PDA

View Full Version : Its a Beautiful Day . . . BUT!

Dan McNally
11-24-2014, 01:51 PM
It is a very odd day for late November. It is 70, right now, and sunny . . . a bit windy, but you can't always get perfect riding weather in late November :lecturef_smilie: . . . or 70 degree days! :bowdown:

Wednesday, we are looking at seven inches of snow! :yikes:

I jut spent the last couple hours riding from home to nowhere in particular, and back :ohyea:. . . added some more StaBil and topped off the gas tank before pulling in to the garage.

You never know, in the winter, how long until the next ride, but I'll take them when I find them. :yes:

BikerDoc
11-24-2014, 02:03 PM
It hit 90 degrees here today but it is supposed to dip to 40 degrees by Thursday. Just makes for a different kind of ryding.

BikerDoc
11-24-2014, 02:09 PM
It hit 90 degrees here today but it is supposed to dip to 40 degrees by Thursday. Just makes for a different kind of ryding. I rode another 100 plus miles today after over 150 plus each of the last two days

Bob Denman
11-24-2014, 02:17 PM
I jut spent the last couple hours riding from home to nowhere in particular, and back :ohyea:. . . added some more StaBil and topped off the gas tank before pulling in to the garage.You never know, in the winter, how long until the next ride, but I'll take them when I find them. :yes:

:agree: and :congrats: on squeezing in another good day of riding! :2thumbs:
:shocked: Wednesday is just about looking like the end of our chances... :banghead:

Vossr
11-24-2014, 02:22 PM
Just got back from a little 100mi scamper along the southern edge of the Texas Hill Country. Rode along TX 46, even seen another Spyder out for a stroll. Temps in the hi 50s & low 60s.. perfect for riding.

Here's to hoping that some warm sunny days will visit our northern friends, so they can get out also.

ARtraveler
11-24-2014, 02:27 PM
It is a very odd day for late November. It is 70, right now, and sunny . . . a bit windy, but you can't always get perfect riding weather in late November :lecturef_smilie: . . . or 70 degree days! :bowdown:

Wednesday, we are looking at seven inches of snow! :yikes:

I jut spent the last couple hours riding from home to nowhere in particular, and back :ohyea:. . . added some more StaBil and topped off the gas tank before pulling in to the garage.

You never know, in the winter, how long until the next ride, but I'll take them when I find them. :yes:

Great. :yes::yes::yes: You have to take those opportunities to ride when you can.

The seesaw weather that most are having is crazy to watch for sure. I have black ice on the first half mile or so. No riding for me on that. Snow is predicted for Thanksgiving--but none like a lot of you are experiencing.

Chupaca
11-24-2014, 03:36 PM
Never know when those odd days will pop up and I know they tapper...glad you got this one in..:2thumbs::clap:

Dan McNally
11-24-2014, 04:39 PM
Usually, we get about as much rain as we get snow in the winter, so I'm hoping for a good, rainy day to clean all the salt off the roads that will get put down in preparation for Wednesday . . . as soon as the roads are washed and dry, I'll be back out there . . . probably bundled up in a FirstGear Thermo Suit . . . riding as often as I can through the winter gets those tires moving and keeps the battery charged (both Topper's and mine! ;))

Bob Denman
11-24-2014, 05:30 PM
That sounds like a very good plan! :thumbup:
Up here; we get FAR more snow than rain. :banghead:
The bike gets parked, once they start adding salt or brine to the roads. :gaah:

Trbayth
11-24-2014, 06:52 PM
This weather and having the week off was a good reason to wake Phoenix up early from her Winter's nap. Went out for a couple of hours to have lunch.

Winter storm watch tomorrow night. I think this is finally the end of the season for me.

Trb--

SpyderAnn01
11-24-2014, 07:01 PM
I'm glad you had a great trip to nowhere. Hopefully the weather forecast is wrong and you will enjoy a snow free Thanksgiving.

Deanna777
11-24-2014, 07:22 PM
:agree: and :congrats: on squeezing in another good day of riding! :2thumbs:
:shocked: Wednesday is just about looking like the end of our chances... :banghead:Thursday we are going to miss the Nor-easter here in Central Vermont, southern part of Vermont will get snow( 4-8 inches????) The temps on Wed. thru next week will be in the 30's. So far this has been an unusual weather.

To bad for the ski areas that depend on the snow( this is usually a big ski week-end) Deanna

Deanna777
11-24-2014, 07:26 PM
That sounds like a very good plan! :thumbup:
Up here; we get FAR more snow than rain. :banghead:
The bike gets parked, once they start adding salt or brine to the roads. :gaah::agree: and :yikes: :yikes::yikes::yikes: :yikes: :banghead::banghead::banghead: :cus: Deanna

Deanna777
11-24-2014, 07:31 PM
This weather and having the week off was a good reason to wake Phoenix up early from her Winter's nap. Went out for a couple of hours to have lunch.

Winter storm watch tomorrow night. I think this is finally the end of the season for me.

Trb--On Thursday the southern part of Vermont has a Winter Storm warning Out. They are predicting 4-8 inches of snow, lesser amounts in central to the northern parts. Deanna

bmccaffrey
11-24-2014, 07:39 PM
Had 8' snowlast Friday more on the way Wednesday. Was 66 degree when i got home at 5;30.
Couldn't resist had to take the long way around the block:yes: