I got it all right for you. I went in with an open mind. I did a demo ride back when the RT came out and I knew a few minutes into the ride that the RT was not for me. I had the exact opposite thoughts a few minutes into the F3 ride. You don't ride on top of the F3, you ride down in the F3. The relaxed seating position allows you to roll through the turns without the centrifical force trying to unseat you.

None of the demo F3's had a windshield. This kind of worried me, when I first got the GS back in 2008 my head got bounced around until I found the windshield that was right for me. There was no problem on the F3. Sitting down in the F3, the wind flows right over the top of you. I had no wind buffeting with the F3.

This Spyder is quick. The throttle is much more sensitive than the GS. Just a touch and you are darting away from a stop. The route we took had us riding some nice back roads. We hit some stop signs that allowed us to spread out a little bit. I am really impressed with the acceleration of the F3. I think it is quicker than the GS. Even in 5th gear you can roll back the throttle and it will show you there is still power there. Make it all the way to 6th and the RPMs drop. Idle was about 900RPM, the GS idles around 1400RPM. I see big gas savings with the F3.

i really enjoyed being able to see the the display with just a slight drop of the sight, the GS you had to look down to check your status. It is right there for you on the F3. All said, I will be selling the GS. The F3 is everything I have been hoping it would be.

Now the downside, the trunk would not even fit my full face helmet with the Bluetooth unit attached. Trunk has shrunk. Did not see any type of place to set up a trailer hitch, but if you plan to travel with the F3 you will need one. Side bags may be a need for this ride but I love it anyway. I will be buying a F3.

thanks for the very informative report, i worry about trying one because i might like it more than my rt. but as soon as my dealer gets them in i will be test riding one. thanks again

GunDoctor
11-29-2014, 12:39 PM
Thanks for your review, much like mine and others. The F3 is a winner in my mind and hopefully in my garage soon. I think we really need the after market to look into a hitch. Storage is a must since the Frunk is a cup holder and a place for your registration. Saddle bags from BRP are ridiculously priced, so let's get that added to after market .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bob Denman
11-29-2014, 03:38 PM
Hawkiii,
Thanks for "getting it all right"... :2thumbs:
This bike sure is sounding like a winner; I wonder if I could sneak It in behind the RT, in the garage??? :D

napper39
11-29-2014, 03:47 PM
when you buy youre pay for me one too ill come dowen and ride it home thank you:2thumbs::roflblack:

ARtraveler
11-29-2014, 03:52 PM
Hawkiii,
Thanks for "getting it all right"... :2thumbs:
This bike sure is sounding like a winner; I wonder if I could sneak It in behind the RT, in the garage??? :D

The best way is to get the missus aboard the RT and take a short 10 mph drive around the block. That will get the juices flowing. After she puts around 500 miles or so on the RT, she will want her own.

Then its time to give her the RT she loves and replace it with the F3 for you. She ends up with the farkle machine and you get the race bike. :yes: Sounds like win, win to me. :roflblack:

Bob Denman
11-29-2014, 05:33 PM
:shocked: She already owns the RT...
...And my Jeep...
...and the Guns... :gaah:

We always split everything right down the middle...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyqe8n-pbqQ&feature=player_detailpage

ARtraveler
11-29-2014, 06:15 PM
:shocked: She already owns the RT...
...And my Jeep...
...and the Guns... :gaah:

We always split everything right down the middle...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyqe8n-pbqQ&feature=player_detailpage

The divorcees theme song for sure. :roflblack::roflblack:

Bob Denman
11-29-2014, 06:32 PM
But we're not even divorced yet... :shocked:
She's too busy piling all of the chips, on her side of the table! :yikes:

Cruzr Joe
11-30-2014, 01:05 PM
But we're not even divorced yet... :shocked:
She's too busy piling all of the chips, on her side of the table! :yikes:

As well she should, if she didn't watch you, you would farkle her into bankruptcy. :lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie::lecturef_smilie :

(my wife was watching to see what my response would be, Sorry Bob)

Cruzr Joe

Bob Denman
11-30-2014, 05:41 PM
:D I know... ya gotta be careful! :2thumbs: