PDA

View Full Version : TxTag

ValleyRider
11-24-2014, 07:44 PM
I have seen some comments from Spyder owners regarding the placement of an Easy Pass or similar device for using toll roads. However I have not seen anyone who has the TxTag for motorcycles.

This device is larger than the ones used on vehicles. Can anyone advise where they placed the TxTag on their Spyder. I have a 2012 RT Limited.

Thanks

searsboy
11-24-2014, 10:05 PM
I have seen some comments from Spyder owners regarding the placement of an Easy Pass or similar device for using toll roads. However I have not seen anyone who has the TxTag for motorcycles.

This device is larger than the ones used on vehicles. Can anyone advise where they placed the TxTag on their Spyder. I have a 2012 RT Limited.

Thanks

I've used an EZ tag on many different bikes in the Houston area. Have carried it in fiberglass saddlebags, leather saddlebags, a winshield bag and velcroed in the frunk of my last bike (Honda NC700XD). Never had any problem with it being "read".
I plan on keeping it in the frunk on my STL...which I bring home TOMORROW!!! :rolleyes:

hdlongrod
11-24-2014, 10:10 PM
Attach ours to the underside of the trunk lid and they have worked fine.

jcthorne
11-25-2014, 07:36 AM
I attached mine to the underside of the front trunk lid. It fell off in a couple days down into the trunk. Now its in the front pocket of the trunk. Works fine.

revjvegas
11-25-2014, 07:55 AM
Tip: Just make sure you register your tag on their site with your Spyder licence plate number. That way when it doesn't get read proper, they can match the picture of your plate to your account. Otherwise, you could get hit with fees and have a time of it disputing them.

PS: I too place mine in the Frunk and haven't had any problems.

Oh and second tip: if you tow a trailer, you need a tag for that one too.

Dgjason
11-25-2014, 07:56 AM
Attach ours to the underside of the trunk lid and they have worked fine.

Mine is attached under the frunk lid also. No problem.

Dennis

ValleyRider
11-25-2014, 08:17 AM
Thanks for all of the common sense answers. My goes in to the underside of the Frunk. You guys as the best.

Bob Denman
11-25-2014, 08:35 AM
I tried the frunklid mounting point, and it never stayed put... :shocked:
I ended up using some double-sided tape to hook it to the top of the dash cover... :yikes:
But now that I've heard of it working from the pouch at the front of the frunk ("Front of the Frunk? :D), I think that I'll give that a try... :thumbup:

sduskin
11-25-2014, 10:53 AM
I attached mine to the underside of the front trunk lid. It fell off in a couple days down into the trunk. Now its in the front pocket of the trunk. Works fine.

The wife and I keep ours in the frunk web pocket with the side with the mounting feet facing in the direction of travel.

On a similar note, in OK, the motorcycle passes are the plastic card deck size. If you have the tags of all of your motorcycles registered with pikepass, then if you are riding a cycle and dont have the tag, you wont get a ticket. This has been personally experienced by my wife and I and confirmed by the pikepass support desk. If you go thru without paying, they take a picture of your tag. In motorcycles cases, if your motorcycle tag is registered, then no ticket.

trikermutha
11-25-2014, 12:28 PM
mine works well in the rear trunk..