finless
11-22-2014, 11:58 AM
Self explanatory :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ka_ziBpN8As

Enjoy,
Bob

SpyderAnn01
11-22-2014, 12:00 PM
Okay Bob, I haven't watched the video but if you are installing them in 3 minutes I want to hire you. :roflblack:

finless
11-22-2014, 12:03 PM
Okay Bob, I haven't watched the video but if you are installing them in 3 minutes I want to hire you. :roflblack:

I could probably install it in 15 if I used the stock install with the sticky tape which I hated!

Removing the tape took 30 minute! I wish they would ship these things without the tape on them and let the user decide to use it or not!

Seriously, without the tape I am sure I could do these in 15 minutes easy! Ok Maybe 20 :)

Bob

SpyderAnn01
11-22-2014, 12:05 PM
Bob, watched the video good tips. We remove the speaker box also and it really makes things easier. We used the double sided tape but also ran a bead of the silicone at the top of the light to get rid of the gap. It looks flush and no hassles with removing the tape.

ThreeWheels
11-22-2014, 03:48 PM
Ditto on the bead of silicone.
I used black and it's undetectable.

eddieshep999
11-23-2014, 08:03 AM
My tip for the install is to make the connection to the HMT light in the rear funk lid then run a new wire from the rear funk lid down to where the normal connection is made - Due to the strain on the wire with the constant opening and closing of the lid the wire can break and you only have to replace the new wire from the Rear light up to the rear funk lid

My light broke about 2 inches from the HMT Unit and it was difficult to rejoin it - I did it with Posi-Taps running a new wire and this solved the problem

When I replace my Spyder RT with a new HMT Unit I will make sure the wire is connected under the lid so I can affect a repair should I need to

I do agree ref not supplying them with the 3M Tape already fitted - Maybe the supplier will take note or an e mail before ordering may help

bmwlarry
04-29-2015, 08:08 PM
Bob thanks for the tips. I will be installing this on my new 2015 RT LTD tomorrow. Today I took my time and removed the 3M tape. Mine was on there all wrinkled and it definitely would have not fit well with it. I will pu some clear silicon sealant tomorrow morning before starting. I will pull out the speaker box to make wire routing easier. I do like the idea to cut and reconnect wires with positaps under the lid. I think that is what you were referring to!! Correct? I will take photos as I go also.

finless
04-29-2015, 08:22 PM
Not under the lid but at the right tail light where you will be connection the wires to.

Bob