PDA

View Full Version : Help with Custom Dynamics Smart Triple Play Install

ShadyGrady
11-23-2014, 10:29 PM
I installed Custom Dynamics Smart Triple Play module and LED Tail Lights on my 2013 ST today. I thought I had everything covered. I turn on the key but do not start the engine and everything functions as it is supposed to. But as soon as I start the engine and the front lights come on the turn signals start to disfunction (flash but irregularly). I am pretty sure I have an unequal load between the front and the rear turn signals.. I reread the instructions and retraced my install. Everything in sync with the directions. Then I found a small insert titled "Metric Signal Stabilizer". It states "If you are not using a Brake & Turn Signal Unifier you will need to cut the black connector plug off the end of the wire." I have to assume that they are referring to the load equalizer ("Signal Stabilizer"). It then states that the "Signal Stabilizer" should be installed where the Main Harness and the Rear Fender Harness come together. It proceeds with instructions for splicing into the turn signal wires with posi-tap connectors and grounding it to any confirmed 12v ground.

My questions: (1) where is the Main Harness to Rear Fender Harness Connector located on a ST? (2) Do you think that this will fix my issue?
Thanks,
ShadyGrady

ShadyGrady
11-26-2014, 12:39 PM
I rewired the harness for the turn signal to function as run/turn/stop and the taillights to function as run/brake only. Do not know why it worked but it did. Everything is working as it should.
ShadyGrady