PDA

View Full Version : I've seen the 2015 "Specail Series" RT...

Bob Denman
11-23-2014, 09:32 AM
...And they look pretty SuWEET! :2thumbs:

A couple of things that I didn't notice before...
Since they're based upon the RTS model; all of the Limited's Chrome parts, are just a kind of brushed satin finish. (I always thought that they were chrome also...)
The new wheels look AWFULLY darn nice! I have a feeling that a lot of folks will be "upgrading" to them! :thumbup:
The shorty windshield: If you like them; you'll love this one! If not; be prepared to buy a different one... :shocked:
My dealer has a Red Limited coming in next week. A Lady wants to trade in her Cognac 2014 Limited. ;) Hmmm... There may be a real nice bike available for the Holidays up at Klinger's PowerSports!

No word yet on the F-3s... they have a couple promised to them by Christmas.

Chupaca
11-23-2014, 10:48 AM
they are nice saw them at the show...now the F3 will depend on whos christmas you celebrate...:roflblack::roflblack:

Oldmanzues
11-23-2014, 10:58 AM
Bob D
have to afgree with you on the rd/black RT and the windshield ( did not like it at all). Looked great in the showroom, want to see it outside for the paint job. I wish more motorcycles could match Harleys for paint, they have such great colors. I have not owned a Harley in 45 years or so and leave it at that.
Oldmanzues

Captainpaul
11-23-2014, 11:12 AM
I am trying to decide on buying a 2015 or a left over 2014. I see no difference except for price. The special has little appeal to me, I now have a 2013 RTL and love everything except for the engine. Guel range is lacking, especially when I ride with my 2 wheel friends,. Also maintenance cost is very poor.
What are your thoughts???;)

JkRbbt
11-23-2014, 11:33 AM
Cap'nPaul,
I had the same dilemma. I DID trade a 2013 RTL for a 2014 RTS. That made the numbers a little more palatable without losing much. I opted for the 2014 because they have been thoroughly tested by our "forum test pilots" and the only real difference from the '14 to the '15 seems to be color choices. I am very pleased with my trade. If ya have the extra cash and like the '15 colors better, go for it, otherwise...! :D Good luck!

cuznjohn
11-23-2014, 11:59 AM

Since they're based upon the RTS model; all of the Limited's Chrome parts, are just a kind of brushed satin finish. (I always thought that they were chrome also...)
The new wheels look AWFULLY darn nice! I have a feeling that a lot of folks will be "upgrading" to them! :thumbup:
The shorty windshield: If you like them; you'll love this one! If not; be prepared to buy a different one... :shocked:
My dealer has a Red Limited coming in next week. A Lady wants to trade in her Cognac 2014 Limited. ;) Hmmm... There may be a real nice bike available for the Holidays up at Klinger's PowerSports!

any snow by your dealer bob

Bob Denman
11-23-2014, 12:30 PM
Hi John,
They had 3" of the "White Plague" at the higher elevations around Town... :shocked:
The roads were HORRIBLE I think that they must have brined them, in preparation for the weather... You let up a trail of white clouds; wherever you went! :gaah:

cuznjohn
11-23-2014, 12:33 PM
well had my house there for 22 years, one night in franklin we got 18 inches of snow over night

Bob Denman
11-23-2014, 12:35 PM
...And that was too far inland, to have been "Lake Effect" snow... :shocked:

Marker
11-23-2014, 01:56 PM
The "Special Edition" RT is just an RT-S with the black hood special edition badging and a low windshield. The low windshield is available as an accessory. Since its an RTS the chrome is a brushed nickle finish and no Chrome just black running boards.
In this neck of the woods F3 will not be here until February 2015 and the RT limited is due to arrive in January 2015. Dealer has a limited Edition RTS in black/Red.

PW2013STL
11-23-2014, 02:40 PM
Seen the Red & Black one in person yesterday. I have to say that I do love the color combo.

Two hours later it was sold to one of our group ride members. She traded in her Blue 2012 RT in on it. :thumbup:

ARtraveler
11-23-2014, 04:38 PM
I am trying to decide on buying a 2015 or a left over 2014. I see no difference except for price. The special has little appeal to me, I now have a 2013 RTL and love everything except for the engine. Guel range is lacking, especially when I ride with my 2 wheel friends,. Also maintenance cost is very poor.
What are your thoughts???;)

If you absolutely, positively do not have to have color X, then a left over 2014 may be the way to go if you can find one you like. There is always a slight difference in price for newer, but--then you are driving the latest and greatest--there something to say for that also.

Sorry, I guess I have just muddied the water a bit. :roflblack:

ARtraveler
11-23-2014, 04:41 PM

Oh, Oh! Methinks you may have been bitten by the bug. I have a feeling that there may be a new :spyder2: in your future. Would this be one for the missus or time to trade off the Cognac because it is now in need of an oil change. :roflblack:

Bob Denman
11-23-2014, 05:38 PM
The "Great Pumpkin" is going to be happily residing my garage, and drinking my choice of fuels for a VERY long time... :D

But it IS fun to dream... :2thumbs: